“great for boaters” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Inn at Clark's

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Port O'Connor
The Inn at Clark's
Houston, Texas
“great for boaters”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2013

Not many spots where you get a boat slip by your room. I recommend any boater to head down to POC and stay at Clarks. I have been doing this for 4 years and always enjoy the visit. Eat at Josie's and Cathy's. If you want a sandbar for a Saturday afternoon then you must make your way to Sunday Beach. It is not uncommon for 200 boats to be enjoying the sun, drinks, and music. Seek local help to find your way - easy to follow someone.
Back to Clarks - great rooms, great view, good breakfast, not cheap, and you can walk to Josie's.
They book up for the big summer weekends.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends

Couples
Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2012

The best thing about the inn is the FREE boat slip you get when you book the room. Parking is right under the rooms as the other reviewer said. Walkway to slip is very clean and new (the wood I mean). This is so convenient in regards to boats coming in and out for fishing. We didn't bring our own boat since it was a 3 hr drive for us but we did hire a fishing guide and he came right to our boat slipped and we jumped in and out we went. We also stayed in the townhouse suite and it was very nice and spacious ... but some parts of the interior was very outdated. They could clean up the area a bit .. like the showerhead (old style and dirty at the top .. you can see the clogged holes at the top), handles on the drawers were missing, sugar next to the coffee pot had white tiny spots which indicates it has been there forever and has not been changed, corners of bathrooms were tethered, etc. I mean come on, this is the premier townhouse, they should clean it up a bit. Shower pressure was actually strong but again the dirty shower head was a turn off ! Beds were hard although nicely decorated. The theme of the townhouse was southwestern and was actually nice. We stayed in room 9. There is only another townhouse and it is 10. If you book a townhouse, and all they had was room 9, ask if they fixed the wet spot on top of the kitchen! I noticed it a bit once we checked in and it was a BIG water spot which was due to a leakage in the shower above it! It did not leak and I only stayed for two nights, so I didn't need to move. I did mentioned it to the front desk and she noted it and said she will tell maintenance. She said they fixed it before but I guess it didn't work. She was nice. She works the later shift .. but the lady that works the early morning shift .. man, she was not friendly at all! Short silver hair lady. She was a mature lady so that could be why so I tried not to get irked. She didn't even say good morning when she saw us at breakfast room. She didn't even re-fill the juice or milk .. we all had to ask her, including someone else besides my party. Breakfast was ok .. basic cereal, milk/juice, donuts, a few sausage biscuits when we were there, don't remember if there were fruits but one plate was empty and I asked her if there are fruits and she just shook her head. Ok then. Didn't even speak. Anyway .... outside the breakfast area, there are patio tables in the front which was nice. There is a bait house right across from the inn and that was convenient! The restaurant is no longer there! The gift shop is no longer there so they need to update their website. Overall, I was happy with the inn but I wished the interior could be cleaned up a bit . Oh and the towel (face and hand) was so old that they tethered at the ends. Really?! That was annoying if you are supposedly staying in the nicest room. You do get an outdoor closet to store your rods/baits, etc and that was really nice! The inside was dirty with wet rotten wood but that is not a big deal considering it was outside. You get your own key to that room. It is located next to where you park. We did not regret staying here but we had our fun so not sure if we will come back since we can fish where I am. Oh, the fishing was good here. Just by the jetties and we had lots of great size trout, big drum, and a dozen or more small type of snapper. Our party of 5 caught 40 or so fish! My daughter actually stopped after three fish cause her eyes swelled up from allergies to fish/saltwater so I would presume we would of had more fish. Oh we had to throw back a bunch of uneatable fish too so it was a bit more than 40.

Room Tip: If staying in townhouse suite, choose 10 if they have it. 9 has a water leakage and not sure if the...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Natster396
Houston
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2012

First let me say: I loved Port O'Connor. It truly does live up to its claim of being Texas' best kept fishing town secret. A sleepy laid back community of unpretentious folks. Our family of four stayed at the Inn at Clark's for a weekend fishing trip and were very pleased with accomodations. Overall the property was clean and in very well maintained condition. This property looked to be on the newer side, compared to other accomodations. Location on canal just off Intercoastal. Parking for car and boat trailer directly under the room. Boat launch at Clark's Marina is one minute walk. Boat slip is just ten steps from townhouse. So convenient. You can even purchase your fishing license in the office. Sit on balcony and watch fishermen return. We stayed in the two level "townhouse". Two bedrooms upstairs with two queens in each bedroom. Very spacious. One large bathroom upstairs, plus a half bath in the downstairs living area. Full kitchen - didn't use any of the appliances, except the coffee pot, but all looked clean. Nice continental breakfast. Cold cereals, fruit, pastries, juice, coffee, milk, and one morning had great hot burritos - don't know if that is a usual thing, though. Honestly, I had concerns about going to a fishin' town with my husband and teenage boys, based on the stories they told me about the other places they've stayed, some of which are ranked high on this site - which after driving past while we were in Port O'Connor - I do not get. BUT I would return to the Inn at Clark's in a heart beat. Only negative: bedding and linens a little on the thin side. If you are an oyster and/or shrimp lover, be sure to stop by the "shucking shack" which is next to the marina and pick up some seafood (in season) for CHEAP before you head home.

Room Tip: Townhouse was very roomy. Did not see any of the "regular" rooms.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
American Inn & Suites
American Inn & Suites
#3 of 3 in Port O'Connor
The Peaceful Pelican Bed & Breakfast

Been to The Inn at Clark's? Share your experiences!