I would not call this a 'resort' but a 'lodge' aimed for DFW residents looking for a quick get away. Yes, there is a spa on the property (I guess it is about 1/2 - 1 mile away from the main complex) and a golf course on the property (I guess it is about 1/2 - 1 mile away from the main complex) but other than that, I consider this is a hotel/lodge with some 'villa's'/condos (I did not see the inside of the villas/condos). Yes, as other reviews state, I too think the carpet is old and yes, I too think the furnishings are outdated and yes, I too smelled a weird musty smell in the hotel guest room when I first opened the door each time....but, I think this is an old hotel/lodge and in my opinion is not a place for someone looking for what I would call a 'real resort.' I think the pools (3 ones on different levels with different water depths) are small but based on what I saw they are loved by kids and I think a nice place for adults to sit on the pool edge and to dangle their feet in the cool water. I did not see any pool personnel to get guests drinks/food orders but the bar/grill is right off the pool area and I saw guests going back and forth from the pool to the bar/grill for food and drinks. At the pool there were umbrellas but only for the pool side tables. I found the pool side chaises to be 'cheap' and not comfortable. And, I wish the pool hours would be longer than 10am to 10pm. But even with all of my experiences/observations noted above, I actually liked my 2 night-stay here. (I went on an Amazon deal - $145 for 2 nights - so my expectations were low. I had to press the hotel to let me use the coupon on a Saturday-Monday stay. They tried to tell me they were sold out when I knew online they showed room availability. So, after standing firm, the manager suddenly had a cancellation when I was on the phone pressing my point and I got my desired Saturday-Monday stay.) I found this to be a place that was laid back and casual and that had a great breakfast buffet in the Dining Room. Based on my experience, weekdays appeared to be more for the mid-aged couples just looking for a get-away while weekends appeared to be for the bachelor parties and families with young kids. For me, most of the staff were not real guest-oriented. And I felt that the reception desk was anything but friendly to me and that the young woman (H) who ended up assigning me my room was pouty and rude to me. (My room was not ready at 3pm so I had to wait 1 hour and my room was still not ready at the check-in time of 4pm but H gave me another one on a lower floor.) I felt like she didn't want to be there...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to the tranquil Texas setting of Tanglewood Resort. Situated on Lake Texoma, Tanglewood Resort offers the finest accommodations, a wide variety of exciting activities, excellent meeting facilities and an experienced, qualified staff sure to make your stay memorable. From excellent dishes from our Commodore Dining Room to a casual pool-side experience at Skooners Vacation Bar & Grill, Tanglewood Resort offers a wide range of resort amenities: Relax at one of our 3 pools or hot tub. Enjoy volleyball, basketball, horseshoes, or a tennis or pickleball match at one of our tennis courts, or sit back and relax.Located just north of Dallas/Ft. Worth and a short drive from Oklahoma, Tanglewood Resort provides the perfect setting for both personal relaxation and business retreats. The Tanglewood Hotel features 120 spacious and beautifully appointed guest rooms. Looking for accommodations that are more spacious for the family and family pet? Our 126 beautiful villa rooms will not disappoint with options from 350-1400 sq feet of space. In addition, the hotel is home to the reception and registration area, state-of-the-art meeting space, poolside lounge, gift shop, pool hall, and Nautilus Fitness Center. Built to overlook the Conference Center, many of the rooms feature breathtaking views of Lake Texoma. The two buildings are adjoined by an enclosed 30-foot skyway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Agoda, Booking.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Tanglewood Resort and Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tanglewood Resort Hotel Pottsboro
- Tanglewood Hotel Pottsboro