“July 4th holiday trip”

Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Port Lavaca
San Marcos, Texas
“July 4th holiday trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

Had another gr8 stay at this hotel. Best value in the entire town. Wonderfull staff, excellant kept hotel. Nothing but the best kind of trip. Hotel breakfast is well presented and a variety of foods offered.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

2 Thank Gr8fan
lqinnandsuitesportla, Webmaster at La Quinta Inn & Suites Port Lavaca, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thanks so much for your kind comments. We’re pleased to satisfy many guests each night, including you. Our goal is, in fact, 100 percent customer satisfaction, and we do whatever is necessary to make that happen. I hope you will be back with us again whenever possible and spread the word about our hotel.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Porter, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

The employee that checked us in was friendly, answered questions and gave us all the information. The room was very clean. The breakfast Sunday morning was delicious. The manager there was super nice and making sure the breakfast items were filled. The pool was excellent very clean. I will surely stay there again. I was very pleased. My first stay there.

Room Tip: I stayed on second floor and i don't know if just that floor pets are allowed. They did bark i g...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Rose A
Dear Guest,

I’m so glad you’re pleased and will be staying with us again. Serving guests like you who appreciate the combination of value, service and amenities we provide is true joy. I hope to have you with us often and look forward to welcoming you again. Please tell others about our hotel so we can continue to provide this great service to the community.

laredo, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

We had an awsome trip to Port La Vaca, Texas and we stayed at the La Quinta. Room was clean and crisp, and had plenty of towels... swimming pool has nice and clear. The breakfast was excellant with a variety of tasty goodies. The hospitality was encredible. We will definately travel to the beach and stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Guillermo R
lqinnandsuitesportla, Webmaster at La Quinta Inn & Suites Port Lavaca, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thanks so much for your nice comments. We truly enjoy hearing from guests like you who appreciate the combination of value, convenience and customer service we provide. We look forward to the opportunity to serve you again soon. We’re always changing and improving, and you can be sure that your next stay with us will be even better.

Arlington, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

Stayed at this La Quinta for 3 days this last week and found it to be a nice place. The king sized bed was very comfortable, room was clean and outlets were plentiful. The wifi service was not too strong where we were, at the end of the hall, but I plugged into the ethernet port and had no issues. I think their wireless router is located at the reception desk if my smartphone is any indication - full strength in the lobby.

We used the pool and although its not deep, it is also well maintained. We found the jets on the pool were really strong - the best one is in the middle of the pool on the hotel side. Nice to work out any kinks in your back after a long day.

Business center had 2 new HP units and a nice laser printer. Had to reset them to get the printer to work as some kids were messing with them but after that, all worked well. The exercise room was pretty much unused - I went in and had to turn on the ac. There's nice equipment - just not used much.

Breakfast had bananas, hard boiled eggs, those egg circle thingys, sausage links, sausage patties, the ubiquitous waffle maker, milk, juice, bagels, muffins, pigs in a blanket and yogurt. Coffee was available all day as well. They did run out on our last day but refilled quickly - some hungry people were in there just before we came down, I guess.

Nice location, easy to find. Next door to Wally World if you forgot to bring something.

Had interaction with the staff on getting more paper for the printer and general banter about the area. They could not have been nicer.

This is a very good La Quinta and will be my favorite hotel to stay in on any future trips to this area.

Room Tip: Pick even number rooms to avoid noise from a gas company (bottled gas) on the backside of the proper...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank silvervalk
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind comments. I’m glad you found a pleasant experience during your stay. I apologize that the wifi signal was weaker than you expected on your device. This varies by device, and that’s why we provided wired service as well. I’m especially pleased that you found our amenities, including our free breakfast, to be good. We look forward to having you with us again.

AUSTIN
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

Needed a place to stay while visiting friends, whose travel trailer is too small for visitors. Check-in was quick and hassle-free. Was delighted to learn that the only add-on was was tax. No hidden fees. That alone would make me consider La Quinta for future travels. Room was large and clean, with microwave, coffee maker, mini-fridge, and wide screen TV. Bathroom towels were nice and thick. No fancy toiletries, but soap and shampoo were all I needed.

Bed was medium/firm, with plenty of pillows. Although the sheets felt fresh and crisp, I did spy a small spot of blood, which was a definite turn-off.

As free breakfasts go, this was above the norm, with a waffle maker and a good selection of breakfast sausages, pastries, juices, and cereals... and a premium blend of coffee.

Although my guest room and breakfast room were nicely decorated, the lobby could use a spiff-up.

Front desk personnel were friendly, helpful, and professional. All in all, a good stay.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank ChuckInAustin
Dear Guest,

I’m so pleased you had a good stay with us. It’s a pleasure to serve guests who value the combination of comfort and affordability we provide. We strive for transparent pricing and the best possible value. We’ll take your comments about the lobby into consideration as part of our continuous improvement efforts. Thanks again for staying with us.

Groesbeck, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014

My husband took our whole family to La Porte, TX for my 50th birthday. We had seven adults and three grandchildren and we are going back this June. If you are looking for the perfect place for family friendly vacation I recommend this location. Beach and fishing during the day and wrap it up at the pool in the evening. We loved it !!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

2 Thank Ned J
Dear Guest,

We get lots of vacationers, and I’m very glad our accommodations were right for your large family. It’s a joy to contribute to the vacation happiness and important life events of our guests. I hope you will find occasion to stay with us again. We look forward to welcoming you and the entire family again.

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2014

As a single, over 65 female safety is very important. At La Quinta Inn in Port Lavaca, not only were the rooms and service at 4 star rates, I felt very secure. I have a small dog who needs to be walked. When walking in and out of the Inn, there was always someone at the desk. I would highly recommend this Inn.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Dear Guest,

We take great pride in providing a safe, comfortable experience. I’m glad our efforts have paid off in a stay that was pleasant for you. Thanks sincerely for your comments. We value the business of guests like you and hope you will return. You can be sure we’re committed to remaining safe, comfortable and a great value.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Port Lavaca
#13 of 23 in Victoria
American Inn & Suites
American Inn & Suites
#3 of 3 in Port O'Connor

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Port Lavaca? Share your experiences!