“Clean Hotel, terrible location” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Quinta Inn & Suites Port Lavaca

La Quinta Inn & Suites Port Lavaca
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Port Lavaca
oklahoma city
“Clean Hotel, terrible location”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2014

The La Quinta Port Lavaca Texas is a clean hotel in a terrible location. It is located next to a bottled gas distributer. Upon arrival we were relaxing in the room when we heard a loud hissing. I looked out the window and realized Large storage tank was emitting some sort of gas. This occurred about every 20 minutes. I called the desk and they Said it would stop about 8 pm. I noticed it was still making noise at 10:30 pm. If you are a light sleeper do not stay in the odd numbered rooms. These are the rooms on the noisy side. In addition by 6:30 they are loading trucks for delivery, every time the hi low backs up its beep beep beep. Plan on getting up early. I did ask for a different room on the opposite side. They only offered room 112 which was right next to the lobby and across from the breakfast room. The hotel parking lot was not full.

Room Tip: Stay in the even numbered rooms or stay somewhere else
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank hotheads1
lqinnandsuitesportla, Webmaster at La Quinta Inn & Suites Port Lavaca, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thanks for staying with us. I’m sorry that a situation outside our control detracted from your stay. While we satisfy hundreds of guests each week and get many very positive reviews, I apologize that our location was not ideal for you. As you saw, we provide ample parking, a choice of rooms and many other amenities that make us stand out from the competition, but I’m sorry we could not satisfy you.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
salado, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014

Title should say it all . Be sure to hang do not disturb sign and hope somebody can read English. Front desk staff the best . Very nice. Bed good food good clean all around. My wife and I will think twice about staying here again. We have stayed down the road and have had better experience.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

2 Thank Mike C
Dear Guest,

I appreciate you staying with us and am sorry if our housekeeping efforts detracted from your stay. Our staff is zealous about maintaining a clean, comfortable environment, and hanging the ‘do not disturb’ sign is, indeed, the best way to avoid being disturbed. I hope you will reconsider and stay with us again, but I’m sorry we failed to meet your needs in this case.

Denver, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014

Nice Hotel, close to the major industrial sites in the Port Lavaca area. The staff was friendly, and the room was clean and well maintained. I used the exercise room a few times, satisfactory. Plenty of TV channels, Breakfast was a bit sparse, but breakfast was hot and satisfying! the WIFI dropped off a couple of days, but it was up most of the time.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business

2 Thank Ed S
Dear Guest,

Thanks so much for your comments. I’m glad you were satisfied overall, but I’m sorry that a few aspects of your stay fell short of meeting our goal of 100 percent customer satisfaction. I hope that won’t stop you from staying with us again. We sincerely value your business.

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2014

This is a great hotel with a great staff. I stay here whenever I'm in town and have never had any serious issues. I rarely stay at any other La Quinta in my travels, but this one is excellent ... If only all La Quintas were like this one. If you are staying in the Port Lavaca area this is the place to stay.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Dear Guest,

We strive to be among the best hotels in our class and in our chain, and it’s great to get feedback indicating that we’re doing a good job. We value your business and look forward to having you with us again soon. Serving guests who recognize our commitment to value and customer service is a true pleasure.

Harker Heights, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2014

Excellent place to stay when in La Porte area. Friendly staff. Very clean and comfortable. We traveled with our small dog and they made her feel very welcome. Located next to Super WalMart and several good restaurants.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Mom18_01
Dear Guest,

We’re please to be a pet-friendly and people-friendly hotel! Thanks for your great comments about our staff and our property. We sincerely appreciate them, and I’ll make sure my staff see your positive comments. We take pride in our staff, our location, our comfort, our amenities -- and our guests like you. Thanks again.

Gun Barrel City, Texas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2014

My husband and I went to Port Lavaca for a family funeral and had both been ill for a couple of days. We did not want to stay with family and give them more of a chance to be around us and become ill. We decided to get a room and since we had stayed at other La Quinta's in the past we decided to stay here. This was a good choice for the staff were helpful, rooms clean, and convenient to where we needed to be. We give them a 10 and would definitely recommend them and stay again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family

1 Thank Vickie_1950
Dear Guest,

Thanks for much for your kind words. I’m very sorry for your loss and the difficult circumstances of your travel, but I’m so glad we could play a role in making the trip comfortable for you. We take pride in this property and in serving guests like you, no matter what brings you to Port Lavaca.

Port Lavaca, Tx., United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2013

This is a very nice hotel. The parking is handy. I like inside room entry. The rooms are spacious and well equipped and quiet. The management and staff are friendly and acquainted with the area. The hotel is located on the loop which leads to the bay and causeway and lovely recreation area with birding walkway.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family

1 Thank Linda S
Dear Guest,

I’m glad we were able to contribute to a happy Christmas for you. While we didn’t respond at the time, we read all comments and were especially glad to see yours. We take pride in this hotel and every aspect of it, including the great location. I hope you’ll be back to stay with us again, if you haven’t been already.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Port Lavaca
La Quinta Inn & Suites Victoria - South
American Inn & Suites
American Inn & Suites
#3 of 3 in Port O'Connor

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Port Lavaca? Share your experiences!