Americas Best Value Inn Portland/Corpus Christi
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Portland
Wolfe City, Texas
“Worst hotel”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

We checked in and was not happy with what we saw. The beds were hard as a rock. There was no phone in the room so you couldn't make any local calls. The remote didn't work and the lamp by the bed wouldn't come on. We tried to leave after one night but was told that we would be charged even if we left. They advertised that they served breakfast but when we went down to get it we were told that they didn't serve breakfast. We were offered old stale cereal but had to go get the milk from the store. The shower curtain was only held up with a bar of soap and my husband found a used condom in the room. Room service didn't come and replace towels after the first night. This was the worst hotel that we have ever stayed in.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Falicia H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
San Antonio, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

I am no motel snob, I have stayed in some cut-rate hotels in my time but this is by FAR the worst experience I have ever had. I could not wait until the sun came up to get the heck out of here. Dirty, dingy, scary, smelly, you name it - I do not know how they are able to stay in business, seems like there should be some standard since they are a national chain. I started up the stairs and thought i would stumble upon a crackhead in the most disgusting hallway I have ever seen. Felt like a third world country. Room was just as bad. Sheets smelled, pillows were about an inch thick. Towels bars broken off walls, beer tabs around the room. Nasty bathroom. Sleep in your car if you must, that's what I did.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank bjames1166

Travellers are raving about these Portland hotels

Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

Me and my kids came and try to have a wonderful spring brake week when we arrive and got a room at Americans best value inn I wz ok got a good deal for a week finally got to the room and it wz the worst hotel I ever been in my life they had dead bugs every were had a dead rat hoes in the wall the carpet wz yucky there wz blood stains in the pillows I opened the fridge and there wz Roches every were so I yell the girl in the front desk she tried to change me to another room and it wz worst the shower all black and with lots of mold so I say I want my money back and they say NO because if u get a weekly rate there's no refund so I lost almost 400 dollars my my brother got a room as a weekly rate he stayed for a day and went to the office for his money back and no refund he lost 316 dollars this people still money they have the worst employees the rooms are nasty u can get a big infection in this rooms this place needs to be shut down.....

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank cckxa4life
Corpus Christi, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed two nights in this hotel. When we checked in we were assigned a room and went upstairs and checked the room out. It was not cleaned well at all, had not been vacuumed and there was trash behind dressers and nightstand. The room also smelt like mildew. Only half of the lights in the room worked as well. Then after realizing that I left my purse in the car, I undid the deadbolt and went to get it out of the car, came back up with the key and it wouldn't open the door. Apparently the door still thought the deadbolt was activated. We had to go back to the office and the owner opened the door and we had to switch rooms. We did receive a slight upgrade bc there wasn't another room available but the ac in that room was off and it was terribly hot in there and was also smelly and unclean. We then had to go sit in our car for an hour for the room to even slightly cool down. The bedding appeared clean but stained and the toilet barely worked. I showered with my shoes on. It is a great location but the hotel is old and very run down.

• Stayed September 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

You would be better off sleeping in your car or on the beach than staying at this motel. My husband and I reserved this room due to no availability for all the days that we intended on staying for the Labor Day weekend at our perfered Hotel. The price was cheap and we were not expecting much, but this was UNBELEIVABLE. As soon as we opened the door which was nasty and rusted the smell of mildew hit us. The paint was severely peeling off the wall there were white stains on the head board the pillow cases and towels had stains The carpet was sticky and stained . The bathroom was worse.. the tub was rust stained and mildewed. My husband and I had to spend an extra 80 bucks on sheets, blankets, candles and cleaner just to make it were we could endure the night in the room. AND AFTER ALL THAT I WAS STILL BITTEN BY SOME TYPE OF BUG! The lobby and out side is Just as bad. I can not beleive that this place is actually in business.

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2013 via mobile

I wouldn't put a dog in these rooms!! It was close to corpus and wanted to go to beach and aquarium so with a 5 MONTH old BABY we didn't want right on beach so we went there. We stepped in room and the room stunk,tub was broken up,shower rod held up by a empty pack of cig and toliet was held up by news paper in back and front and to say the least the whole bathroom stunk like a man urnial The beds were hard and springs hit you. Went to get refund and refused!!! Ill never stay there again

• Stayed July 2013
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2013

I travel a lot for work, and stay at quite a few "cheap" hotels. This had to be the dirtiest that I've ever stayed at. Everything was covered in grime. I was exhausted by the time I made it to the room, and the sheets appeared to be clean, so I didn't leave, otherwise I would've tried to get a refund to go elsewhere.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Portland
Hotel DeVille
Hotel DeVille
#14 of 80 in Corpus Christi
Radisson Hotel Corpus Christi Beach
Radisson Hotel Corpus Christi Be...
#18 of 80 in Corpus Christi
BEST WESTERN Corpus Christi
BEST WESTERN Corpus Christi
#10 of 80 in Corpus Christi
Holiday Inn Corpus Christi Downtown Marina
Holiday Inn Corpus Christi Downt...
#19 of 80 in Corpus Christi
BEST WESTERN PLUS Northshore Inn

Been to Americas Best Value Inn Portland/Corpus Christi? Share your experiences!