“A totally delightful place to stay in Port O'Connor!”
Review of Poco Loco Lodge

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Port O'Connor
Poco Loco Lodge
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Port O'Connor
texas
“A totally delightful place to stay in Port O'Connor!”
Reviewed 16 July 2013

Several years ago I reviewed this totally delightful and very unusual place for the local paper; speaking with Mike Yuris about his accomplishments and further aims for this property was quite an experience. At that time I took several photos of not only the units from the inside and outside but also of the office and the snack area. And Mike himself. We were extremely impressed with what Mike has done with this property; the site of the old grocery store here in Port O'Connor. The rooms are not only beautifully decorated in a delightful splash of color and accessories, but one feels the welcoming in the air itself around the property. Mike has several helpers on the property to assist any incoming resident in any way possible. I heartily recommend this place for an overnight; a weekend or even a week to stay. If I didn't live in Port O'Connor, I'd stay here myself!!!

Room Tip: Pick any room; you will enjoy the comfort and the other accouterments too.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank suzyktexas

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Mountain Top
Reviewed 25 February 2013

I recently stayed here for work and it was a great place. They offer great service and complimentary snacks and drinks. This place really stands out among the many typical hotels I frequently stay at. If I ever come back to Port O'Connor, its no question that I'll be staying here.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Greg D
Buena Vista, Virginia
Reviewed 5 February 2013

This place is not on the water but almost and is very user friendly. While I do not hunt or fish anymore Mike the owner is also a guide and has two boats you can charter. Unlike the hotel ZAZA in HOUSTON every in the fridge is free and if you run out of beers there are more in the "cantina" as he calls it, a small room with everything in a guest could need except a pool table. This place is all pastels and weird colors and a very nice and quite. The owner is hands on and the extras they give away to their treasured guests are beyond compare. I spent three nights here in early Jan exploring Calhoun County and Mustang Island. The weather this time of year was not "in season" but that made no difference. I will be back some day to go fishing with Mike

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Dennis D
Cypress, Texas
Reviewed 21 January 2013

Poco Loco thank you for the Top of the Line Service and Hospitality & an amazing fun duck hunt! Love the airboat, brought back memories from back home on the bayou in La., we reside in Cypress, TX. The lodge is very clean and cozy, well maintained, and love the choice of fun paint colors & wooden fish decorations in each rm, adorable....We had a blast on a gorgeous wkd there. I will share our experience with all.....Next yr, I am coordinating a ladies duck hunt with you guys. Thank you, Deborah, Mr.Mike, Keith-Our Duck Hunting Guide & Capt.of the Airboat
Most friendly & accommodating Folks...Highly recommend others to lodge here, you will not be disappointed. H & A York

Room Tip: Great rooms! Thank you so much for the yummie treats basket & candy jar, variety of coffee/KCups...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank HY554
Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed 1 July 2012

After reading all of the wonderful reviews I couldn't wait to visit Poco Loco and was not even a smidgen disappointed - in fact I could not have been happier! The whole property is fun and clean and the room was no different. It was homey and a little crazy with fun colors and one of a kind art wooden fish gracing the walls. The complimentary snacks were such a nice treat and anything else that I needed was also right there waiting including beach towels and my own Kurig machine. I would go back to Port O'Connot just to stay at Poco Loco again! Deb was a warm and friendly host and I just had the best experience!!! LOVE IT!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
4 Thank NutsnPerfect4You
texas
Reviewed 31 May 2012

Loved this place. They really know how to accommodate a guest (including snacks, drinks, air freshener, bug repellent extra towels, linens) extras you won't find at most places. Clean and cozy! Still talking about this place months later. Highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Longhornsgirl
Sacramento, CA
Reviewed 2 February 2012

What an experience! From the time we arrived, Mike Yuras was hands on and delivered a product and service beyond my expectations. The Casita was loaded with snack and beers. That came in very handy at our poker games. Keith our guide was selected by Mike Yuras and Keith was outstanding; he was prompt, friendly, patient and kind. Keith does like his Dr Pepper (cherry flavored)!
Duck hunting was amazing and we we able to catch a lot of fish, considering the fact that it was super windy. It was my fist time on an airboat and cant' wait to get back on it.
The lodge is very well organized and it's very clean. It's as clean as any place i've stayed anywhere in the world.
We had a group of 6 and Mike cooked us S. Texas BBQ and Shrimp Boil. Amazing !
Eventually the secrete about this place and POC will get out. Get there quickly and enjoy.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
American Inn & Suites
American Inn & Suites
#3 of 3 in Port O'Connor
The Peaceful Pelican Bed & Breakfast

Been to Poco Loco Lodge? Share your experiences!