We booked a room at the last minute for a little getaway at the end of summer.
We were very pleasantly surprised at the nice experience we had. This resort has been there for a long time and has had it's ups and downs. It is a beautiful area and we are frequent visitors to this lake as we keep our boat at this lake. It has been many years since we have been to Tanglewood for an overnight stay. The rooms are comfortable, large enough and the bathroom is nice enough. Bed was comfortable and AC excellent.
We spent one day at the pool and it is a pretty nice pool. I believe the water is chilled, the temperature of the pool was very refreshing and typically in Texas by the end of summer most swimming pools feel like bath water. There is a very nice outdoor deck to have lunch, drinks etc that is connected to a very nice sports bar. The only thing that would have been nice is if there had been wait service at the pool. We were there after Labor Day and perhaps during the more peak times they might. It was no big deal to us though to go to the bar and get a drink. We did not eat at the restaurant in the evening, we went into town to eat but in retrospect, wish we had tried it. We did have a great breakfast the next morning in the dining room. Nice wait staff and the food was very good and very reasonable.
We will go back! It is a local enough to Dallas to be a weekend getaway without driving a long distance. I read several negative reviews about being a Resort but seriously... do people expect the Four Seasons or the "W" at a lake area. It was a great, close and very reasonable place and we wish we had utilized it earlier in the season. There are also condo's that can be rented for families or larger groups that are available. It is a great lake view also!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on Lake Texoma, Tanglewood Resort offers accommodations, a wide variety of exciting activities, excellent meeting facilities and an experienced, qualified staff sure to make your stay memorable. From excellent dishes from our Commodore Dining Room to a casual pool-side experience at Skooners Vacation Bar & Grill, Tanglewood Resort offers a wide range of resort amenities: Relax at one of our 3 pools or hot tub. Enjoy volleyball, basketball, horseshoes, or a tennis or pickleball match at one of our tennis courts, or sit back and relax.Located just north of Dallas/Ft. Worth and a short drive from Oklahoma, Tanglewood Resort provides the perfect setting for both personal relaxation and business retreats. The Tanglewood Hotel features 120 spacious and beautifully appointed guest rooms. Looking for accommodations that are more spacious for the family and family pet? Our 126 beautiful villa rooms will not disappoint with options from 350-1400 sq feet of space. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your Tanglewood Resort and Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tanglewood Resort Hotel Pottsboro
- Tanglewood Hotel Pottsboro