“Good, but no pool” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Port Lavaca
Katy, United States
“Good, but no pool”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

The room was ok, the staff was friendly, but we booked the hotel partly for the pool and it was closed the entire time. The kids were very upset by this. The staff did offer the hotel accross the street as an alternative for swimming, stating it was the same owner, but it was a very busy street and that was really not convenient.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Houston, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

The toilet overflowed the first night, I had to get the staff to bring up a plunger, my personal bath soap which was only used once, I suspect was discarded by the cleaning crew (but also replaced by the staff). The most unfortunate part of the stay was that my fiancée was bitten when sleeping both nights of our stay but I failed to report it until we got home as my fiancée then showed me the bits that were all over his legs and arms, I also found three bits on my face. I am still waiting for a reply from management . But I want to be clear I really like staying at this hotel as this is the very first time that I have ever had a problem here (I stay at least 6 nights a year at this hotel), I usually have a great experience, I'm not sure why this occurred this time....I hope that they will address it where it won't happen again because I am scheduled to go back in a couple of weeks. I gave it a poor score for cleanliness only because of what occurred in the bed that my fiancée slept in, as the rooms always appear on the surface very clean.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

We enjoyed our stay here. Nice clean large rooms, friendly staff and reasonably priced rooms. We also enjoyed the breakfast bar. Would certainly stay here again and would recommend to friends and family.

Room Tip: Rooms were large, nicely decorated and comfortable.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Fort Worth, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

We arrived on 06/06/2014 our stay was for my grand daughters graduation our room was very clean, the staff was very nice and helpful, the internet was great and our room was cleaned right away the next day and our request for extra towles was met. We had a wonderful stay and the bed was very relaxing. over all appearance was nice and clean. We will continue to stay here again everytime we go to Port Lavaca.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Sugar Land, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014

My Mom and I were in Pt. Lavaca for a family wedding and stayed here for 3 nights. The room was very large and comfortable. Breakfast was good and the hostess was extremely pleasant. This weekend happened to be the Wounded Warrior weekend, so the hotel was at capacity with veterans who had been wounded in service. My Mom and observed several occasions where the staff attended to and went out of their way to make sure these service members had everything they needed. We were so impressed! If I need a room in Pt Lavaca again, I will definitely stay at the Best Western!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Whitehouse, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2014

This is a very nice motel with great staff. The room is very large and it feel like two rooms. Nice bed and a comforter chair. They do have breakfast but we didn,t have it because my wife and I had a big dinner a night before.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Houston
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

This Best Western Is not worth the money And I don't even pay the bill. The Maid service is the WORST I HAVE EVER SEEN IN THIS CHAIN OF HOTEL!!!!! Had to take out my trash, Towels felt like sandpaper, Never restocked any amenities and when requested was ignored!! Need to say more, Had 3 rooms for Business and alli were treated the same.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

BEST WESTERN Lone Star Inn
American Inn & Suites
American Inn & Suites
#3 of 3 in Port O'Connor

Been to BEST WESTERN Port Lavaca Inn? Share your experiences!