“Sketchy motel”
Review of Budget Inn of Post

Budget Inn of Post
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Post
Budget Inn of Post
Ranked #2 of 2 Post B&B and Inns
Calgary, Canada
“Sketchy motel”
Reviewed 19 August 2012

This hotel is a bit sketchy from the mystery stains on the carpet, a bit of mold in the bathroom and a TINY bathroom. I will say they were very nice and gave us their last room, which is a double bed room, for the single rate of $71, but we have stayed in much nicer motels for a lot less. Apparently the local rig roughnecks stay here, so they can bump up the price as the guys don’t really care about the cost – they aren’t paying for it anyway.

It looks like they may be doing some upgrades – there is a new flat screen TV, with a reasonable selection of channels, and the WIFI is free. It looks like there are new baseboards and trim in the bathroom, rather poorly installed and not painted yet. Did I mention that the bathroom is TINY! It’s about the size of a half bath in your average house - you can’t have two people in the bathroom at the same time. The vanity does not even have enough room for a toiletries kit and the bathtub/shower seems somehow smaller than the average hotel tub/shower. They supply a disposable toothbrush, soap and one trial-sized package of shampoo. It was reasonably clean, except for the mystery stains on the very worn carpet, old scruffy furniture, and a small amount of mold in the bathroom corners and shower tiles. I wouldn’t go to the extreme of calling it filthy, but it really could have been cleaner.

It was very dark room with 2 double beds. They desperately need more light sources in the room. The sheets on the bed were pink! They looked like discount store sale sheets, but they were clean. I will say the beds were comfy and the pillows were nice and plump, but we had to sleep in separate beds – Patrick can’t fit his 6’4” frame in a double bed without sleeping diagonally – which doesn’t leave much room for me! It was surprisingly quiet. It’s off the highway, but I expected more noise from the roughnecks.

There is a small local restaurant just around the corner, but I didn’t see too much else in the neighborhood for eateries and I’m not sure what the hours were on the restaurant.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
texas
Reviewed 20 February 2012

after traveling threw Lubbock Tx on Feb 12. 2012 snow had already begin to fall it took me one and a half hours just to get to Post from lubbock usually a 30 minute drive. I saw so many accidents in that hour and a half I was a nervous wreck so I was going to find a room only place that had rooms left was the Budget Inn. I went in and got room for $69.00 The lady at the front desk said that she was giving me a discount ha I get the key and go to the room only to find it not very clean.turned on the heater which you had to leave the bathroom door shut bc if you opened it it would block the window unit which was ac and heat. After about an hour heater was not working 35 degrees outside I had it on high the whole time I called the front desk to let them know it wasn't working both husband and wife(owners) came to my room he unpluged it pluged it back up and put it on low and told me to leave it on low. I am thinking I paid for a room and you want to tell me to leave it on low. almost two hours go by and it is still cold in my room. I called the front desk and asked to please be moved to another room, she said come get a key and turn everything off in the room. I at this point am cold and tired and want to take a bath noticed in the first room it had no stopper for the tub so when I went to get the other key i asked for a stopper and was told by the man really rude WE DON'T HAVE STOPPERS FOR THE TUBS BECAUSE PEOPLE STEAL THEM. I had heard it all. I had to move 3 doors down to a nastier room if that is a word. coke and looked like ketchup smeared on the wall by the trash can. I guess the day they cleaned that room they were on a budget with the cleaning supplies. Never will I stay there again and will not recommmend it

Room Tip: no such thing
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends

Travellers are raving about these Post hotels

Midland, Texas
Reviewed 5 September 2011

It was what we could get, since the best western was booked up. The front desk lady was very nice and told us about a good restaurant next door which we enjoyed.

The room was cramped and a bit of a dump, though. The coffee maker was broken, wi fi wasn't working and the nearest plug to the desk was across the room by the doorway, which meant I had to block the doorway with my electric cord and unplug it to go in and out of the room. The air conditioner was slow to cool, took a few hours.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank halfiepint
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 31 August 2011

We were going to stay at the Best Western but they were booked. So we come to this little place and ended up staying with them for 69+ tax but every penny was worth it. I think the place got newly renovated with new mattress and flat screen TV. VERY CLEAN ROOMS. Management was very friendly and helpful. We will definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Nice clean rooms for their price.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Avat923
San Antonio, TX
Reviewed 26 June 2011

This is an ideal motel for the frugal traveler. For about $50, I got exactly what I need: a simple, clean room with a bed, TV, Wi-Fi, bathroom with soap, shampoo, and a toothbrush, chest-of-drawers, refrigerator, a modern A/C window unit that wasn't too noisy, and a place to hang up clothing. Everything was clean and, with the exception of the coffee maker, in good order. The owners are friendly and were willing to give detailed directions on which convenience store sells beer (Post is in a dry county). Next door to the motel is an old-fashioned barbecue place, complete with complimentary soft-serve ice cream. (Attention: the restaurant accepts cash only, but has an ATM machine.) A good sleep at a good price.

Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank Batavicus
san marcos tx
Reviewed 29 August 2010

As far as I am concerned, $62.15 is not a cheap price. I expect something nice for that amount of money. Our room was clean, but there was no hot water, the tv remote would not work and they did not speak enough English to even communicate with them. We were dead tired, on the way home from Co vacation, no news for a week, and could not change channel at all. The next morning plug for hair dryer was five feet away from lavatory which was not in the bath, but outside in the room! Bathroom door closed across plug. Entire place was a remodel done very poorly! Don't stay there.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
Las Cruces, NM
Reviewed 10 February 2010

I actually planned to stay at Best Western, but for some unknown reason- pulled in here instead. I am on the road 50 weeks a year, which puts me in a hotel 5 nights a week. I stay normally at hotels in the $89-$129 range. I am so glad I took the gamble! These folks are very consciencious hotel owners.
From the first appearance of the room (pretty, clean, well maintained), to the great night sleep on the comfy bed- it's a winner! When I complimented them, they even apologized for not offering breakfast and sent me next door for a $5 dollar breakfast at George's Restaurant- another win! Us road warriors are so sick of cold cereal, waffles, and hotel omeletts.
I am a tough customer, and I've never even written a review before in all my years of traveling, so this is a strong recommendation from someone that knows!

• Stayed February 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank RoadWarriorette
Also consider these accommodations in or near Post
Best Western Post Inn
Hotel Garza Bed and Breakfast
Knights Inn Slaton
Knights Inn Slaton
#2 of 2 in Slaton

Been to Budget Inn of Post? Share your experiences!