“Terrible host. Enters room to check room use and condition multiple times during day when gone.”
Review of Towner Motel

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Quitman
Towner Motel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Quitman
Texas
Reviewed 6 October 2012 via mobile

We are very clean, quiet guests. The woman is very cordial and helpful. Room is clean and a good value and perfect location to the job I was working on. Came to room for lunch and was confronted by rude male host upon return. Asked us not to sit or sleep on comforters since he noticed the beds were messed up where we sat down. I have spent over $1000 there in the past month and feel violated that he enters room at random to check on room condition. He threatened not to assign me a nicer room in front in future. Maybe he should worry about the other patrons cooking in parking lot on hot plates with many people jammed in a room. Will look for a different place on next trip. Very disappointing.

• Stayed September 2012
9 Thank Sabletoo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Texas City, Texas
Reviewed 5 August 2012

I do not recommend this place. The WIFI did not work, the room smelled bad, the bed was uncomfortable, and the customer service was horrible. With all things combined I decided to check out and be on my way, and was met with a very harsh attitude. As I was leaving the wife of the owner was standing in the doorway glaring at me muttering in a foreign language.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
7 Thank kevindickerson88

Travellers are raving about these Quitman hotels

Houston, Texas
Reviewed 27 April 2012

Stayed 4/23-4/25/2012
Nice clean "Mom and Pop" motel. Courteous staff, room service every day, clean towels, make bed. New sheets every other day. Remote control AC wall unit does a great job. Separate electric wall heater (did not need to use). Big parking lot for trailer and rigs. Front door parking ground floor. Bed was very firm (my only gripe). WiFi provided and had a good signal. Building is older but in great shape
I'd stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank RanLove
Monroe, Louisiana
Reviewed 16 September 2011

Stayed at this hotel because as there weren't many choices and we had car trouble. Just hoping for something clean with a comfortable bed. Room had a bad odor. Bed was uncomfortable. I tried to use my credit card to pay for the room, and was asked to fill out a form that included all the information on my credit card. When I refused, the clerk got a little irate. I paid cash for the room and she couldn't make change for a large bill. I had to walk down the block late to get change from the convenience store.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank John M
globeseeker007
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,144 helpful votes
Reviewed 15 May 2011

The last time we visited Quitman was about a year and a half ago. At that time we stayed in this hotel. Quite frankly, one doesn't have many choices in Quitman as one has entered a town which could have been the setting for The Last Picture Show. This hotel has deteriorated somewhat during our last visit. The room had a bad odor about it and looked quite shabby. We called the office and asked for the password, which was the phone number of the hotel, in order to connect to wifi with our laptop. When we couldn't connect, we contacted the office and the woman who answered told us that she didn't know anything about computers. Mineola, which is a few miles down the road, has more choices. It's better to drive there than to stay in this motel in the twilight zone.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank globeseeker007
Cartago
Reviewed 6 April 2011

I have stayed here twice in 2011, both times on business. and will continue using it. The management is very accommodating, the rooms are clean and the beds comfortable.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank HDCartago
globeseeker007
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,144 helpful votes
Reviewed 7 October 2009

There are not many choices for motels or places to stay in the small town of Quitman. If you're looking for a chain motel or B&B, then go south ten miles to Mineola. However, if you do stay in Quitman, give this motel a try. It's in the downtown area and is a bargain at $53 a night for a double including tax. Our room was large, clean, had a king size bed, and a small sofa with a coffee table. It also had a small refrigerator and a microwave as well as free wifi. Each room has an individual AC unit and the TV is either satellite or cable as it received quite a few channels. It's probably the best deal that you will get in Quitman.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank globeseeker007
Also consider these accommodations in or near Quitman
Best Western Mineola Inn
Lake Fork Marina & Motel
15 Acres Retreat
15 Acres Retreat
#1 of 3 in Quitman

Been to Towner Motel? Share your experiences!