“Good suite experience, pets allowed!”

HYATT house Dallas/Richardson
Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Richardson
Richardson, Texas
“Good suite experience, pets allowed!”
Reviewed 9 January 2014

During a power outage in the recent ice storm/deep freeze in November 2013, we stayed in a handicapped-friendly suite and brought our small Pomeranian. Rooms are nice but not brand-new. Beware--"full kitchen" does NOT mean an oven! I expected an oven and brought frozen pizzas and such from my dark kitchen and couldn't make them. Small microwave and small stove ONLY. The free breakfast was really "meh" compared to the place we stayed in Wichita, Kansas, the year before (it was a paradise and near the Beechcraft site!) Lots and lots of large dogs going up and down the halls and going outside while we were there, because the neighborhood adjacent to here (all the way to UT/Dallas area) was totally without power for four days and we all had to come here! The bedroom is not separate but just has a screen of shelves, which means when you want to go to bed and others in the room are playing the TV, you can't sleep. I prefer the sort of room with a separate bedroom. Anyway, this was a good choice and budget-friendly for us, and was a lifesaver because my mom (elderly) would have frozen to death, if not all of us, back at the COLD house! Odd thing: they did not sand or clear the sidewalks or parking area, so we were SLIDING and literally slipping back and forth on the ice during our stay. Would have been nice to see some ice cleared on the sidewalks that led from parking to rooms!

Room Tip: Our room looked out on the "courtyard" and was quieter than the ones looking out on the ex...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Scot S, General Manager at HYATT house Dallas/Richardson, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
I am so happy to hear you had a positive experience while staying at the Hyatt House in Richardson. I hope you have the opportunity to stay with us again soon (hopefully for fun next time instead of necessity). I sincerely apologize for the lack of sand on the sidewalks while they were covered in ice. We try to keep the major walkways sanded at all times as guest safety is our highest priority. We will definitely be taking this into consideration the next time there is bad weather.

Thank you again for sharing your experience!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
  • Korean first
Ellis
Reviewed 5 December 2013

Stayed at this Hyatt House for a week while visiting family in Richardson. This property is pet-friendly. The rooms are so so, not brand new, but nice. I would rate cleanliness a 7 out of 10. "Free breakfast" was ok, not good, not bad, it worked. Coffee was better than most. Great location, easily accessible from highway 75.

Room Tip: Lots of restaurants nearby. Across the street from DeVry University.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
It makes all of us here at the HYATT house Richardson so happy to hear you had a positive experience while staying with us. I hope you have the opportunity to stay with us again soon. We are always looking for ways to improve so we will look into all the things you discussed in your review.

You sound like a very experienced traveler so thank you again for sharing your experience!
Albuquerque, NM
Reviewed 23 October 2013

We just stayed 50- nights for my niece's wedding and are generally pleased. Access from the south along 75 in a pain. The proper legal method is to turn west on Campbell and negotiate all the confusing construction and turn north on Collins (if you don't pass it) and hunt for the tiny Hyatt sign. The better way is to exit at Campbell, illegally cross the double stripe to Gatalyn parkway, cross the freeway and cut another illegal right turn to the Hotel.
We found the hotel unusual, almost like an efficiency apartment complex, and very pleasant. Breakfast was real food, not rolls. The room, kitchen, sitting area and bath were fairly large. We had quite a bit of trouble with the phones but it got fixed. Some of it was the phone company. We would stay again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Scot S, General Manager at HYATT house Dallas/Richardson, responded to this review, 8 November 2013
I am so happy to hear you had a positive experience while staying at the Hyatt House in Richardson. I hope you have the opportunity to stay with us again soon. I am sorry for the issue that you had with the phones in your room. I assure you this is was an isolated incident and we will make sure that this is not a porblem in the future.

Thank you again for sharing your experience!
Mission Viejo
Reviewed 11 October 2013

When I first saw this hotel from the highway I was concerned it would be on the lower end. However, once I went inside the room I found it to be charming. It's like a little efficiency apartment with a large couch and a cute little kitchen. I was impressed by how comfortable the beds were and was excited I would get a good nights sleep. To my surprise the air conditioning is so loud when it kicks on that it would startle me out of sleep every time. Also, as I was laying in the bed it started to smell like urine, like someone urinated on the rug behind the side table. They may want to steam clean that room. I would not stay here again in the summer.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for you review! It is always good to hear things that we are going right and also things that we may need to work on. I am glad that you brought these issues up in your response, we have made sure that all of the things that you mentioned were addressed with Housekeeping and Engineering. We greatly appreciate your business and hope that you will stay with us again in the future. Thank you again for your feedback.
Pune, India
Reviewed 29 September 2013

I had been to Hyatt House Dallas/Richarson on a month long business trip. The "one-floored" structures takes you by surprise as a hotel when you're coming from India - hotels usually stands for huge sparkling buildings. Nevertheless, the entire premises has its own uniqueness. The Guest reception was nice and warming. You'll get a host of options in selecting your room - expressway facing, pool side, boulevard facing, etc but all of them are nice built wooden structures. The room service and house keeping is good. You get homely feeling when you're away from home. The best from Hyatt house is it's warm and ever-helping staff, the breakfast and the shuttle service that runs for 5 miles every 30 minutes ( this is of great help in a city of Dallas where there is little in the name of public transport and taxis are too costly )

The thing you've to take care is - carry your luggage self and cook your food as there is no assistance on these fronts. The wifi is weak in front-facing rooms.

