“Bad Stay” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Pottsboro
Whitesboro, Texas
“Bad Stay”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

I was not given a lake side room like it said on my itinrerary and the view I had was of a dead potted plant and the cable was not working and curtain was off the rod. I complained at front desk was told I was wrong on my room and the cable would be repaired and housekeeping would be up to fix problem 4 hrs later I returned with my Expedia Itinerary proved I did have a lake view room and the one they put me in was a little better but was of propane tanks. I was not happy with this resort.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Vickie H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Galveston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

This was a great place for our family reunion! everything we needed was so close -tennis courts, swimming, golf course, restaurant,etc.
The restaurant could not have been more friendly and accommodating. We will definitely be back again. The villas were so nice and had everything we wanted!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
TanglewoodResort, Guest Relations Manager at Tanglewood Resort and Conference Center, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Hi Dena,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review! We are so glad that you and your family enjoyed your stay. We look forward to seeing you again!
Colleyville, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

I found this resort through groupon. The lady I chatted with so sweet and helpful and even helped with price. Thank you Monica Wolf loved chatting with you and booking the trip through you. The first thing my kids did was get into the jaccuzi lol, we stayed in the villa. Lots of room and had all the amenities I needed if I wanted to cook and do laundry etc. I found the place to be very relaxing. We did the horse trail with the kids. Super sweet people there. I also had a morning at the spa and just came out of there with a big smile on my face and super relaxed. Again the gals were super sweet. The kids did a boat trip on one eve for a couple of hours. I think if we get to go again we need to check out what to do in advance.. I think there is alot to do just need to read up a bit more on it . Breakfast morning I loved. Food great and just again sweet people.. thank you

Room Tip: we had the villa near the front desk or entrance. I loved being near the pool and work out room
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
TanglewoodResort, General Manager at Tanglewood Resort and Conference Center, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Hi Justine,

We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay, the food and even the horse trail! Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We sincerely hope that you and your family will return for another relaxing vacation!
Argyle, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

We went to this hotel over the 4th of July and had the best time. There is so much to do. If you plan to boat or have a boat of your own, this was by far the best place we have stayed by Lake Texoma ever. Even if you don't boat, the pool and the grounds provide many fun activities. The hotel itself had a great outdoor area, and our kids had non stop fun. We met so many wonderful people and the staff was extremely courteous and accommodating. This will be our Texoma hotel for sure.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
TanglewoodResort, Guest Relations Manager at Tanglewood Resort and Conference Center, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Hi Missy.

I'm happy to hear you and your family had a great time. Thank you for your review and we look taking care of you next time. Have a wonderful day!
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014

The hotel is older and had an old smell to it. Our room was neat and clean, nothing special about it. We did not have a lake view but we had used a Groupon so I wasn't expecting to have a view. I have no complaint about the pool or Barnacles, except that the selection of food was limited there, and on the lake in general. We were arrived Sunday evening and stayed until Tuesday and most restaurants are closed then. The breakfast buffet was nice and everyone was nice. The sunset from the tower is fabulous. My only complaint was that I paid for everything in advance and when we went to check out they said we owed almost $20 for a "Resort Fee". I realize that hotels charge taxes and fees on things, but it should have been a part of the price to begin with. It seems a bit dishonest to me.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Peg H
TanglewoodResort, Guest Relations Manager at Tanglewood Resort and Conference Center, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Dear Peg H,

Thank you very much for your review in reference to Tanglewood Resort and Conference Center! Your satisfaction is very important to us and we appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your experience.

With the Groupon that you had purchased, under the section titled "Policies and Fees," there is a notice that the additional fee is a 10% resort fee that is paid at check-in. Hope this clears up any confusion that may have been had.

Again, thank you for your review.

Monica Wolf
Front Desk Manager
Tanglewood Resort and Conference Center
1-800-833-6569 ext: 2609
mwolf@tanglewoodresort.com
Denison, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

I wanted to single out Monica Wolf with Tanglewood Resort for always being SO helpful with all of our reservation questions and inquiries. We book with her every time we stay and I have referred family to her every time. She is our go-to girl! The restaurant & pool area are both main attractions during the summer for us! Ask for Monica when you call to make reservations or have questions about anything!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Ashley B
Hello Ashley.

I just wanted to thank you for your review and taking the time to write it. We appreciate the kudos and accolades. We all look forward to seeing you again on your next visit.

Monica
OK
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

One pillow per person is standard. Really? I shouldn't have to request more. Barnacles was awful. Waited over an hour for our food- yes they were busy, but we were the FOURTH table occupied! My son waited 10 minutes longer than the rest of us for his food, and only got it because I went to the kitchen door and pointed out it was sitting in the window.
I actually saw a waitress pick up the bun off of a sandwich to identify what kind it was before giving it to a customer- With the same bare hands she had just moments before bussed a dirty table with!!
Pool violated safety codes- no lights in/on the water at night and they still had it open for use. This was brought to the staff's attention- who didn't seem to care that it was a safety issue or a lawsuit waiting to happen.
Daytime pool use was pleasant, until a huge group of camp kids overtook the area.
Horseback riding suggested by the hotel was awful. The poor horses were not well cared for. Poor things had terrible raw spots on their skin and splitting hooves.
Rooms were stuffy and musty. Sometimes a fresh coat of paint just isn't quite enough.

• Stayed June 2014
4 Thank MoJoRising70

Travellers are raving about these Pottsboro hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Pottsboro
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Denison
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Durant
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Denison North
Hampton Inn and Suites - Durant
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sherman Highway 75

Been to Tanglewood Resort and Conference Center? Share your experiences!