“very good”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Portland
Reviewed 18 March 2014

staff were very friendly and helpful. location is good. free internet, free parking, free breakfast. room is clean but a little bit noise. only a few miles drive to corpus christi. we went during spring break so hotel is busy, but still very clean.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Laura M, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. We know you have choices when you travel and appreciate you choosing our hotel. Spring break can get a little crazy here on the beach areas and we try our best to keep up with the demad. We are glad to hear we were able to provide a clean property for your spring break get away. It is always a pleaure to have wonderful guests such as yourself stay at our property and look forward to providing the same quality hotel for your next trip to this area.

There are newer reviews for Country Inn & Suites By Carlson

Reviewed 18 March 2014

I have stayed in other places in Corpus Christi that charge twice as much and are not nearly as nice. The staff was great, the lobby was pretty, the rooms were nice... I was very impressed. Next time I am in the CC area for business, I will stay here and skip the downtown CC hotels (with which I was not impressed).

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Ms. Lacy,

Thank you so much for a wonderful review of our hotel! We appreciate you staying with us and are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Please do come back and stay with us agin should you be back in the area, our goal is for you to have the best stay possible and look forward to your return!

Reviewed 3 March 2014

This is a very nice hotel just like all the Hampton's I have been to. Rooms are great and beds are great to sleep in. Easy check in and out. The use of the internet comes in handy and is easy to use. Rooms are good and quite and make for a great nights sleep.The breakfast gets you started for the long day ahead.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Laura M, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2014

Thank you for your honest reveiw of our property and a 5 star rating. We make every effort possible to provide a great hotel and offer a great experience for each of our guests! We know you have choices and appreciate you chosing our Hampton Inn for your stay.

Our goal is 100% satisfaction and with partnership from reviews, we are able to consistantly provide a hotel that guests love and appreciate when they travel.

Thank you again for taking the time to let us know how we are doing!

Reviewed 28 February 2014

I would stay at this Portland, Texas Hampton again. Right from the greeting we were treated to a pleasant experience. From the front desk staff to housekeeping everyone was very gracious. Breakfast the first morning we did not get down until right at 10. The gentleman in charge of breakfast told us not to rush, take our time and enjoy and to ask if there was anything we might need. 10 a.m. is when he would be breaking down the complimentary breakfast setup but instead was very patient until we were finished. I prefer the Hamptons and will stay in one whenever available.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Laura M, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

Thank you for choosing to stay at Hampton Inn - Portland. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us along with our Hot Breakfast Buffet. I will be sure to pass your kind words along to other members of our staff.
As well thank you so much for the 5 star review!
We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Portland!

Reviewed 24 February 2014

I never offer expereinces for review but in this case I will. I was reserved a room on points and needed two queen beds. That was not available when I got there and since they had another king avialiable they offered me two rooms. Fist time I felt like being an honors member really mattered. I stay at Hilton properties all the time. Rooms never smell gungy, beds are good.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Laura M, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review the Hampton Inn - Portland, TX.. We would also like to thank you for your continuous loyalty to the Hilton family. We strive to work hard in providing exceptional quality service so to hear that my staff made you feel like a valuable HHonors member is very exciting to our team!!!. We try our best to accommodate our guest as best as possible and we are delighted to hear that we were able to do just that. Thank you again for taking the time to provide us with such positive feed back and I hope that you will continue to do just this for your stays so that we can learn from personal experiences such as yours, Postivie feed back allows us strength and hiccups allows us to encourage team members to seek new challanges and grow as a team! We look forward to seeing you during your next visit to Corpus Christi. Thank you!

Reviewed 19 February 2014

The Hampton Inn in Portland, TX is a great place to stay. Superb accommodations with an excellent staff. The breakfast is awesome too! Staying here was a great break from the normal hotel because they go above and beyond to make you comfortable.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Laura M, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2014

Thank you for choosing to stay here with us at the Hampton Inn - Portland. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us!! Your comments are very much appreciated and welcomed. I will be sure to pass your kind words along to all members of our staff.

Thank you so much for the 5 star review! Our staff here is always pleased to go out of thier way to make your stay as comfortable and enjoyable as possible.

We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Portland!

Reviewed 1 February 2014

Nice clean hotel near the highway. Happy Hour and breakfast. I enjoyed my stay. The workout room was clean and had good equipment, but I did not have time to enjoy this room. The business center was clean and functioning. The room was large for one person and had a nice area to lounge next to the bed. I spent most of my time on the desk doing homework. The desk area had plenty of plugs for my computer, iPad, and phone. I only stayed one night, but I would have been comfortable staying much longer.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Laura M, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2014

I want to thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with such great comments about our property. Our staff works hard at providing a clean, fresh and friendly Hotel and we certainly appreciate knowing that our efforts are producing results.

We do value you as a guests and hope that should you be in the area again you will allow more time to enjoy our fitness center and social hour in the evenings (Mon-Thurs).

Thank you for staying with us!!