“Would not reccomend”

Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Port Lavaca
Beeville, Texas
“Would not reccomend”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We choose this hotel because the picture on the website looked great for the price. We stayed because we had to pay when we booked. When we got to the hotel the 1st room they sent us to was not even cleaned. The room we then got was ready but smelled bad. A/c was running and it was cool but smelled like it was locked up for months. There was only 1 trash can, no toilet paper (not even a paper holder). There was black stains in the bottom of the bath tub. Then behind the door in the bathroom there were old cockroach egg casings at first I thought it was dead rolly polly's but I was wrong. The kids went out to play in the pool and it was gross leaves all in the bottom like it hadn't been cleaned all year. Then later when we got ready for bed we pulled the comforter back and it was all stained up. There was not even 1 vending machine on the premises. The free cable service was very limited and the free wifi was so bad that we even sat in the lobby and still had bad connection. There was only 1 ice machine and it was all the way up front by the office. The free breakfast was only cold food on a small table in the front office area and was from 6-9???? Never the less I would absolutely not recommend staying unless you have no other option.

Room Tip: go somewhere else
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank greeniiis69
General M, Front Office Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, 1 January 2016
We appreciate your business on your recent visit with us. Please let us know what else we could do to make your journey more enjoyable. We look forward to having you as a guest in the future. Also, share your experience with family & friends by recommending our hotel to get free lunch coupon on your next stay.

Sincerely, All Abvi Staff

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Brookeland, Texas
Reviewed 16 June 2014

The first room I got when I arrived was dirty had dead bugs on the bathroom floor.I turned the air on and left when I got back to the room it was not cool so I thought maybe it was just hot outside but was still hot at 11 pm so I told them I wanted another room I get it and it was just cool enough to sleep but you had to stay uncovered .I wont stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank G9457QOrobert
General M, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, 6 May 2015
We appreciate your response. We are sorry for any inconvenience you may have had, Our front desk would gladly have moved you to a more comfortable room if the room was having a a/c or cooling issue.

Travellers are raving about these Port Lavaca hotels

San Marcos, Texas
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Making the reservation was easy, getting there was easy, although it was rather small compared to other hotels we have stayed at, and it was "clean". Seriously needs to be updated, and the carpets may need to be replaced, as both rooms we had smelled a bit musty! We liked the convenience of its location, close to everything we were doing for the weekend.

Overall, would come back as it was reasonably priced for a holiday weekend!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
We appreciate your response. We have done renovation to our rooms. We hope to see you on you next visit to Port Lavaca.
Port Lavaca, Texas
Reviewed 4 November 2013

This hotel is okay.I would have to say stay on the first floor. The rooms are way nicer. They do not change your bedding everyday unless you ask . The restaurant is only open for lunch.the bar is OUTDATED but the bartenders are great !

• Stayed October 2013
We appreciate your response, However we have done renovation to our rooms. We hope to see you the next time you visit Port Lavaca
Reviewed 6 July 2013

The Staff was friendly, quiet no loud neighbors, ok for a decent sleep with the cool A/C and the pool was refreshing. BUT....very outdated, plumbing poor. Bath tub held water while showering and toilet wouldn't fully flush. Coffee maker filthy but microwave and fridge ok. Overall beds and floor are clean but can't speak for the rest of the room. The lobby is very outdated as well. It reminded me of a musty old room. If you need a cheap room, as in cheap according to the hotel industry, this is your place. I would give it two stars only because the beds and floor were clean and the pool was refreshing with the cool colored night lighting.

Stayed July 2013
3 Thank Bluiangel
We appreciate your response, However we have renovated our rooms. We hope to see you the next time you visit Port Lavaca
Hockley, Texas
Reviewed 19 May 2013

My husband has been working in Port Lavaca for the past month. I have been making weekend trips to be with him. My last trip there I stayed at Motel 6 and posted a review. They scored an F with me. This trip I decided to try Americas Best Value Inn. What a difference of night and day!!!!!! The front desk person was very chipper and eager to assist me. I wouldn't say that it is a 4 star, but man was it a far better experience than my last visit at the other hotel. It turned out to be a very quiet and relaxing weekend. I even had a chance to go to the pool and it was nice and clean. The rooms could have better maintained, but overall, they were vacuumed and room service made sure to leave plenty of towels. I would recommend this hotel as a place to stay.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Mariza M
We appreciate your response, We hope to see you the next time you visit Port Lavaca!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Port Lavaca
Lone Star Inn & Suites
#13 of 23 in Victoria
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites Victoria
La Quinta Inn & Suites Victoria - South

Been to Americas Best Value Inn? Share your experiences!