“Very good stay for business travellers”

Hyatt Regency North Dallas/Richardson
Ranked #8 of 18 Hotels in Richardson
Reviewed 17 January 2014

We spent about 8 nights@ this hotel and we were most happy with the accommodation, services and the overall vibe of the place.
The breakfast was varied and plentiful and catered to the needs of most people there. The pool was a welcome relaxation spot and the gym was pretty well equipped.
It is conveniently placed to a few convenience stores for grocery shopping (7 Eleven) and a few restaurants that we also enjoyed.

Room Tip: A/C noise may bother light sleepers...so make sure to tell the front desk if you get a noisy room.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 11 January 2014

I stayed in one of the "Pure" rooms for most of the week on a business trip to a nearby client.
While the hotel seems a bit dated, everything is functional, service is good, and I have no complains whatsoever throughout my visit.
Breakfast was nice, omelets by order, fresh fruits and all, although fresh vegetables would be a nice addition.

My only gripe, and it is not very specific to this hotel, is that if someone wants to avoid using the A/C (I'm against heating via A/C) he cannot really refresh the air since no windows open. I didn't feel the room was stuffy but wanted some more fresh air anyhow.

wifi and breakfast were free on my corporate rate and wifi worked very well without any of the usual reconnect hassles. one password entry the first day and then ongoing access for 5 days. from my 3 devices.

I got a couple of packages on my stay and they delivered them promptly to my room without me asking.

I will definitely consider coming again on my next business visit to Richardson, and I know many colleagues prefer this hotel when here.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 January 2014 via mobile

We stayed at Hyatt Regency North Dallas for our 29th Anniversary. We were given top floor room. We noticed that the air was not cooling. We called and a technician was sent. He said that the chillers were off in the entire building so there was no A/C in any room. After testing he said that our room was 75 degrees. We then requested room on a lower floor and was put on the 6th floor. Although it was not quite as hot, the A/C still didn't work and the bed was very firm and hurt my wife's back and mine, making for a night of little sleep. What an Anniversary night, thanks to Hyatt. Never again!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 January 2014

We booked this hotel through hotwire for a weeks stay in North dallas. It was rated 4 stars and since we were traveling with our 7 yr old son, we like to stay at hotels we know will be comfortable and safe. The web site listed internet WiFi but failed to list that it was an extra daily charge. Since my husband would be working during the vacation, we were unhappy to discover this at check in. The person at the front desk was condescending and when I said that we had never stayed somewhere they charged for this, told me that "The motel 6 and Best Westerns dont charge for internet but all the high end hotels charge for internet usage." I explained to her that we always stay at "high end hotels" since we travel with a child and was insulted by her attitude. I hoped that this would be the only glitch but our room was very small and the beds are full size not queens. I again was told that if we didnt get a single King room that all the other rooms were full size beds. My husband and I are both over 6 ft. so the beds were very short and we quickly discovered that they were also very uncomfortable and hard. The rooms look decidely different from their web pictures, it was tight moving around, there was no refrigerator (and my son had antibiotics) and the hair dryer was missing from our room. I was given a hair dryer for the room and our maid service was good though I had coffee one morning and it was 3 before I received a new packet of sugars and creamers. I didnt ask since we were heading our for breakfast each day but did notice that they werent replaced so good thing I wasnt craving coffee. Visited a family member at a Best Western that same week and their room was twice as large with a pull out couch sleeper. The Hyatt was fancy with no real comfort and it was too cold to use the pool. FItness center was nice and we used it one morning. They provided lotions, shampoos, conditioners and soaps. Overall, I wasnt impressed. Would have rather paid less and stayed at a "lower end" (haha) hotel with a free breakfast and internet and more comfortable beds.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 January 2014

