HYATT house Dallas/Richardson
US$95
US$89
US$105
Courtyard
All reviewssmall kitchenwalk in closetextended stay hotelfull size fridgelaundry roomhyatt placebasketball courthome away from homeliving areafree breakfastgreat place to stayrecommend this hotelrooms are spaciousdallas richardsonpleasant staybusiness tripzach
Reviewed 11 October 2013

When I first saw this hotel from the highway I was concerned it would be on the lower end. However, once I went inside the room I found it to be charming. It's like a little efficiency apartment with a large couch and a cute little kitchen. I was impressed by how comfortable the beds were and was excited I would get a good nights sleep. To my surprise the air conditioning is so loud when it kicks on that it would startle me out of sleep every time. Also, as I was laying in the bed it started to smell like urine, like someone urinated on the rug behind the side table. They may want to steam clean that room. I would not stay here again in the summer.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Scot S, General Manager at HYATT house Dallas/Richardson, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2013

Thank you for you review! It is always good to hear things that we are going right and also things that we may need to work on. I am glad that you brought these issues up in your response, we have made sure that all of the things that you mentioned were addressed with Housekeeping and Engineering. We greatly appreciate your business and hope that you will stay with us again in the future. Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed 29 September 2013

I had been to Hyatt House Dallas/Richarson on a month long business trip. The "one-floored" structures takes you by surprise as a hotel when you're coming from India - hotels usually stands for huge sparkling buildings. Nevertheless, the entire premises has its own uniqueness. The Guest reception was nice and warming. You'll get a host of options in selecting your room - expressway facing, pool side, boulevard facing, etc but all of them are nice built wooden structures. The room service and house keeping is good. You get homely feeling when you're away from home. The best from Hyatt house is it's warm and ever-helping staff, the breakfast and the shuttle service that runs for 5 miles every 30 minutes ( this is of great help in a city of Dallas where there is little in the name of public transport and taxis are too costly )

The thing you've to take care is - carry your luggage self and cook your food as there is no assistance on these fronts. The wifi is weak in front-facing rooms.

Room Tip: Rooms facing US75 give a good view of rushing vehicles
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for reviewing my hotel on TripAdvisor. com. All feedback is appreciated.

I am glad to hear that your stay was mostly enjoyable, during your extended stay with us. One of the things that makes the hotel unique is that we are not like all of the rest. We have a large campus and it gives you more a relaxed feeling. The internet service is one of those issues that we hear from time to time. We have increased our bandwidth to keep up with high demands. It seems to be doing the trick and everyone seems happy. Once again, I would like to thank you for your review and I hope that you will give us another opportunity to make your next stay even more enjoyable.

Reviewed 5 September 2013

I recently was contacted by my friend and was asked to help her get a room for two days until she could move into her new apartment. She is a student and unfortunately has not fallen for the credit card scam so often played on our young people.

I bought and paid for the room via expedia so it was completely paid for before she even got there. Once she arrived they told her she needed a credit card or debit card from a bank with her name on it , etc. etc, She didn't have one. Cash was offered as any necessary deposit. But the mindless drown assistant manager said the policy was a credit card.

I called and talked to the assistant manager on duty and was told it was only for $20 deposit on parking and any charges in the store there. I asked if they could change their policy as she did not have a credit card and the room was paid for in advance. I was told no. They would just cancel the reservation and it was not refundable.

Really? Really? A company would turn a young lady out into the street because they couldn't get a customer that had already paid in full to follow their idea of how to check in! Really?

This kind of mindless thinking is taking this country down the drain. Mindless, heartless, lazy thinking. I will never stay in a Hyatt facility under any circumstances!! Hope you wont either in case one day you need common sense to prevail.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank 77ChuckB
Scot S, General Manager at HYATT house Dallas/Richardson, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2013

I would first like to thank you for expressing your thoughts about the hotel. All feedback is appreciated.
I am sorry that you did not have a stellar experience at the hotel. Whenever a room is booked, via Expedia.com, Orbitz.com or even Hyatt.com, the person checking into the hotel is required to present a credit card. Expedia.com states on their confirmation pages that the person checking into the hotel is required to present a credit card upon check-in. This is unfortunately a best practice that is necessary for most hotels to operate. In addition, we do not accept cash deposits in place of the credit card. This is due to the unknown amount of incidentals that may be placed on a guests room incidentals.
I am showing that the room charges were refunded to Expedia.com. I would not charge a guest that was unable to stay at the hotel, especially for extenuating circumstances such as these.
Please accept my sincerest apologies for this unfortunate event. I do hope that you will consider using the Hyatt House- Richardson in the future.

Reviewed 24 August 2013

Conveniently located off the 75 highway, and very close to several dining options, the Hyatt House is a fair choice for location, convenience, and price. Hyatt House is the new name for the previously-branded Summerfield Suites line of long-term accomodations. Rooms are comparable to a hotel room in size, but much smaller than the more spacious Hyatt Place properties. The kitchenettes come fully stocked with dishes and silverware, including a refridgerator, microsave, small range, and a dishwasher, packed thoughtfully into a small galley-style kitchen. The grounds are relatively clean, and the business center, pool, laundry, and workout facilities are all fairly stocked and maintained. One piece of this puzzle is missing, however -- the Internet options here are horrible. Having stayed here over two months for a work relocation, I can provide a large sample review that over 75% of evenings the download rates are less than 0.25MB/s on SpeedTest.net, and on 25% of evenings, either one cannot connect at all or you can connect to the local access point, but once you do, you cannot access any sites at all. Unfortunately, Internet service is subcontracted out to a provider who is unable to resolve the issues after multiple calls.

While this is an otherwise good hotel location, I would recommend avoiding it if you have the need to do any business work or have kids who need high-speed WiFI access over a holiday weekend.

Room Tip: Ask for Building #3 - it is the farthest from the 75 highway.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business

I am glad to hear that your stay was mostly enjoyable, during your extended stay with us. The internet service is one of those issues that we hear from time to time. We were having a provider issue during a three to four month period, which that issue has since been resolved. The internet is now working faster than ever before!

Reviewed 17 August 2013

The web pics look very posh - but that is the nature of advertising! This Hyatt House is not different from most extended stay hotels and weekend visitors cannot give a comprehensive assessment of its features. The hotel is split into 5 apartment blocks, with plenty of gardens around. Its location is good, off the 75 highway, with many restaurants of different cuisines available within 0.5 miles radius. The rooms are clean and comfortable, the sheets are ordinary and the breakfast is adequate. As weekend guests, we did not experience the weekday socials and free booze. Our main attarction was being able to bring our puppy.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

I am so happy to hear you had a positive experience while staying at the Hyatt House in Richardson. I hope you have the opportunity to stay with us again soon. It appears you are an experienced traveler and we appreciate your comments and feedback! You obviously know you have choices and the fact that you choose Hyatt House Richardson is truly appreciated. Thank you again for sharing your experience!