“Relaxing Stay”

Tanglewood Resort and Conference Center
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Pottsboro
Reviewed 12 August 2013

My wife and I recently had a weekend get away at the Tanglewood Resort on Lake Texoma. The room was large, clean and had a great view of the lake. Although there was some minor service issues at Barnacles Sports Bar and the Tower Lounge, the food was great and the drinks were reasonably priced. My wife also thoroughly enjoyed a spa treatment on Saturday afternoon. Overall, it was an excellent weekend away and we will definitely return.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ryan C
Monica W, Guest Relations Manager at Tanglewood Resort and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2013

Thanks for the great feedback Ryan. We're very pleased that you and your wife had a nice visit. We value all feedback and always strive to make every visit a positive experience. Thanks again and we'll see you next time.

Reviewed 12 August 2013

I would like to offer my review of Tanglewood Resort in Pottsboro, Tx. My main purpose of the stay was to get some needed rest and relaxation couples with a whole bunch golf . I stayed in a Villa room which I found to be clean, quiet and adequately stocked with things needed on a daily basis. I ate in the main dining room 5 times and was never disappointed. I'm a big eater so the breakfast buffets I found to be a value and fulfilling. The dinners are fairly priced for the type of food offered. Both of my dinner meals had filet mignon in it and were tremendous. I had the pizza in Barnacles one night and it was very good.
The Golf was excellent and was surprised to see the Golf course in such great shape in August. The greens were in excellent shape as were the fairways.

I can't wait to return to this Resort. It was a great value for the money.

Room Tip: I have to recommend the Villas since it's the only room I stayed in
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 31 July 2013

I wanted to take my husband to a stay and play golf resort. I had searched several places that offered this service. Tanglewood was close to us for a short drive. I had spoke to Monica several times to get all that we wanted. She was very nice and worked with me thru phone calls and email to help make our time there enjoyable, and she did. We are now planning another trip to take our grandchildren for a short mini vacation. I know they will enjoy all that is offered. I have to say the food is awesome, the hotel is clean and all the staff was very helpful. We are looking forward to the day spa, golf and a river cruise this outing. I know the kids will have a blast in the pool and the play area offered. Our experience at Tanglewood was fun, hope yours is too.

Room Tip: The first time we stayed at Tanglewood we were in the hotel, this time we are staying in one of the...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 July 2013

We were blessed to celebrate our 19th wedding anniversary, and decided to take a quick trip together to Lake Texhoma. We enjoyed our visit very much. We stayed in the tower and our room was lovely. There was plenty of space and it was clean and well maintained. We enjoyed time hanging out together at the pools during the day and then had dinner and drinks at the club and in the dining room. Both the food and service were excellent. All the staff members that we encountered were well trained, friendly and helpful. On our last day my husband surprised me with a trip to the Tranquility Spa, where I enjoyed a very relaxing massage. We enjoyed our trip so much, we decided to return in August and bring our kids too. Thank you, Tanglewood Staff and Management, for a really nice experience that is close to home!

Room Tip: We were in the tower....7th floor. It had beautiful views of the pool area, the lake, and the marin...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Terrie H
Reviewed 25 July 2013

We had a great time. I know our event caused some concerns for your other guests, but I think your staff handled the event really well. Some of the staff even got into the festivities themselves. We know how to have a good time and throw a party and appreciate your staff's work to make sure this was one of the more memorable events for us. The conference center was great, comfortable, and met all the needs for our yearly business meeting. This definitely a place I would return for business or pleasure.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 July 2013

First of all the water was brown, main light was burned out, no room refrigerators, a wasp in our room.... If you enjoy staying @Motel 6, this is the resort for you!!! Boo, that I have to waste my money on this!

• Stayed: July 2013
3  Thank cjt321
Reviewed 19 July 2013

Our family visited a couple weeks back and were not impressed. This place has horrible management, and treats their employees terribly. The poor kids are working their buts off and we witnessed them being talked down upon like they were trash by one of the female managers. The place was extremely out dated, there was spiderwebs lining every hallway, and our food was never served in less than an hour of waiting. We felt bad for the servers we had because they were extremely polite and helpful but they had no control over the kitchen and the poor customer service given by the front desk and other aspects of the hotel. One server, Bethany, went above and beyond to help us even past what her job duties included, but It was sad to us that she was having to make up for other people's Inability to do their own jobs. The place needs cleaning up, and perhaps new management and adding a few amenities wouldn't hurt them either. We will not be coming back, and next time we will definitely go somewhere worth while.

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank JeremyRX
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pottsboro
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Denison
HighPort Inn
#4 of 4 in Pottsboro
8 mi away
La Quinta Inn & Suites Denison - North Lake Texoma

Been to Tanglewood Resort and Conference Center? Share your experiences!