“Rude staff and didn't appear to care.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pottsboro
Lighthouse Resort and Marina
Bristow, Oklahoma
“Rude staff and didn't appear to care.”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

We have been going to the lighthouse for several years for our family reunion. Each year the cabins are less maintained and less stocked. Had a full size fridge to a small fridge. No longer have microwaves, but we kept going because we had "roots" there. At the end of our reunion last year, we all booked ahead for this year. When two of the families went to check in, they had rented their cabin to someone else, that couple left, after seeing the treatment our family member received. The cabin is empty, and yet they didn't want to rent to the original renter, they said they would let it set empty, and that's what happened. We usually rent 12 cabins which is a LOT of money. But we will not go back. Another family member had a terrible mouse problem! Won't be back!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank Lisa N

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I HAD a great time until the day after I left a 250.00 deep cleaning fee showed up on my bank account. No phone call, no email, nothing. I called and spoke to Beth who said the cleaning staff made notes that said they found cig butts and ashes in the cabin. I told her that was impossible. Then I sent an email and Crystal called me to say there were no ashes or butts but she definitely smelled cig smoke. I told her she was mistaken. I do not know if this is a scam or she thought she smelled cig smoke. I will never know. What I do know is that no one smoked in that cabin during the time my husband and I were in it. I have been here many times before and nothing like this ever happened. I cannot stress how upset I am over this whole experience. Crystal is dead wrong and I am being charged 250.00 for something that didn't happen. I am sending registered letters to their owner Cornerstone Marina Group and their registered agent that is an attorney. If necessary I will hire an attorney. They cannot take 250.00 from me because of someone's mistaken nose, at least not without a fight. I am unaccustomed to being treated like that because I don't treat others like that and try to abide by all rules. Unacceptable.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
9 Thank Christina B
Michael T, General Manager at Lighthouse Resort and Marina, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Hello Christina, I wanted to respond to your review and more specifically, your issue. I was made aware of the cabin being smoked in prior to hearing from you. We always discuss issues internally, especially ones that carry penalties or fines, before acting on them. We are always very hesitant to assess fees unless we feel like it is absolutely justified. With regards to smoking in a cabin, we have a strict no-smoking policy which is part of the agreement you signed with us when you check in to the cabin. Our smoking policy exists for the comfort of all of our guests, so we can guarantee a cabin that is smoke-free, especially those who may be sensitive or allergic to smoke. When a cabin is smoked in, we have to make sure it is sanitary for the next guests, and therefor requires deep cleaning, which includes replacing comforters, ionizing the air, and thoroughly cleaning all surfaces of a cabin. This takes time and a lot of time and resources on our part and this is why we have the deep-cleaning fee. I'm sorry that you are upset about the issue, but we are doing our best to make the resort a welcoming experience for all of our guests.

I hope this better helps you understand our actions and that you do give us the opportunity to earn your business again in the future. We value your feedback and we will always learn from a negative experience to better improve our processes and our facility. Thank you.

Travellers are raving about these Pottsboro hotels

Reviewed 21 April 2014

This was our first trip to the Lighthouse and we look forward to returning. We stayed in a small 1 bedroom, kitchenette & 1 bath cabin with a great view of the lake. The cabin was clean, furnished with basic essentials and our own grille. The overall facility was kept up (although doing renovations right now but not an issue) and the staff was very helpful and friendly. If you are looking for a typical "resort" feel with all the immenities and fluffy stuff, this is not for you. However if you want beautiful sunsets from your porch, quiet evenings by the grille and enjoy fishing off the dock then this is the place to be. Grocery store is only 10 minutes away in case you forget something and if you want an awesome striper guide, call Capt. Steve Barnes! They also post quiet hours, which is very nice and makes this trip enjoyable.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Euless, Texas
Reviewed 25 March 2014

We stayed in Mt's place which is right on the water but also furthest from the office - which I liked. It was exactly what I expected if not a bit more. Plenty of space inside and outside on the two decks. It was stocked with enough linens for the four of us that stayed. There was a gas grill outside that worked great. We were in walking distance to the water so we didn't need to rent a slip and just pulled the boat up on the water. We made a large fire outside at night and had a great time. The only negative I would add is, and is interestingly enough mentioned in another post on here, that there was a group of guys in big diesel trucks and pit bikes(mini dirt bikes) riding around the park pretty late. Had my two year old been there I would have made a scene, but he was't. It was just my oldest boy, my father and brother in law so, we just brushed it off. All in all this is a decent place with fair prices. I would highly recommend it.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Oak Point
Reviewed 10 November 2013

