“NOT SO GOOD. STAY SOMEWHERE ELSE. RUDE RUDE AND RUDE”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Corpus Christi-Portland
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Portland
Kansas
“NOT SO GOOD. STAY SOMEWHERE ELSE. RUDE RUDE AND RUDE”
Reviewed 16 June 2012

Wouldn't stay there again. Employees weren't friendly to begin with. Sorry I hardly ever give a hotel a bad bad ratING but this place is very rude. The first night there we had reserved a king bed went to room had two doubles beds, room was very small. Husband went back down to lobby they gave us a king size bed on a different floor. THEN at 3:00 AM my husband woke up and he had ANTS CRAWLING ALL over HIM. He had several bites on him. I called front desk and told them they said come down and get a key to a different room. (NO BIG DEAL TO THEM I GUESS, NO I AM SO SORRY OR ANYTHING). WE SHOULD OF A LEAST GOT OUR ROOM FREE FOR THAT NIGHT. So at 3:00 am in the morning we were moving to a different room again. NO SORRRY FOR YOUR TROUBLE OR ANYTHING. THAT IS VERY BAD SERVICE. My husband has sent in a complaint to the main office and they have sent on the message to this hotel and they still havent gotten back to him. Matter of fact they have done it twice. I can't believe they can't apologize for something like this. HOW RUDE THEY ARE IN this place. WOULD NOT recommend this hotel. We stayed two nights then were ready to get the heck out of this place. We checked out 3 days early.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank kslady56
, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Corpus Christi-Portland, responded to this review, 3 July 2012
Dear kslady56,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We take comments such as these very serious and would like to follow up with you. We have sent you a private message in effort to obtain more information. I look forward to hearing back from you very soon.

Katie J

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 12 June 2012

Recenly stayed here with my family. The hotel was new and fairly clean. However, the staff was rude and didn't have a clue how to treat guests. We were told that late check outs were only allowed for priority club members (which I am) and therefore we could not check out one hour late. When I explained that I was a priority club member, I was told that late check outs were disallowed by corporate policy...strange since I have had late check outs at other Holiday Inns. The breakfast was poor. They had milk, but you had to ask for it to be brought out of the back room even though an employee was present to monitor the breakfast items. I would not recommend this place to anyone! Customer service should be a priority in the hospitality business!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Rach H
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Corpus Christi-Portland, responded to this review, 21 July 2012
Dear Rach H,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best Holiday Inn Express around. We appreciate your nice comment regarding cleanliness of our hotel as well as the rooms.

However, It sounds like we fell below your expectations especially on out hotel staff service. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Orlando A.
Reviewed 2 June 2012

I stayed here for one night and I left COVERED in bed bug bites. Thankfully it looks like we haven't brought them home with us. The other people staying in the room with us were also bitten. We saw a bug the next morning and thought it was too big to be a bed bug; boy! Were we wrong! Room 409 is not recommended.

• Stayed May 2012
3 Thank Bedbugalerter
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Corpus Christi-Portland, responded to this review, 17 June 2012
Dear Bedbugalerter,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a candid review. I assure you bed bugs are not a sanitary issue and IHG takes these concerns seriously. We recommend that our hotels undergo routine preventative procedures to guard against bed bugs. In the event that bed bugs are discovered, we recommend that the hotel's pest control specialists act to ensure that the bugs are eradicated and if necessary, the hotel discards and replaces all affected furniture and linens. Additionally, we recommend the guest room is taken out of service until the hotel is advised that the guest room is pest free. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Ben J
IHG Care
Keller, Texas
Reviewed 29 May 2012

