“Great place to Stay!”

Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Portland
Houston, United States
“Great place to Stay!”
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Was in town for a family wedding. This stay was great! Bed was comfortable. The room was clean. It was quiet. I had no complaints at all. Wasn't really in the room much but it had everything I needed. Very convenient to small towns in the area and right on the way to Corpus Christi. Walmart, IHOP, and Chili's are right across the freeway.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo

1 Thank Karen L
Laura M, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Thank you for reviewing your stay at the Hampton Inn - Portland. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed our beds and was able to have a quite and relaxing stay with us. Our staff works hard to make sure each stay is enjoyable and they will be delighted to hear that they are succeeding. We hope that you will come back soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
La Porte, Texas
Reviewed 2 May 2014 via mobile

I was a little disappointed with this particular Hampton Inn. It's a little outdated. The pluses : clean,close to down town corpus.
Minuses:
Pool not heated, Food not all that great.
I gave it 3 stars because the staff was nice but like I said the Hotel was small and cost was too high.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment regarding staffing and location.

However, We’re sorry we fell below your expectation. We will address this point. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us another chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.
Bear, DE
Reviewed 20 April 2014

This hotel was excellence in service and the staff was very friendly and helpful. I would stay again if I was to return back to the area again. Also the managers happy hour provided a meal and drinks was not what I expected. Awesome!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Laura M, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
I appreciate you for taking time to write your review and I am glad to hear we were able to meet your expectations. It is very important to us that each guest is satisfied not only during your stay but after you leave as well.

Please keep us in mind should you be back in the area so that we can provide that same quality service time and again!

Guest’s like you is what makes this team strive for excellence!
Groves, United States
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Traveled here for a wedding. Room wasn't ready at time of check out. NO help received. Made me late to the wedding! Then upon checkout...they charged my card several times! Otherwise the hotel was very nice

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Laura M, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, responded to this review, 18 April 2014
Thank you for taking time to complete this survey. I am greatly concerned regarding your feedback and take comments very seriously.

First, I'd like to address some of the concerns you have mentioned. Our check in time is 3:00 PM and I do see that you we allowed early check in at 1:48 PM. We will always allow early check in if rooms are ready for your arrival. I see you switched cards at check in and an authorization was not approved until processed during the overnight process. I only see one charge on your credit card. I do not see multiple charges and would certainly like to see documentation from you so that I may look into this further on my end.

We strive to provide not only a clean hotel but one that is accommodating to our guests as often as possible and we do have a great team here. This review is not typical review of our property and I would like to discuss this with you personally.

Please contact me at your earliest convenience so that we can discuss your experience and understand perhaps what went wrong. 361.777.1500
San Antonio, United States
Reviewed 4 April 2014

the best stay anywhere so far. the staff great the service great and the location was super. The thing that was the coolest was the staff cant remember their names but everyone was so nice and helpful.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Laura M, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, responded to this review, 16 April 2014
Mr. Henry,

WOW!! Thank you so much for the awesome review! We are honored that you chose to stay with us and we were able to meet your expectations. Please come back and stay with us the next time you are in the area.
United States
Reviewed 3 April 2014

The hotel was very clean and the staff attentive. I would recommend this hotel for the value. Centrally located to the Corpus Christie/Port Aransas area. The breakfast was good, the businees center clean and stocked with supplies. The staff was always attentive if I had a question about the local area

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for such a wonderful review!! We appreciate you taking the time to leave your comments on here and even more appreciate you staying at our hotel!!

Please come back and stay with us again should you be in the area!
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 18 March 2014

Had a wonderful one night stay at the Hampton Inn. The beds were extremely comfortable. I normally wake early (5-6am) however easily slept until 7:20am due to the beds. If you are looking for a great night's rest, this is the place.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

I am so glad to hear you were able to sleep in!!! I agree with you, our beds are very comfortable! Thank you for taking the time out of your day to share your thoughts and opinions, we value them and take every comment seriously!

Please come back and see us again the next time you are in the area, we would love to let you sleep in again!