“Excellent hotel to stay if you travel to dallas”

Residence Inn Dallas Richardson
Ranked #10 of 17 Hotels in Richardson
Reviewed 4 November 2011

Excellent hotel with very friendly staff. The staff would make you feel at home. Good Rooms with very good facilities. Excellent house keeping staff. You get good complimentary breakfast in the hotel. Good swimming pool and other outdoor and indoor gaming facilities. I would strongly recomment this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Residence Inn Dallas Richardson

Reviewed 5 September 2011

This is one of the very good hotel in Richardson area. Very comfortable rooms with all required kitchen utensils. The rooms have dishwasher, refrigerator, electric stove, microwave.

I stayed here couple of times & each time duration was around 30 days during my onsite trip from my company. The breakfast available is also good. It has nice little swimming pool, gymansium as well as tennis court as well.

The staff is also very good & eager to help.

I would recommend this hotel especially for long trips. You will feel at home.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 August 2011

Got 20 bedbug bites on each leg.

Management applogised, did a courtesy inspection and found nothing.

Would not stay there again....

• Stayed: August 2011
1  Thank sandman12345
Reviewed 18 June 2011

This was the first time I ever travelled out of my country, without friends /family so was hoping I would get a good place to stay which wouldn't make me miss home too much.

My company put me up at Residence Inn Dallas Richardson for a duration of 1 month. This is a long time to be staying at at hotel. However, the accomodation at Residence Inn Dallas Richardson was way above my expectations. The suite are well equiped with all you need in a home like atmosphere. The hotel serves a decent american breakfast each day and some evening snacks too to the inhouse guests. Though by the end of the trip I was craving for some good Indian food :) It is definately not bad though. The hotel had a reletively small gym but served the purpose of fitness and a nice swimming pool too. Overall, a very Cozy, home like place to stay at.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 November 2010

As similar to my other business trips, my company booked this hotel for me and my other collegues recommended me too since it is nearby office area.
This was my first trip to US for business meeting. It was a long journey for me around 32 hours (from my home Pune, India). I reached to hotel in evening around 5.30 PM, during the check in I come to know there is no single room available so the receptionist offered me double room with the same charge for 1 day and told me will shift my stuff to single room on next day, also he suggested to contact reception in the morning as on arrival my AMEX car did not work so next day after solving the card issue I had to swipe it again. After going into room I was too tired so sleep soon
Rooms:
Room was quite good, big LCD TV, Free Internet but speed is not so good, fridge, Hot Plate, Microwave, Toaster, Coffee Maker, Dish Washer , bathtub & shower and Kingsize bed, etc.

Breakfast:
I was too hungry in the morning so went to do breakfast. It was standard American breakfast and in my whole stay I dont see there are any changes in it. The options are not too much so personally I did not like the breakfast much here. Even comparing with other Mariott hotels the breakfast is OK.

Reception Service:
As asked to contact reception on next day, I went over and told I had been told during check-in that I will be shifted to another single room but the receptionist(another one) in morning told me they dont have single room available and will charge $200 from $79 even though I had a confirmed booking for around month. I had asked her to change the charge to $200 for that day and after confirmation from company will decide to continue with Mariott or not. In the evening after returning into Hotel, the person who was present during the checkin told me that my stuff is shifted into another single room. So this seems to be some kind of mis communication between the staff.

Evening Snacks:
Monday to Thursday you can enjoy the snacks in hotel for free of cost between 5.30 to 7.30. Note that there is no resturant service in hotel so will not get lunch or dinner in hotel and have to arrange it yourself.

Other Services
Internet:
Wi-fi is available at free of cost in lobby area, in rooms you will get wired connection. Internet speed is too slow.
Shuttle Service:
Shuttle service is available in the morning and evening for pick-up and drop to office on prior booking.
Recreational Activities:
Gym, Swimming Pool, Tennis play ground are available at free of cost.
Laundry:
The washing machine and dryer are available where you can put all your clother for wash in just $2 (+ $2 for the washing powder and scented powder) .

Other important things
The hotel is on walkable distance from AT&T, Metro PCS, Verizon, Nortel Network, Cisco Network, Samsung Mobiles, Bank of America, etc.

Hotel is close to Galatyn park railway station where you can get $4 local full day pass which can be used for all the Metros and DART buses.

There are no markets on walkable distance so you need to call taxi (you can search for Yellow Cab) as near to Hotel there are no cabs available.

In all enjoyed my trip.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank mgp_31
Reviewed 6 May 2010

Liked the place. Enjoyed the first evey snowfall there of my life. So it will be in my memories for long. Good hotel to stay. Spacious rooms and good service

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 March 2010

i stayed this hotel for a month and was extremely satisfied with the services. The room was big enough for two. there are happy hours from monday to thursday. although i missed the wi-fi services but the rooms were provided with cable internet though speed was slow sometimes. walking distance to local train station. overall much better than the near by courtyard hotel. when i was there, the snow fall made the hotel stay even more pleasant.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business