We reviewed Trip Advisor for hotels during our recent trip to Rockport, Texas. Rockport was mostly booked for the holiday weekend, so we chose the Holiday Inn Express & Suites in nearby Portland, Texas. The hotel is relatively new and the rooms were nicely appointed and clean. There was bedding available for the sofabed. We had requested extra towels (there were 5 of us), but those weren't supplied in the room and we had to go to the front desk for the necessary towels (the room only had 3). The real disappointment was breakfast. Breakfast was from 7 to 10am per the agent at check in. When I arrived at breakfast at 8:30am, they were already running out of food. There was no milk for cereal, no gravy for the biscuits, no bacon, no cinnamon rolls, and the pancake machine was out of batter. When I asked about these items, I was informed in a very rude fashion that no more would be made. The only options left for breakfast with an hour and a half before the end were 3 containers of yogurt, a few hard boiled eggs, a couple of biscuits, scrambled eggs and toast. I have never been at a Holiday Inn Express (which we use quite frequently) and had such a horrible experience at breakfast. I also have never been more rudely treated when I have asked questions. I will not book at this location again if I can avoid it. I also noted that this was one of the most expensive Holiday Inn Express & Suites that we have stayed at. The price was over 30% higher than other locations. This location did not provide any special access or area. It is located immediately off of the highway, so I can't understand the premium price.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Lesleybh
, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Corpus Christi-Portland, responded to this review, 11 July 2012
Dear Lesleybh,

Thank you for taking time to post a review of our property. We are delighted to know that you like the cleanliness of our rooms. I am sorry you received unacceptable service from our staff and regret you were not satisfied with our breakfast options. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best Holiday Inn Express around. For that reason, the comments are troubling and will certainly be looked into. Thank you for staying with us and hope you give us a chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Anthony M
Texas
Reviewed 25 December 2011

We stayed here in order to attend a family wedding in Sinton. For the last family event we attended in the area we stayed in Sinton at the smaller of the two inns and were terribly disappointed with the cleanliness and lack of service there. We didn't wish to have that happen again. HIE was clean, convenient, quiet and roomy. We were located next door to our family members. We had access to the breakfast area downstairs for larger family gatherings like playing card games and just hanging out.

If you are staying in the area for entertainment, the movies are right across the street and Corpus Christi and all it's sights are just a 10 minute drive.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Mont Belvieu, Texas
Reviewed 9 November 2011

I travel all over the world and this is one of my favorite hotels. It is very clean, and their is a brand new steak house in the parking lot, across the street is a movie theater and a Wal Mart. Not much to do in this town except work, but this is by far the best hotel in the area. I see people complaining about the staff and not enough towels. What a gripe, this is not a five star hotel, these types of hotels are for people who like a clean place to sleep, and a quiet room. Every time I have needed something the front desk clerk has always been very prompt and helpful. I stay here every time I am in the area.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 September 2011

My husband and I stayed at this hotel last night and it other than the nice exterior of the hotel, it felt like I was staying at a value motel. We paid $139 total with taxes for a suite room which was roomy. However, the bed was not as comfortable as some of the other hotels I've stayed in (Hampton, Homewood, Embassy Suites). And the shower head did not spray water out, rather it just fell straight underneath the head I'm guessing due to lack of water pressure?? But the real bummer came when we realized getting ready for bed that we'd forgotten our tube of toothpaste. My husband walked down to the front desk since the sign in the bathroom says they have emergency toiletries (toothbrush, toothpaste, razor, etc) for guests. Well they didn't have any toothpaste! So he had to drive to Walmart at 11:15 pm to buy some toothpaste. Then he woke up this morning with a sever migraine (which he gets about once a year) so after realizing I had taken my bottle out of purse at home, I called down to ask if their guest shop had an individual pkg of Advil, Tylenol or any pain reliever again the answer was no!! What hotel does not have this kind of stuff? Even motels that charge $50/night have stuff like this for purchase. So once again I drove to Walmart at 7:30 am to buy a bottle of Ibuprofen. It was very disappointing and frustrating to pay that much for a room at a brand of hotel that advertises how great their service is. One other thing that stands out is I walked down to get a cup of coffee from their breakfast room at 9:45 and it was already closed even though the sign said it was open until 10:00!! Again irritating! This is the first time I have ever been so disappointed enough to feel compelled to give a hotel a bad review. I could have stayed at the Omni Hotel or Embassy Suites in Corpus for less than what I paid here and gotten a full cooked to order breakfast and better service!! Spend your money elsewhere!

• Stayed September 2011