“Cast & Blast and what a Blast”
Review of Poco Loco Lodge

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Port O'Connor
Poco Loco Lodge
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Port O'Connor
Reviewed 2 February 2012

What an experience! From the time we arrived, Mike Yuras was hands on and delivered a product and service beyond my expectations. The Casita was loaded with snack and beers. That came in very handy at our poker games. Keith our guide was selected by Mike Yuras and Keith was outstanding; he was prompt, friendly, patient and kind. Keith does like his Dr Pepper (cherry flavored)!
Duck hunting was amazing and we we able to catch a lot of fish, considering the fact that it was super windy. It was my fist time on an airboat and cant' wait to get back on it.
The lodge is very well organized and it's very clean. It's as clean as any place i've stayed anywhere in the world.
We had a group of 6 and Mike cooked us S. Texas BBQ and Shrimp Boil. Amazing !
Eventually the secrete about this place and POC will get out. Get there quickly and enjoy.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ro S

Reviewed 31 January 2012

I recently went on a hunting and fishing trip with 5 friends to Port O' Connor and was amazed at how friendly and easy Mike Yuras, proprietor of the Poco Loco Lodge made it. Provided tremndous rooms that were close to the Marina and linked us up with one of the best guides you could ever have.....ask for Keith! If you find yourself heading down to South Texas this is a must stop, some of the best scenery and waterscape that I have ever been around.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 December 2011

I lucked into staying at Poco Loco Lodge on a recent trip around the Texas coast with my mother. I found this place mentioned on TripAdvisor so took a look at the website. It looked like such a fun, unique place, plus all the great reviews that we just had to give it a try. I made an inquiry and received a very friendly, prompt and helpful reply. We booked a twin bedded room for three nights.

The place is easy to find, right toward the end of the "main street" in Port O'Connor. It is only a couple of blocks walk to the beach, making evening strolls easy and pleasant. Check in was very easy, we were shown all the facilities available to guests and our comfortable room as well.

The room was not large, but big enough and contained plenty of wardrobe and drawer space for our things. Another bonus, it had a table and chairs that we were able to play cards at every night. Surprising how rare this feature is in hotel/motel rooms. The room was decorated with local art and done in bright, cheerful colours. The bed was very comfortable with good quality linens. The bathroom was stocked with extremely high quality amenities, another welcome surprise.

The lodge provides so many extras for guests it's hard to know where to start. We did not fish so I am not able to comment on the facilities provided for fisherman. For guests there is a basket of snacks and a fridge of drinks in the room (with plenty of room for your own stuff too), plus a common room with more snacks and drinks. And all included in the price! There is an outdoor table and benches for enjoying snacks and drinks and the beautiful sea breezes.

The staff are all friendly and helpful and there is someone on hand when you need them. It's like staying with friends at the Poco Loco! We were provided with some excellent advice on restaurants as well as local shopping and facilities. Thanks for all the tips guys.

We found the place to be nice and quiet as well, which was great when traveling with my 84 year old mother. We slept very well and didn't hear any of our neighbors.

For anyone going to Port O'Connor I can't imagine you'd find any place to stay that would be half as nice as the Poco Loco. It is blessed with being unique in a world filled with chain hotel/motels of a mind-numbing sameness. Would stay there again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 September 2011

Port O'Conner may be the Texas' coast best kept secret but the Poco Loco Lodge is Port O'Conner's best kept everything! We just stayed here for the third time this year & believe it or not...it gets better every time! I found Poco Loco here on Trip Advisor & our first two trips were in March & May of this year...everything was just as promised by all the other visitors who have written reviews...SUPER clean & cute rooms, drinks, snacks, Corona, ice for your coolers...all furnished. This hotel does not nickel & dime you to death....they pamper you! This past weekend I planned, with the help of Deb, who is AMAZING, a surprise fishing trip for my husband's 50th birthday. Deb helped me coordinate rooms for our friends & family, the guided fishing trip & Mike, the owner furnished a cake for my husbands celebration. AND...when we walked into our room, there was a lovely gift for Wade's birthday,a note & neat cooler bag with the Poco Loco Lodge logo on it! These folks spare nothing to make you feel comfortable & at home. We really do feel like we are among friends when we stay here. We'll be back again & again & again!!! Let me not forget to mention the fishing guides...also AMAZING! We caught our limit & had the BEST time ever!

Room Tip: We've stayed in 3 different rooms....all were awesome! Some have full kitchens, others have frid...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 August 2011

I have been visiting POC for 20 years and have seen the Poco Lodge but never gave it a try. On a whim I decided to see what Trip Advisor people had to say about the motels in POC.

I saw it was #1 and after reading what others had said decided to give it a try. It's basically the same price as the others in town - less than Clarks, the same as the Captain's Quarters and a few bucks more than the "American Inn" (the Tarpon's new name).

The experience however can't be compared. It was like being at a boutique motel in Baja. The decor was great and the amenities were top notch. I'm not going to go into detail but let me suffice it to say that they want you to come back - I hope they never change. i will never stay anywhere else if I can get a room here.
There is no slip for your boat and it's not waterfront but who cares?
Trust me if you haven't tried it yet - don't wait any longer like I did...

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank robg9000
Reviewed 12 July 2011

My wife & I were coming down to Texas to visit my son and we decided that it would be nice to go on a fishing trip while down there. My wife found this small gulf-coast town and we discovered the Poco Loco lodge. After checking TripAdvisor, it sounded way too good to be true, but let me tell you, after staying there, it was everything and more than what the reviews indicated. The first thing that you get to experience is the friendliness of the owner and staff (Mike, Deborah, and Tiffany). They go out of their way to make you feel welcome and comfortable in every part of your stay. They also helped arrange our fishing charter prior to us arriving, so that was one less concern for us. Then there are the rooms! The colors and cleanliness can't help but make you smile, and the amenities that are offered (at no extra charge!) are unlike any others that you will find, even at twice the price. Anyway, I could go on and on, but suffice it to say, even though it is so far away, we had such a great time that we are considering bringing some friends and planning another trip sometime in the future. Thanks again, Mike, Deborah and Tiffany, for such a memorable stay. Hope to see you soon!

Paul & Michele McNichol
Mesquite, NV

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 May 2011

This seemed too good to be true, all of the good things said about this Motel are true. Our stay was short but this is the only place we will stay when we go to Port O,Conner, wish we had found this little " Haven ". sooner.
Cheers Colin, Gonzales Tx.

Room Tip: All is Gooood.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Port O'Connor
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Port Lavaca
La Quinta Inn & Suites Port Lavaca
American Inn & Suites
American Inn & Suites
#3 of 3 in Port O'Connor
The Peaceful Pelican Bed & Breakfast

Been to Poco Loco Lodge? Share your experiences!