“AMAZING!”
Review of Poco Loco Lodge

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Port O'Connor
Poco Loco Lodge
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Port O'Connor
Hartford, Connecticut
“AMAZING!”
Reviewed 1 July 2012

After reading all of the wonderful reviews I couldn't wait to visit Poco Loco and was not even a smidgen disappointed - in fact I could not have been happier! The whole property is fun and clean and the room was no different. It was homey and a little crazy with fun colors and one of a kind art wooden fish gracing the walls. The complimentary snacks were such a nice treat and anything else that I needed was also right there waiting including beach towels and my own Kurig machine. I would go back to Port O'Connot just to stay at Poco Loco again! Deb was a warm and friendly host and I just had the best experience!!! LOVE IT!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
4 Thank NutsnPerfect4You

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
texas
Reviewed 31 May 2012

Loved this place. They really know how to accommodate a guest (including snacks, drinks, air freshener, bug repellent extra towels, linens) extras you won't find at most places. Clean and cozy! Still talking about this place months later. Highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Longhornsgirl
Sacramento, CA
Reviewed 2 February 2012

What an experience! From the time we arrived, Mike Yuras was hands on and delivered a product and service beyond my expectations. The Casita was loaded with snack and beers. That came in very handy at our poker games. Keith our guide was selected by Mike Yuras and Keith was outstanding; he was prompt, friendly, patient and kind. Keith does like his Dr Pepper (cherry flavored)!
Duck hunting was amazing and we we able to catch a lot of fish, considering the fact that it was super windy. It was my fist time on an airboat and cant' wait to get back on it.
The lodge is very well organized and it's very clean. It's as clean as any place i've stayed anywhere in the world.
We had a group of 6 and Mike cooked us S. Texas BBQ and Shrimp Boil. Amazing !
Eventually the secrete about this place and POC will get out. Get there quickly and enjoy.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Ro S
Sacramento, California
Reviewed 31 January 2012

I recently went on a hunting and fishing trip with 5 friends to Port O' Connor and was amazed at how friendly and easy Mike Yuras, proprietor of the Poco Loco Lodge made it. Provided tremndous rooms that were close to the Marina and linked us up with one of the best guides you could ever have.....ask for Keith! If you find yourself heading down to South Texas this is a must stop, some of the best scenery and waterscape that I have ever been around.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
Queenstown, New Zealand
Reviewed 14 December 2011

I lucked into staying at Poco Loco Lodge on a recent trip around the Texas coast with my mother. I found this place mentioned on TripAdvisor so took a look at the website. It looked like such a fun, unique place, plus all the great reviews that we just had to give it a try. I made an inquiry and received a very friendly, prompt and helpful reply. We booked a twin bedded room for three nights.

The place is easy to find, right toward the end of the "main street" in Port O'Connor. It is only a couple of blocks walk to the beach, making evening strolls easy and pleasant. Check in was very easy, we were shown all the facilities available to guests and our comfortable room as well.

The room was not large, but big enough and contained plenty of wardrobe and drawer space for our things. Another bonus, it had a table and chairs that we were able to play cards at every night. Surprising how rare this feature is in hotel/motel rooms. The room was decorated with local art and done in bright, cheerful colours. The bed was very comfortable with good quality linens. The bathroom was stocked with extremely high quality amenities, another welcome surprise.

The lodge provides so many extras for guests it's hard to know where to start. We did not fish so I am not able to comment on the facilities provided for fisherman. For guests there is a basket of snacks and a fridge of drinks in the room (with plenty of room for your own stuff too), plus a common room with more snacks and drinks. And all included in the price! There is an outdoor table and benches for enjoying snacks and drinks and the beautiful sea breezes.

The staff are all friendly and helpful and there is someone on hand when you need them. It's like staying with friends at the Poco Loco! We were provided with some excellent advice on restaurants as well as local shopping and facilities. Thanks for all the tips guys.

We found the place to be nice and quiet as well, which was great when traveling with my 84 year old mother. We slept very well and didn't hear any of our neighbors.

For anyone going to Port O'Connor I can't imagine you'd find any place to stay that would be half as nice as the Poco Loco. It is blessed with being unique in a world filled with chain hotel/motels of a mind-numbing sameness. Would stay there again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Cypress, Texas
Reviewed 12 September 2011

Port O'Conner may be the Texas' coast best kept secret but the Poco Loco Lodge is Port O'Conner's best kept everything! We just stayed here for the third time this year & believe it or not...it gets better every time! I found Poco Loco here on Trip Advisor & our first two trips were in March & May of this year...everything was just as promised by all the other visitors who have written reviews...SUPER clean & cute rooms, drinks, snacks, Corona, ice for your coolers...all furnished. This hotel does not nickel & dime you to death....they pamper you! This past weekend I planned, with the help of Deb, who is AMAZING, a surprise fishing trip for my husband's 50th birthday. Deb helped me coordinate rooms for our friends & family, the guided fishing trip & Mike, the owner furnished a cake for my husbands celebration. AND...when we walked into our room, there was a lovely gift for Wade's birthday,a note & neat cooler bag with the Poco Loco Lodge logo on it! These folks spare nothing to make you feel comfortable & at home. We really do feel like we are among friends when we stay here. We'll be back again & again & again!!! Let me not forget to mention the fishing guides...also AMAZING! We caught our limit & had the BEST time ever!

Room Tip: We've stayed in 3 different rooms....all were awesome! Some have full kitchens, others have frid...