“should have read the reviews first...”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of K-Bob's Steak House - CLOSED

Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Waitstaff
Ingleside, Texas
“should have read the reviews first...”
Reviewed 19 February 2014

When we arrived it wasn't even a full restaurant and most people were already eating. It took 35 minutes to get our food. Not once during that time did the waitress make an appearance. The gravy on my cfs had jelled from sitting under a heat lamp, the fries cold and wimpy; my daughters hamburger was so well done you couldn't chew through the crusty outside; my wife's fried okra was right out of the freezer.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Mike J

Corpus Christi, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Disappointed customer”
Reviewed 23 December 2013

Our first visit was terrible, only 2 rolls though we were 4 in our party, and the chicken wing appeitzers were raw. But they were removed from our ticket. Our 2nd visit, we were remembered and our order was good, I grade it that way because it took forever to arrive and was served cold. Our last two visits were 2 days apart. We came in on Saturday and were told about a buy one get one free chicken fried steak dinner. When we got our ticket we were charged for both dinners. We were told our waiter mispoke that the special was only avaliable Mon - Fri. UGH! We then returned on Monday so that we could take advantage of the special. No rolls, extra small chicken fried steaks (eventho) we ordered the large and were told we would have to pay the difference on the 2nd steak. But the one that upset us most was when we commented that we had also visited another kbobs last week when we had come here but thier were no rolls here. She tolds us "maybe you should go there next time" We will, but we hope this bad service is only at the portland area.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank lmf8858
Portland TX
“It's OK, but not great.”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

K-BOB's is a relatively new restaurant in Portland. I've eaten there twice, once at lunch and once at dinner. As you would imagine based on the name, it's primarily focused on beef. That being said, it does offer salads from a good size build your own salad bar, chicken, and if I remember correctly, some fish. The food was decent, not bad, but not great either.

Since it's new, it looks clean and up scale.

Like many new restaurants, the wait staff were not very well trained. They certainly were not attentive. There were times when I had to go find someone when I was out of something. The problem stems from hiring someone without wait staff experience in the first place, and then not making sure the training focuses on the customer's needs.

I suspect whoever trained the wait staff was all about the restaurant's rules but completely lacking in customer attentiveness & needs.

Neither time I visited was it over crowed. I would probably go back for lunch to see if they have found out how to serve the customer better, but not for dinner until that's in place.

To me, it leaves the impression that controlling its cost comes first and customer service comes in second. It's not wacky expensive, but it's not cheap either.

• Visited July 2013
Rockport, Texas
“Another mediocre chain restaurant.”
Reviewed 8 April 2013

Perhaps a notch above Chili's but not by much. Waiter asked if we wanted bread with our meal. Said they didn't automatically bring bread as a lot of customers didn't eat bread and they were watching costs. That was obvious as I was served a steak that was a notch below select grade beef. Pretty sad.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank SlowTraveler42
Rockport
“Great Salad/Soup Bar.......”
Reviewed 22 February 2013

The best thiing I have found about K-Bobs is the newly improved Soup/Salad bar. It is very well done. I miss having a Filet Mignon on the menu. There is not one......yet?

Visited February 2013