Room Tip: Rooms facing US75 give a good view of rushing vehicles
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for reviewing my hotel on TripAdvisor. com. All feedback is appreciated.

I am glad to hear that your stay was mostly enjoyable, during your extended stay with us. One of the things that makes the hotel unique is that we are not like all of the rest. We have a large campus and it gives you more a relaxed feeling. The internet service is one of those issues that we hear from time to time. We have increased our bandwidth to keep up with high demands. It seems to be doing the trick and everyone seems happy. Once again, I would like to thank you for your review and I hope that you will give us another opportunity to make your next stay even more enjoyable.
Waco, Texas
Reviewed 5 September 2013

I recently was contacted by my friend and was asked to help her get a room for two days until she could move into her new apartment. She is a student and unfortunately has not fallen for the credit card scam so often played on our young people.

I bought and paid for the room via expedia so it was completely paid for before she even got there. Once she arrived they told her she needed a credit card or debit card from a bank with her name on it , etc. etc, She didn't have one. Cash was offered as any necessary deposit. But the mindless drown assistant manager said the policy was a credit card.

I called and talked to the assistant manager on duty and was told it was only for $20 deposit on parking and any charges in the store there. I asked if they could change their policy as she did not have a credit card and the room was paid for in advance. I was told no. They would just cancel the reservation and it was not refundable.

Really? Really? A company would turn a young lady out into the street because they couldn't get a customer that had already paid in full to follow their idea of how to check in! Really?

This kind of mindless thinking is taking this country down the drain. Mindless, heartless, lazy thinking. I will never stay in a Hyatt facility under any circumstances!! Hope you wont either in case one day you need common sense to prevail.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank 77ChuckB
Scot S, General Manager at HYATT house Dallas/Richardson, responded to this review, 17 September 2013
I would first like to thank you for expressing your thoughts about the hotel. All feedback is appreciated.
I am sorry that you did not have a stellar experience at the hotel. Whenever a room is booked, via Expedia.com, Orbitz.com or even Hyatt.com, the person checking into the hotel is required to present a credit card. Expedia.com states on their confirmation pages that the person checking into the hotel is required to present a credit card upon check-in. This is unfortunately a best practice that is necessary for most hotels to operate. In addition, we do not accept cash deposits in place of the credit card. This is due to the unknown amount of incidentals that may be placed on a guests room incidentals.
I am showing that the room charges were refunded to Expedia.com. I would not charge a guest that was unable to stay at the hotel, especially for extenuating circumstances such as these.
Please accept my sincerest apologies for this unfortunate event. I do hope that you will consider using the Hyatt House- Richardson in the future.
Scot Sharp
McKinney, Texas
Reviewed 24 August 2013

Conveniently located off the 75 highway, and very close to several dining options, the Hyatt House is a fair choice for location, convenience, and price. Hyatt House is the new name for the previously-branded Summerfield Suites line of long-term accomodations. Rooms are comparable to a hotel room in size, but much smaller than the more spacious Hyatt Place properties. The kitchenettes come fully stocked with dishes and silverware, including a refridgerator, microsave, small range, and a dishwasher, packed thoughtfully into a small galley-style kitchen. The grounds are relatively clean, and the business center, pool, laundry, and workout facilities are all fairly stocked and maintained. One piece of this puzzle is missing, however -- the Internet options here are horrible. Having stayed here over two months for a work relocation, I can provide a large sample review that over 75% of evenings the download rates are less than 0.25MB/s on SpeedTest.net, and on 25% of evenings, either one cannot connect at all or you can connect to the local access point, but once you do, you cannot access any sites at all. Unfortunately, Internet service is subcontracted out to a provider who is unable to resolve the issues after multiple calls.

While this is an otherwise good hotel location, I would recommend avoiding it if you have the need to do any business work or have kids who need high-speed WiFI access over a holiday weekend.

Room Tip: Ask for Building #3 - it is the farthest from the 75 highway.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business

I am glad to hear that your stay was mostly enjoyable, during your extended stay with us. The internet service is one of those issues that we hear from time to time. We were having a provider issue during a three to four month period, which that issue has since been resolved. The internet is now working faster than ever before!

Scot Sharp