“Rooms were gross” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Port Lavaca
Port Lavaca, Texas
“Rooms were gross”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013 via mobile

I stayed their the end of september 2013 for 4 days . The room : they put me in a double when I reserved a single.
The bedding was full of stains .
Room Full of CRICKETS. Smoke detector hanging out of celiling by wires and not working .
Extreame mold on bathroom celings .

• Stayed September 2013
4 Thank morgan409
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Port Lavaca, responded to this review, 6 November 2013
Dear morgan409,
Thank you for sharing your review. We apologize for the unpleasant stay you had as a result of the cleanliness issues you experienced. These conditions are not consistent with Motel 6 standards for quality, and we encourage you to contact our Guest Relations Department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide our guests with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Port Lavaca, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

I lived here over 4 days, about 6x $ per night. The wifi is ok but the air conditioner is pretty bad and noise. I have to turn it off in the night or I coudn't sleep. I killed one cockroach in the room. In Lavaca you have not too much choice.... you know....

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Fredck34
Hockley, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2013

I booked a room to come stay with my husband for the weekend, as he is stationed here for a month on business. I decided to get a little bit better motel for us, or so I thought. The room look nothing like the picture advertised. The walls are paper thin that I could hear the neighbors right through them. The water pressure was very low. As this is an oil field town, I expected a lot of out of town workers, but I did not expect such a inconsiderate and vulgar mouth group of people. I got very little sleep. They were extremely loud day and night. For a few bucks more, I could have stayed at a better hotel. I would have expected the motel to have a tighter restriction on their facility. Needless to say I will not be staying at Motel 6 again. The only positive thing I had was an excellent view of the beach and it was within walking distance.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Mariza M

Travellers are raving about these Port Lavaca hotels

La Porte, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2012

room was clean realy liked the firm bed only the basic's no complaints the place was under extinsive reconstruction but when they are finished i realy believe this is going to be a good place for the money. the desk clerk was ok everyone answered all my needs and was polite

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank ticamax
Ulladulla, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2012

We have stayed in a number of Motel 6 establishments on this trip to the USA. Whilst the majority of Motel 6's maintain a pretty reasonable standard, this one does drop the standards markedly.
The rooms are pretty shabby and whilst air conditioners do operate, they are noisy, their effectiveness is very limited.
Cleaning leaves a bit to be desired also and for the prices charged, one would expect a better standard.
The staff are friendly and appear to make a good effort, but money needs to be spent to improve presentation and comfort.

Room Tip: Until work is done, cleanliness improved and rooms match the rates charged, I would stay elsewhere.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Kruzinoldguy
Spring
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2012

We stayed at this facility two different times within a three week period of time for a total of 5 days. This certainly isn't the $189 a night La Quinta or the Executive Suites with the most rude desk clerk ever but it was more than adequate for our needs. I had read the reviews and so I was very skeptical but to my surprise it was much better than we had hoped. I talked with Debbie at the front desk and was treated with respect and care. This is an old motel and could use some up dates so our room wasn't lavish but it was clean and quite. The linens were clean and fresh. Because my husband is disabled, we needed a lower level room. The staff went the extra mile to make sure we had what we needed and asked for. We will stay here again.

Room Tip: Call the motel directly and ask for Debbie as she consistantly demonstrates professional and courteo...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank 12ginger1966
Maine
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2011

I read the reviews and should have paid attention to them. I could have put up with the less than clean room, but there is no excuse for the staff. The cherry on top of the sundae was the little desk clerk looking into my room every thirty minutes to make sure there wasn't someone else in there with me. I had paid for one guest and that was it, just me. I closed the curtains so he knocked on the door. He asked me "Is there anyone else in the room with you?" The second time he asked me, "Are you sure there isn't anyone else in the room with you?" Such an accusation is insulting; Therefore, I will never stay there again.

Room Tip: Go someplace else.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
La Quinta Inn & Suites Victoria - South
American Inn & Suites
American Inn & Suites
#3 of 3 in Port O'Connor

Been to Motel 6 Port Lavaca? Share your experiences!