“Disappointed-Double Wide trailer/cabin”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Pottsboro
Flowing Wells Resort
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Pottsboro
New Braunfels
“Disappointed-Double Wide trailer/cabin”
Reviewed 22 August 2013

We arrived at the Flowing Wells Resort at 4pm to check in. The check in time was noted as 4pm numerous times on their web site and contract. The desk clerk indicated it was not ready, they were making the beds. I inicated that I needed to put groceries in the frig so they would not spoil. She gave me the keys but said she would call me when it was ready, no customer service!
My main issue was that all the website photos do not show that it is a double wide trailer. I was expecting a lake side cabin, not a trailer. The double wide was dated but clean. The resort area was full of trailers which many were not well maintained. I would not recommend the resort.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank vonfelts
Flowing W, Owner at Flowing Wells Resort, responded to this review, 27 August 2013
Our "Hidden Cove" custom-built, lakefront, very private, 4 bedroom-2 bath manufactured home with fireplace sleeps 10 guests and is one of the resort's 17 all-lakefront accommodations. Hidden Cove has richly-painted drywall interior (as shown in photos on our website), is decorated in a warm "lodge style" look and is not advertised as being a "cabin".

Every accommodation is uniquely built and the materials and architectural styles vary from a 2nd-floor, quaint cottage unit to all-wood interior loft cottages in our beautiful, gated "Sunset Village" section of the 300-acre resort. We do not offer guest accommodations in "trailer homes".

The resort also offers 35 privately-owned "Marina Village Vacation Homes" within the dedicated mobile home village near our 210-slip marina. Vacation home owners from the Dallas metro-plex enjoy their private homes year-round and are not permitted to sublet them, nor are these homes ever offered as overnight guest accommodations by the resort.
Please see our website for homes that may be available for purchase at this time.

Finally, Flowing Wells newest offering is our lovely "Harbor Village", which is made up of owner-occupied 3 bedroom-2 bath FLOATING HOMES that can also be viewed on our website. In addition, our staff will be happy to give you a personal tour of the on-site, decorated model.

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 27 July 2013

Looked over their web site and made reservations months ahead for our two families. When I received the confirmation notice, in bold letters: NO PETS Allowed! I immediately wrote an email to see if they would allow me to bring my small dog with us as she travels everywhere with us and even offered to pay extra. Answer: Absolutely No Pets! I told them that I did not find a disclaimer, but later did, buried at the bottom of the cabin price range. Then I saw that they will charge a cancellation fee if cancel 8 days or longer before the reservation date! What a criminal act. I cancelled within 3 business days and they refused to refund my entire deposit! Stay away from this place. I can see if cancelled within a 10 day reservation, but months?

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
7 Thank e c
Dallas
Reviewed 13 April 2012

We stayed up there during the winter. There wasn't anyone else staying in the cabins at that time...but I can imagine that if they were full, it might not be *as* relaxing. They are very close together. You can see some amazing stars, though and the accommodations were very nice. The cabin we rented was small but just fine for the two of us. I will say, though, that we were under the impression the cabin had a hot tub (maybe it said "jacuzzi") but they actually were referring to an indoor, jetted bathtub. I still enjoyed it, but was disappointed there wasn't a hot tub.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JessicaS P
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed 15 August 2010

My husband, 2 children (9&10), and myself stayed for a week. IT WAS GREAT! The property itself was clean, and well cared for. The location was PERFECT! We had a lakefront cabin, 2 bd/ 2 ba, with a loft, and large covered deck. It was so close to the lake, when you looked out all you can see is water. When you sit on the deck all you see is water.
It was so private our family named the close swimming beach, as our own personal cove. Our kids love nature. They collected shells on the beach. We had a boat, from another marina, that they allowed us to beach in our cove. We fished and grilled out. We swam, and went boating. We had a fire in the out door fire pit, and had smores. We did give our kids limits, and supervised them. But, it was meant to be a family vacation with us spending time together. There is 4 tvs in this unit! 1 in the living area, 1 in each bedroom, and 1 in the loft. (Stairs to loft are quite steep. Kids loved it....like indoor tree house.) We did allow kids a couple hours of tv, 1 afternoon, after we returned the boat. Mostly because of the heat.

Things I would have done differently....taken more folding outdoor chairs , to take to beach, for fishing, etc. And, we have walkie-talkies, I would have taken to allow kids to take one, while we had the other.

Only problem with the week, the heat. Obviously, not the resort's responsibility.

Looking forward to being able to stay there again.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
5 Thank suzmorris
Dallas
Reviewed 26 January 2008

We did not stay at this property, but I feel this important enough to write a review regarding my experience. I am looking for cabins to host our family reunion this summer. I sent a detailed email to Flowing Wells a month ago and left a msg on their answering machine regarding my family reunion. No one responded to my email or phone msg. I gave them the benefit of the doubt since it is off season. I called again and spoke directly to a lady to check availability and again, I told her that I was seeking a place for a family reunion. To ensure that the place will meet our needs, I called to make sure someone would be there to allow us to view cabins (again, I mentioned the family reunion). We drove 2 hours one way to learn upon arrival that they don't do family reunions! Good lord, why do they not post this on their website or respond to emails or phone messages to indicate the same? I have no issue w/their rules, but I feel their customer service, even for non family reunions is likely lacking!

Stayed January 2008, travelled with family
8 Thank rockwalltexaslady
texas
Reviewed 28 July 2006

This is not a place to go if you have teenage children. Should be an adults only resort. If you have a child that only wants to go to the lake and stay inside and play video games it might work. They really don't want children outside doing anything. I would not recommend this place for a family vacation. It is a constant
don't do this and don't go there.

Stayed June 2006
10 Thank great-grandmother
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pottsboro
Tanglewood Resort and Conference Center
#1 of 2 in Pottsboro
Lake Texoma RV Campground
Lake Texoma RV Campground
#1 of 6 in Gordonville

Been to Flowing Wells Resort? Share your experiences!