“Good Hotel”

Ranked #6 of 17 Hotels in Richardson
Dallas, Texas
“Good Hotel”
Reviewed 26 November 2012

I stayed in Richardson Thanksgiving day for an event I was attending. Check in was quick since the hotel was relatively quiet because of the holiday. The room was clean and fresh, so was the bathroom. I sat on the bed and thought it was a lil hard and uncomfortable, compared to other Hyatt's I've stayed at. The room was very quiet with no outside noise.

The buffet breakfast has all the usual items(eggs, bacon, sausage, potatoes, fruit) and there's a chef on hand for any made to order items you require. The dinning room staff were very attentive and friendly. The food was good and fresh.

Check out took a lil longer because there was a soccer team checking in with kids. The front desk attendant did her best and she did apologize for the wait. No huge deal.

Good place to stay if you're in Richardson for business or pleasure. Easy access to 75/Central Expressway and lot's of restaurant options along Campbell Road. The hotel has an electronic directory of all the restaurants in the area.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
HyattFOM, Front Office Manager at Hyatt Regency North Dallas/Richardson, responded to this review, 29 November 2012
Hyatt Regency North Dallas was glad you set aside time to share your stay with us. We are very happy we were able to meet your needs and look forward to a future stay with us.

Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
  • Korean first
Florida
Reviewed 25 November 2012

We stayed here for soccer tournament and found it to be an excellent hotel at a surprisingly low price. Great value. Breakfast was very good, typical hyatt buffet with many options. Excellent service. Beds are very comfortable. Heater worked fine.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Chesterfield, Missouri
Reviewed 24 November 2012 via mobile

The rooms we booked here was 30% off and felt really inexpensive. It may be little far from Dallas downtown but we needed something in north so we can head back on 75 easily in morning. Just like any big hotels they charge 4$ for bottle of water and breakfast was 15$ which was really good. I would stay here again if I need to stay in north part of Dallas

• Stayed November 2012
Hyatt Regency North Dallas enjoyed hearing from you! Time to time, we do run some outstanding specials and we are glad you were able to take advantage! We look forward to being able to serve you again.

Herndon, Virginia
Reviewed 21 November 2012

I stayed here for business and found it to be an excellent hotel at a surprisingly low price. Great value. Breakfast was OK, typical buffet but food was warmer than most. Bed was ver, very comfortable. Plenty of parking. I arrived at 2:30am after one of those days flying, and the front desk took care of me.

Room Tip: Upper floor.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Hyatt Regency North Dallas would like to thank you for sharing your experience with us. Our team loves to hear the stories of success and we will certainly share this with them. We hope to see you again!

Hickory, North Carolina
Reviewed 20 November 2012

I stayed at this Hyatt Regency during a recent business trip. There was a cold snap in the Dallas area during the time, and the room was quite cold. The thermostat in the room did not seem to adjust the temperature at all; I think it was there to make the occupant think they were controlling the temperature. I know that doctors say that cold temperature has nothing to do with getting sick; however, I came away from this trip with a wicked cold/flu. The facility also looked a bit dated, and some fixtures were worn. Most of the staff were friendly and helpful, except for the desk clerk on the last day I was there. The restaurant staff was particularly friendly. Overall, however, I would recommend staying at a different hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank JW55_11
Hyatt Regency North Dallas appreciates your feedback. I apologize for your less than perfect stay. We certainly strive for a far better experience. I would be more than happy to speak with you regarding your experience, that way I can better communicate it to our teams.

Reviewed 9 November 2012 via mobile

I stayed here the day before the 3 day breast cancer walk in Dallas. Everything was fantastic, service was great, rooms clean. There were a lot of other walkers staying here and with all the people, while in rooms, it was very quite in the rooms. I would stay here again. The only drawback I can think of, was the size of the rooms, and no frige or microwave. For the price of the room, I would have expected those in the room.

• Stayed November 2012
HyattFOM, Front Office Manager at Hyatt Regency North Dallas/Richardson, responded to this review, 19 November 2012
Hyatt Regency North Dallas appreciates your great feedback. We always enjoy sharing positive feedback with our teams. We look forward to your next visit. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Solana Beach, California
Reviewed 6 November 2012 via mobile

I am staying at this hotel on business, this week for 3 nights, and have stayed here last week for three nights as well. Yesterday morning I came down for the buffet breakfast to meet my colleague and then to go off to see our clients at their corporate headquarters near by. I had my shoulder bag and my iPad bag. My colleague was not there yet, so I went to buffet to get food, leaving the two items, on the seats. My colleague and I had breakfast, and upon leaving, I could not find my iPad bag. I had left my iPad to recharge in my room, but the bag contained my Japanese passport, my detailed travel itinerary, notes, and several nice pens. Because we needed to be on time, and due to fatigue from traveling and working late hours, I assumed that it could still be in my room and that it would be returned to me on the larger possibility that it was not.

When I came back it was not in my room, and I went to the front desk and was told that they didn't have it because it was not logged into their item recovery system. They told me that they will talk to the restaurant manager and give me an update.

Today I went to breakfast and I talked to the servers who were concerned for me, because they remembered me eating there yesterday but told me that all lost items would be returned to the front desk. Since I did not receive any update, I went to the front desk, and was told that it had not come in because it had not been logged into their system. I asked the young woman if she could go and check the actual lost and found, and she refused to do so because she did not see the point. I was disappointed in her flippant attitude of "this ain't my problem."

I told my colleague what transpired and he was furious, he said that I should have the management look into their video cameras. He knows how serious losing a foreign passport can be. I need to go to Tokyo next month so now I need to scramble, and spend a few days in LA, to get another one for several hundred dollars. Also there is the cocern about identity. I was lucky about the iPad. Apparently the Hyatt in central Dallas had similar theft in May.

We stay at the Hyatt Regency and pay premium because we are on tight and hectic work schedules, and in order to avoid situations like the above. The small bottles of waters are four dollars each, and the Internet connection is 10 dollars a day, and it is slow and disconnects that I gave up after 5 minutes. I do not like being nickeled and dime-ed. I have travelled widely, and is sad to experience such "Service and Hospitality" mentality. I would much rather be in a privately owned hotel such as the Sirkeci Konak in Istanbul where I felt comfortable and secure than this inhospitable place in Tex

Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Hyatt Regency North Dallas would like ot thank you for reaching out regarding your experience. I would like to apologize for the service you received as this is the first time we have heard of our team refusing to assist a guest. I would love to opportunity to look into this issue further. The hotel phone number is 972-619-1234 and my extension is 2097. I look forward to working with you to resolve this issue.