“Sight seeing and exploring” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Indianola Fishing Marina

Indianola Fishing Marina
More attraction details
Owner description: Complete Accommodations for Saltwater fishing. Live Bait, Boat Launch, Cabin- RV rentals, RV Hook-ups, Gas, Ice, Beer, Restaurant,Kayak Rental,Covered Deck, Live Music on Weekends, Texas Fishing License sold,Lighted Fishing Pier. Fun for the Whole Family.
Lott, Texas
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Sight seeing and exploring”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

Sleepy little fishing community with marina, RV and camping facilities. I plan to come back and bring the boat to do some fishing.

Visited July 2014
3 Thank Lisa H

Austin, Texas
81 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 111 helpful votes
“Once a prosperous steamboating port of entry”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

It's very historic but there isn't much here to attract anyone, save the prospect of fishing. The store and pier are adequate but there is N O T H I N G else, save a collection of private residences, which vary from fairly expensive construction to the older mobile home surrounded by a chain link fence. The town/area has been swept clean, down to the ground, at least three times in written history by massive hurricanes. A giant statue of the early French explorer LaSalle is located here. It does have an interesting history if the reader would like to explore it further.

Visited July 2014
4 Thank falconfling1
Victoria, Texas
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Surprisingly Good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014

We first walked in to the marina expecting, we'll, a marina. It was pleasant. The inside walls are adorned with photos and historical writings about Indianola and the outside is a fishing deck. The marina sells various items such as bait, fishing supplies, and snacks. Also a part of the marina, is a small restaurant. Their menu includes classics like hamburgers, patty melts, and chicken strips, but it also included pleasant surprises such as calamari, fried pickle wheels, and fried zucchini. We chatted with the chef shortly and he and his assistant were cheerful. I personally felt they cared what my food tasted like. We ate the burgers for lunch and a mix of food for dinner.
I was very impressed. Should you find yourself in this part of Texas and need a good treat, give it a shot.

Visited January 2014
5 Thank runge_sean
Port Lavaca
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“My favorite relaxing place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2013

I live in Port Lavaca, si I frequently go to this place. Is a ghost town, more for people who likes to fish and has some quite time. It has a fishing pier and a little store. The burger n the bun are my favorite. Fishing is not my strong, so in my three times fishing there I didn't catch something great. But I enjoy to sit there on their picnic chairs, watch the dolphins, see people catching big reds and trout and enjoying nice weather specially in fall. I went for the first time to this place almost three years ago. I am from Puerto Rico and this place remind me my island with places like this all arround it coast. Hope that help you.

Visited November 2013
3 Thank Edith M
Victoria, Texas, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Great Place to Fish”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2013

In the summer and fall of 2012 I frequented this fishing spot 2-3 times per week. It has everything to offer the fisherwoman like a covered patio, chairs, picnic tables, restaurant with air-conditioning, bait and fishing supplies and lets not forget restrooms. The people are friendly and helpful when needed and the food was good. I have fished in other areas around here and this by far is the best spot I have found. It is a great place to catch trout for sure, some red but the trout is always abundant. You can also watch the dolphins and that is really cool to see, just watch out for the oyster reefs. The fee for using the pier is $5.00 and you can also get your fishing license there as well.

Visited August 2012