“Feels Like home!”

Ranked #10 of 17 Hotels in Richardson
Pune, India
“Feels Like home!”
Reviewed 18 June 2011

This was the first time I ever travelled out of my country, without friends /family so was hoping I would get a good place to stay which wouldn't make me miss home too much.

My company put me up at Residence Inn Dallas Richardson for a duration of 1 month. This is a long time to be staying at at hotel. However, the accomodation at Residence Inn Dallas Richardson was way above my expectations. The suite are well equiped with all you need in a home like atmosphere. The hotel serves a decent american breakfast each day and some evening snacks too to the inhouse guests. Though by the end of the trip I was craving for some good Indian food :) It is definately not bad though. The hotel had a reletively small gym but served the purpose of fitness and a nice swimming pool too. Overall, a very Cozy, home like place to stay at.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
India
Reviewed 5 November 2010

As similar to my other business trips, my company booked this hotel for me and my other collegues recommended me too since it is nearby office area.
This was my first trip to US for business meeting. It was a long journey for me around 32 hours (from my home Pune, India). I reached to hotel in evening around 5.30 PM, during the check in I come to know there is no single room available so the receptionist offered me double room with the same charge for 1 day and told me will shift my stuff to single room on next day, also he suggested to contact reception in the morning as on arrival my AMEX car did not work so next day after solving the card issue I had to swipe it again. After going into room I was too tired so sleep soon
Rooms:
Room was quite good, big LCD TV, Free Internet but speed is not so good, fridge, Hot Plate, Microwave, Toaster, Coffee Maker, Dish Washer , bathtub & shower and Kingsize bed, etc.

Breakfast:
I was too hungry in the morning so went to do breakfast. It was standard American breakfast and in my whole stay I dont see there are any changes in it. The options are not too much so personally I did not like the breakfast much here. Even comparing with other Mariott hotels the breakfast is OK.

Reception Service:
As asked to contact reception on next day, I went over and told I had been told during check-in that I will be shifted to another single room but the receptionist(another one) in morning told me they dont have single room available and will charge $200 from $79 even though I had a confirmed booking for around month. I had asked her to change the charge to $200 for that day and after confirmation from company will decide to continue with Mariott or not. In the evening after returning into Hotel, the person who was present during the checkin told me that my stuff is shifted into another single room. So this seems to be some kind of mis communication between the staff.

Evening Snacks:
Monday to Thursday you can enjoy the snacks in hotel for free of cost between 5.30 to 7.30. Note that there is no resturant service in hotel so will not get lunch or dinner in hotel and have to arrange it yourself.

Other Services
Internet:
Wi-fi is available at free of cost in lobby area, in rooms you will get wired connection. Internet speed is too slow.
Shuttle Service:
Shuttle service is available in the morning and evening for pick-up and drop to office on prior booking.
Recreational Activities:
Gym, Swimming Pool, Tennis play ground are available at free of cost.
Laundry:
The washing machine and dryer are available where you can put all your clother for wash in just $2 (+ $2 for the washing powder and scented powder) .

Other important things
The hotel is on walkable distance from AT&T, Metro PCS, Verizon, Nortel Network, Cisco Network, Samsung Mobiles, Bank of America, etc.

Hotel is close to Galatyn park railway station where you can get $4 local full day pass which can be used for all the Metros and DART buses.

There are no markets on walkable distance so you need to call taxi (you can search for Yellow Cab) as near to Hotel there are no cabs available.

In all enjoyed my trip.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank mgp_31
RAJTH85
Reviewed 6 May 2010

Liked the place. Enjoyed the first evey snowfall there of my life. So it will be in my memories for long. Good hotel to stay. Spacious rooms and good service

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business
Champaign, Illinois
Reviewed 18 March 2010

i stayed this hotel for a month and was extremely satisfied with the services. The room was big enough for two. there are happy hours from monday to thursday. although i missed the wi-fi services but the rooms were provided with cable internet though speed was slow sometimes. walking distance to local train station. overall much better than the near by courtyard hotel. when i was there, the snow fall made the hotel stay even more pleasant.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled on business
Dallas
Reviewed 2 August 2009

It was a terrible experience with Residence inn, Richardson..My room had water leak in the bathroom and was making sound all of my stay.....I called front desk many times but nobody cared...specially there is a lady Sherlin at front desk....I have never seen such a rude lady in my life.....she was just simply terrible...she knows how ruin some one's vacation....

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
Hudson Valley
Reviewed 25 September 2008

Stayed here for 2 weeks on a business trip. Took a 3rd / top floor suite. It is located in a corporate park area, so it's quiet at night. Only other hotel was the (typically) Courtyard next door.

The room was always very clean. The internet connection was good. As far as equipment, microwave broke during my stay, but was replaced by the time I returned that evening with a brand new one. I asked for a new iron as the one I had was spittig out mineral deposits. The Desk had a new one up to me room in 10 minutes.

The breakfasts were always hot and fresh.. with a complete assortment of items.

It was easy access to a many of the corporations in the area. Restaurants are within a few miles, none walking distance.

I must also compliment the staff & management. My stay started a few days before Hurricane Ike hit the Texas Gulf Coast. The hotel was booked solid with evacuees for over a week. The staff handled everything without missing a beat in service or quality despite the trying times.

• Stayed September 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
texas
Reviewed 8 September 2008

My wife and I needed a place to stay for 2 nights when we visited our 2 grandchildren. We needed a place that would accomodate us all so our grandchildren could spend the night with us.We reserved a 2 bedroom which was ideal. Check-in was very easy and the staff is very friendly and professional. Each room had a queen bed and the livingroom couch pulled out into a bed. The kitchen was the perfect size. One thing I loved was the full-size coffee pot rather than the small 2 cup ones usually in the rooms. The hotel is very clean. The pool is outdoors and although there were leaves in the pool it was clean. This hotel is several blocks off all the main roads so there is absolutly no highway noise at all. I loved this place and we will stay there eveytime we visit.

• Liked — no road noise. Very comfprtable. 3 Tv's so there is no TV competition!
  • Disliked — Very few tv channels to choose from. There was only 1 channel geared for the grandkids.
  • Stayed September 2004, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)