Thought to stay close by to camp. Its late autumn so no crowds. What I didn't count on was the 2 campers full of over grown children using a bachelor party to act like idiots. Quiet time is 11pm. You had to sign the agreement stating you will be kicked out if you break that rule. Its 11:30 Saturday night, the "children" start their trucks and open the windows and blare music. Then they start their dirt bikes and proceed to drive down to the beach and round and round the campsites. Thinks quiet down about an hour later. We go back to sleep. at 2:30am they start their stuff again. Louder and add drunk laughter and hoots and hollering. I finally had enough and go out to ask them to keep it down. they yell at me and get louder for another 30 mins then they pass out. Called the office to have this situation taken care of.
Saturday morning.....management calls and says they are so sorry. They will take care of it. they didn't. Saturday night they start again. Sunday morning the management calls to say that they will be banned from ever coming back. that doesn't help. No one patrolled the park the two nights this was going on despite management stating they patrol the park every hour. I will NEVER stay here again. I would rather go to Oklahoma and stay there.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
9 Thank 786angelar
Michael T, General Manager at Lighthouse Resort and Marina, responded to this review, 13 November 2013
Hi Angela, I'm the G.M. of Lighthouse and was aware of your issues during your stay. The other 'problem group' was a nuisance, and we are sorry about that. They have been long-time customers and we haven't ever had issues in the past. That being said, I am embarrassed by your experience and want you to know that this is the exception not the norm at Lighthouse.

We strive to maintain our family-friendly atmosphere and enforce our quite hours on a regular basis. Our staff did patrol on the 2nd night (security was off the Friday). I made a trip through the property at 1:30am and spoke at length with the other group and made it clear that their behavior was unacceptable, won't be tolerated and would ultimately cost me a customer. Even though they painted a very different picture of the situation, I have no doubt that there were issues.

I understand that I may never get the opportunity to earn your business again. We are truly sorry about your stay with us and we will use this as a hard learning experience to better serve our future guests.
Bentonville, Arkansas
Reviewed 27 July 2013

We visited Lighthouse Resort and stayed in 'Smokey's Place' a 2 bedroom, 2 bath cabin. Note their cabins are really trailers but their website doesn't shy away from that and provides pictures. Our cabin was clean, it did have a little musky smell I think coming from the air conditioner units. This cabin is great if you want lake side view it has a large wooden front porch great for morning coffee or late night socials overlooking the water. Cabin came with plates/glasses/silverwear, bed linens, and towels. I did bring extra hand towels, kitchen towels, and bath towels just in case. I'm glad I did as their bath towels were small and very thin. I also needed more kitchen towels than what they provided so glad I brought these too. They don't provide an ice maker in the frig/freezer so bring a bag of ice with you. They don't provide grilling accessories with the charcoal grill so remember this if you want to grill. Overall for the price I can't complain, there was enough room for 4 adults. Master had a king bed with bath & shower. 2nd bedrm came with 2 twins and bath & shower. Resort doesn't have a pool but of course has the lake right in front of your cabin. There is a small playground for kids close by. Overall good value and I would say the property is average to good. It isn't a 4 or 5 star property with actual wooden cabins but still clean nice property overlooking the water for a reasonable price!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Cassbella
Frisco, Texas
Reviewed 28 May 2013

We took a family trip for Memorial weekend. Reservations were made by a friend and it was our first time visiting so I wasn't sure what to expect. Upon arrival I was pleasantly surprised. We had a real cabin. We stayed in "Hulio" #14. It was a 2 bedroom, 1 bath. It was perfect for our family of 5 (2 adults, 3 kids). My husband and I used the full size bed, 2 kids used the bedroom which had 2 twin beds and our 3rd child used the fold out twin in the living room. My favorite part was the full kitchen. Completely stocked with fridge, stove/oven, microwave and sink. Everything was provided: plates, bowls, cups, utensils, pots, pans, pot holders, dish towels, dish soap, sponge. It also had table and 4 chairs for dining. The bathroom was clean and it came with plenty of towels. The AC worked fine, sometimes it got too chilly and I had to turn in up a bit. The TV has cable with plenty of channels. It also has a covered porch with table and chairs. The location of our cabin was little ways from the lake but not a bad walk at all. The park was very clean and surrounded by large trees. All park staff was friendly and it was very family oriented. The park has boat ramp. There is also a sandy beach area for laying out and swimming. We had a great time. The only small issue we had was our cabin keys were kind of tricky sometimes and didn’t unlock the door on the first try. So we had to try a couple times and then it would open.
This cabin is not lake front. It faces the road but it’s quiet and very cozy. We will definitely go back. If you are used to primitive spots, tent sites or shelter cabins with community bathrooms like what we were used to then this place is like a luxury suite!

Room Tip: If you are looking for Lake front or a view of the lake make sure you ask for that.