“Nice Hotel, but staff did not meet my needs”

Residence Inn Dallas Richardson
Ranked #10 of 17 Hotels in Richardson
central pennsylvania
“Nice Hotel, but staff did not meet my needs”
Reviewed 27 August 2014

I had two reservations for two consecutive nights. On four different occasions I requested the same room for both nights. This was not accomplished without extra conversations, extra phone calls, and much frustration. They did make it right and apologized.
Please be sure to have everything in writing and make last minute phone calls and person to person arrangements. Staff don't seem to communicate very well

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Jheannine G, General Manager at Residence Inn Dallas Richardson, responded to this review, 28 August 2014
Ms. Lebo,

I thank you again for staying with us and sharing feedback regarding your experience. I assure you that processes have been implemented to ensure that my team recognizes multiple reservations for consecutive nights to minimize frustration in the future.

When/if your travels bring you back to the area in the future, I ask that you reach out as I would be delighted to fulfill your accommodations. I assure you that my team will work hard to create a positive/memorable experience for you.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 27 August 2014

I stayed 3 nights there. Breakfast was enough but not a lot of collection, the room, 1 bedroom, is comfortable and spacious. The swimming pool is a little small. Good friendly staffs. I like the afternoon snack for guests, the food and refreshment were nice and more than I expected, this hotel is not bad, but the furnitures in the room were a little old. I stayed at newer and better Residence Inn. Over all, it is still a good choice to stay in richardson.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
I am pleased to know that you enjoyed the interactions with my team and our service met your expectations. While our property is a bit older than newly-opened Residence Inn's, we are continuously focusing on ways to enhance the property and improve our guests’ experience. Our goal is to be the ‘Star of Richardson’!

Thank you for sharing feedback about your stay. My team and I look forward to your next visit to the Richardson area!
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 11 August 2014

A pipe broke in our home and we stayed at the Residence Inn for more than two months. This hotel is excellent! We had a very nice two room suite with a kitchen. The staff was friendly, the beds were comfortable, the hotel is pet friendly, the room was clean and quiet. The hotel has a a great buffet breakfast and a light dinner Monday through Friday and it's all included in the room price. If we ever have another disaster at home we will insist that they put us up here.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Bryan L
Jheannine G, Manager at Residence Inn Dallas Richardson, responded to this review, 16 August 2014
Working through home repairs can be very challenging. I am happy to know that my team exceeded your expectations and made it easier for you to place your energy where it was needed, on your home. Knowing that you will utilize our property in the future fills me and my team with pride as our ongoing goa is to deliver an exceptional experience to our guests.

Thank you for your wonderful comments!
Rockville, Maryland
Reviewed 26 July 2014

We had no idea our hotel stay would be so comfortable and convenient. Highlights included a spacious two-room "suite" (in our two room reservation, that allowed a late-owl husband to watch the Tour de France while the wife got to sleep with flat-screen TV's in both rooms; our young adult daughters each got their own "room" in their suite which avoided sibling conflict); a fully-stocked kitchen with microwave, stove-top, fridge, dishes & silverware, etc., and dishwasher; lots of restaurants in the area with a number in walking distance; quiet; extremely friendly and accommodating staff - at the desk, in housekeeping, and at the breakfast); a decent free breakfast; location is very accessible to highway connections without being ON the highway like many hotels; they'll even go to the supermarket for you to pick up staples (we didn't need this for our stay, but were impressed by this offer); outdoor pool, quiet central air conditioning; clean, well-kept facility; they even have a coffee maker with coffee and a bag of free microwave popcorn in the room. We got all this at a very reasonable rate (although we did it through an online service rather than thru Marriott). The only downsides I can find are that the exercise room was small and didn't have an exercise bike (I'm a cyclist, so really would have liked that option) and that some dresser drawers were "tired" (one almost came out from opening it). Definitely a place that we'll return next time we visit our relatives.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Nancy S
Jheannine G, Manager at Residence Inn Dallas Richardson, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Nancy, your kind comments are sincerely appreciated and the team is glowing with pride. It was an absolute pleasure creating a positive experience for you during your stay. I thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you and embrace the feedback that you shared about the functionality of the dresser in your suite. Our engineers and housekeepers will pay close attention to this item moving forward.

We hope to see you again soon!
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed 24 July 2014

great staff receptionists, kitchen and all others very nice and accommodating

room was big and clean with all needed for a business tripe
enough electricity sockets big TV grate bad

happy hour for after work relaxation
near the 75 high way close to all shopping malls for weekend excitement

Room Tip: ask for the second floor
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
We are delighted that we provided you with a comfortable stay. We take a great pride in delivering exceptional service at every opportunity possible. When your travels bring you back to the Richardson area, we are excited to know that we will continue to be your hotel of choice.

See you again soon!
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Stayed here for a week. Location is very quiet in an office park and there was no noise. Staff was very nice and friendly. Rooms were large and spacious and bed was very comfortable.
Only minor housekeeping issues - there was some trash under the bed and had to go to front desk to get Kleenex for bathroom. Satellite TV was spotty. Free Wi-Fi did work great but they offer upgraded Wi-Fi if you need it for a fee. Evening happy hour/light dinner M-Th was adequate and decent if you eat a large lunch and only want something light. Breakfast varied each day and had good quality and variety. Fitness room was very nice and area is great for walking/running but there are no shops/restaurants within walking distance but they did offer a shuttle to take you to nearby shopping etc.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank skerns123
TX
Reviewed 5 May 2014

We enjoyed our stay. It's an updated residence inn in a quiet location, no restaurants etc., in the immediate neighborhood but there are several a short drive away. Plenty of free parking. Lobby, rooms, bathrooms all clean and fresh. Very professional and friendly staff, special thanks to Anita, Mee and Kristie for making our stay comfortable.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family