“Never disappointed at a Hampton”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Portland
United States
“Never disappointed at a Hampton”
Reviewed 28 February 2014

I would stay at this Portland, Texas Hampton again. Right from the greeting we were treated to a pleasant experience. From the front desk staff to housekeeping everyone was very gracious. Breakfast the first morning we did not get down until right at 10. The gentleman in charge of breakfast told us not to rush, take our time and enjoy and to ask if there was anything we might need. 10 a.m. is when he would be breaking down the complimentary breakfast setup but instead was very patient until we were finished. I prefer the Hamptons and will stay in one whenever available.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Laura M, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay at Hampton Inn - Portland. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us along with our Hot Breakfast Buffet. I will be sure to pass your kind words along to other members of our staff.
As well thank you so much for the 5 star review!
We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Portland!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
College Station, United States
Reviewed 24 February 2014

I never offer expereinces for review but in this case I will. I was reserved a room on points and needed two queen beds. That was not available when I got there and since they had another king avialiable they offered me two rooms. Fist time I felt like being an honors member really mattered. I stay at Hilton properties all the time. Rooms never smell gungy, beds are good.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Laura M, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review the Hampton Inn - Portland, TX.. We would also like to thank you for your continuous loyalty to the Hilton family. We strive to work hard in providing exceptional quality service so to hear that my staff made you feel like a valuable HHonors member is very exciting to our team!!!. We try our best to accommodate our guest as best as possible and we are delighted to hear that we were able to do just that. Thank you again for taking the time to provide us with such positive feed back and I hope that you will continue to do just this for your stays so that we can learn from personal experiences such as yours, Postivie feed back allows us strength and hiccups allows us to encourage team members to seek new challanges and grow as a team! We look forward to seeing you during your next visit to Corpus Christi. Thank you!
Corpus Christi, United States
Reviewed 19 February 2014

The Hampton Inn in Portland, TX is a great place to stay. Superb accommodations with an excellent staff. The breakfast is awesome too! Staying here was a great break from the normal hotel because they go above and beyond to make you comfortable.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Laura M, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, responded to this review, 21 February 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay here with us at the Hampton Inn - Portland. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us!! Your comments are very much appreciated and welcomed. I will be sure to pass your kind words along to all members of our staff.

Thank you so much for the 5 star review! Our staff here is always pleased to go out of thier way to make your stay as comfortable and enjoyable as possible.

We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Portland!
Corpus Christi/ Portland, United States
Reviewed 1 February 2014

Nice clean hotel near the highway. Happy Hour and breakfast. I enjoyed my stay. The workout room was clean and had good equipment, but I did not have time to enjoy this room. The business center was clean and functioning. The room was large for one person and had a nice area to lounge next to the bed. I spent most of my time on the desk doing homework. The desk area had plenty of plugs for my computer, iPad, and phone. I only stayed one night, but I would have been comfortable staying much longer.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Laura M, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, responded to this review, 2 February 2014
I want to thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with such great comments about our property. Our staff works hard at providing a clean, fresh and friendly Hotel and we certainly appreciate knowing that our efforts are producing results.

We do value you as a guests and hope that should you be in the area again you will allow more time to enjoy our fitness center and social hour in the evenings (Mon-Thurs).

Thank you for staying with us!!
Portland, United States
Reviewed 31 January 2014

I had to spend 2 nights without sleep due to very loud noise from the old fridge. I had to complain 3 times, and finally with I had made up my mind to leave did they switch this fridge to that from other room. Pitty the person occupying that room. Also the water is too soft to take bath or was hands. You would be tired of scrubbing your hands and body. Did not like any of the pillows either.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with your comments. We do take feed back seriously and have already taken steps necessary to address these situations.

We strive to provide clean, fresh rooms with amenities 100 percent of the time and want each guest to be satisfied with each stay. We do have a water filtering system and it does feel softer than tap water if you are not used to it.

I want to apologize for the noise your in-room refrigerator made, I personally had this unit brought to my back office so that I could determine what was wrong with it and still have it in use for the back office. Sometimes we do have to replace items in the rooms and they may be brought in from another room to accommodate a guests on short notice but our goal is to make sure you have all the amenities we offer. We don't have "suites" but do provide appliances that you get in a suite Hotel.

I personally will be discussing this incident with all of my staff and do appreciate you bringing this to my attention. This is an opportunity for training and growth.

We do value you as a guests and hope that should you be in the area again, please give us another change to provide you with everything you can expect from a Hampton property.
Menlo Park, United States
Reviewed 27 January 2014

Appreciated the duvet covers, comfortable beds, and large rooms. Liked having eggs at breakfast. Internet service was better at the Rockport hotel than Portland, Texas. Staff very helpful, especially in getting information about severe weather conditions.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with valuable feedback. We do take feed back seriously and will be looking into your suggestions..

Our front desk is very knowledgeable and always ready to assist with directions, events and local attractions should you need them as well.

We have made some improvements with our bedding and find the sheets and Duvet covers are very comfortable, crisp and refreshing. We take pride in our beds and are glad you had a good nights sleep!

We know you have choices and thank you for choosing us!
hammonton, United States
Reviewed 18 January 2014

I found the staff very friendly and helpful at the Hampton Inn in Corpus Christie. They made you feel welcomed and helped you feel at home. The Happy Hours were a delight with plenty to eat and drink.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Laura M, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, responded to this review, 20 January 2014
Thank you for the great compliments! I am glad to hear you felt at home, that is our goal for each guests and the evening Manager's reception is just one way we can offer a relaxing, enjoyable way to unwind.

Our staff is always looking for ways to improve and your feed back is a valuable tool for training and encouragement.

We hope that you will continue to chose our hotel when you travel to this area so that you can see the continued success in our goals to make this hotel a "home away from home" property.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Portland
La Quinta Inn & Suites Corpus Christi - Portland
Omni Corpus Christi Hotel
Omni Corpus Christi Hotel
#3 of 80 in Corpus Christi
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,686 reviews

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson? Share your experiences!