“Shhh!! Keep this place a secret”

Cafe Amore Pizza and Pasta
Ranked #45 of 412 Restaurants in Richardson
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Richardson, Texas
“Shhh!! Keep this place a secret”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

We love Amore's and have been going there for at least 15 years. Food is better than most of the over priced Italian restaurants - why pay a fortune for such simple fare. Desserts are all good.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank larry g

Dallas, Texas
1,727 restaurant reviews
“Back After Almost Three Years”
Reviewed 31 January 2014

Stopped by for lunch today and this is what we found. Not too many customers at 12:30PM. They don’t know what they are missing.The wait service was excellent. Ordered tea and coke and our glasses were never empty. For the meal my spouse ordered a cheese pizza and I ordered the home made pasta meat sauce over spaghetti. Both were absolutely delicious and we could not eat the very large servings so took some home with us. Served a salad that was fresh and all the greens very crispy. The home made bread is one of the best parts of the meal. Hot and some of the best. Did I mention our wait service was excellent.Now for the changes. There was a sign out froth for a very long time advertising $4.95 lunch meals. Now the menu is somewhat expand and there are more than a dozen choices for $6.99, however the meal now includes the salad and the drink, thus looks like we are right back to the previous prices plus a drink. A very good deal.This is a quant small neighborhood Italia restaurant. Some dinner entrees were displayed on the board and prices are a higher for dinner.I didn’t take photos this time so I will go back and get some and repost the photos in the future. Look for them to appear.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank texaswillie
Dallas, Texas
“I'm a Regular at this Neighborhood Spot!”
Reviewed 29 December 2013 via mobile

Having grown up in the Northeast, with a multitude of fabulous Italian Restaurants, I longed for the food of my youth. And Amore's comes close! The food is consistent, an important trait. And the marinara sauce is memorable. I'm crazy for ALL the chicken dishes, as well as the Eggplant Parmigian. The best part of the deal is what a great value you get. Delicious food at a reasonable cost.

Others have complimented the bread, but the Italian bread back East is crusty, so I find the bread disappointing. The French bread they serve their subs on is more like what I'm used to and crave.

As I'm a regular here, I routinely bring all my friends, because it's the best Italian Restaurant in this price range I've found so far.

My only complaint is that the service is sketchy. It varies greatly from visit to visit. However, the staff is always extremely friendly and accommodating. And, because it's a family business, you get to feel like part of the family.

1 Thank DallasLoj
Connroe, TX
“Our Favorite in Dallas”
Reviewed 18 December 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Everything about this place is awesome. Great food, excellent prices, good service. Bring your own wine. No corkage fee.

Visited November 2013
South Venice, Florida
“We will be back in spite of the service”
Reviewed 7 April 2013

As most everyone has said the food is good and the price is definitely right. I had the veal cremora and while I have never eaten this particular dish the veal was cooked properly and it had a very tasty sauce. Husband had the chicken and italian sausage he said it was good. Our service was comical, at first I thought it might have been our waitress' first time waiting tables and she hadn't had time to even prevue the menu before she started taking orders then I realized that was not the case. She was just a friendly space cat. All is well that ends well though. We will return.

• Visited April 2013