We stayed at the Hyatt Regency Richardson for one night the week after Thanksgiving before we flew home. We got it through Priceline on an Express deal, found out it was the Hyatt after we booked and paid. Great! Upon first impression, the hotel looked pretty fancy, the lobby was impressive and the front desk reception people were friendly and helpful. When we got to our room, it was obvious this is an older hotel that has been remodeled, but it was a nice room for the price we paid. I noted everything that was supplied for the purpose of this review: shampoo, conditioner, lotion, bar soap, bathrobe, yoga mat, ironing board/iron, hair dryer, extra blanket, safe, single-serve coffeemaker with packets of coffee and Tazo tea. The room had a flat screen TV--probably about 36", and the beds had padded headboards which is nice when you want to sit up and read. There is also a long list of free complimentary items you can call and order if you forgot, such as toothbrush, razor, shave cream, etc, slippers, and another list of items you can purchase. Room service is available until midnight, a wonderful option if you arrive late at night and it's too late to go out and eat. A few notes: The room did not have a microwave or refrigerator. The beds have down pillows but you can call and order a foam one if you're allergic (I am but brought my own)

The internet was strange--you get the first 30 minutes free but it was $14.95 for 24 hours after that. I called and asked about this because I didn't want to get charged if I went beyond 30 minutes--I just needed to check email. She said the system will kick you off once the 30 minutes are up and I could just sign back in and get another 30 minutes. If that's the case, why on earth don't they just go ahead and offer free internet? Who would pay unless you're the type to work all night instead of sleeping? I thought this was very odd, but they cater to business people who have expense accounts so I imagine it's a good source of revenue.

One issue I had was the air conditioner/heater. It's a wall mounted thermostat central AC/heat. But the vent is located on the wall such that the air blows right at the head of the bed. I had to position a pillow to the left of my head to block the air from blowing on my face as I slept. I know there is nothing they can do about this, short of rebuilding the entire vent system, but it's something to know if you suffer from allergies and sinus problems.

One suggestion I made to the front desk as we checked out was to see about making families/kids only floors. We were exhausted from a week of holiday travel visiting various family members and were desperate for a good night's sleep. We mentioned this at the front desk and the woman was sympathetic and put us on the 8th floor. So guess what happens about 10:30pm? You guessed it--a family coming back from dinner thought it was funny to let their screaming toddler run around in the hallway (we heard them laughing). Of course, they were in the room right next to ours! The child screamed until about midnight. Now, I know kids are kids, they get tired and cranky, but so do we, and we paid for a good night's sleep and requested a quiet room. I also know the hotel doesn't keep track of what rooms already have kids and what rooms don't, they clump the guests together to make it easier for the maids. I get it. But the hotel was nowhere near full and they could have put us in a room that didn't have guests in adjacent rooms. We also could have called and requested to change rooms but that's a difficult task when it's late, you've been driving all day, you're in your pajamas, completely exhausted and luggage is everywhere. C'est la vie, just something to keep in mind.

Noise from the highway was audible but not bad--it was more like a consistent hum. More distracting was the sound from the DART rail that went by every 20 minutes. So bring earplugs, a sound machine or turn the fan up in the room.

The location is convenient and accessible to the highway and close to many restaurants and shopping. I would recommend this hotel for a short term stay if you need an affordable option in Richardson.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 January 2014

Each year a group of 4 to 6 couples find a different location to attend a New Years Celebration. This year the Hyatt Regency in Richardson Tx had a package that included deluxe corner room on top three floors, dinner, dance, champagne toast at midnight, and a buffet breakfast. Package was $299. This is a very nice hotel in the Hyatt Regency tradition. The prime rib and fresh seafood buffet dinner was first class. The band was a local group, Walton Stout Band. The party was by far the best I have been to in years. They could have used a few more bar tenders but outside of that service was fantastic. New been to a better party. The breakfast was excellent and follows a typical upscale Sunday brunch format. By the way the package included late checkout at 2:00 PM. We will follow this band locally to see where they play and we will return to this Hyatt again for top notch service and party packages. You can follow or check out the band on Facebook.

Room Tip: Corner deluxe king on floors 16, 17, or 18.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 December 2013

This is an older hotel property but the building is well maintained and the staff is excellent. This is my go-to place when I am working at my office in Richardson. The rooms are small, but clean and the furniture is decent. They have recently added more electrical outlets which helps.

The restaurant is very good for hotel food - the wait staff is friendly, and the service is good. The grilled steak salad is highly recommended for something not too heavy.

Every morning they have a breakfast buffet that is as good as many hotels that are significantly more expensive - they always have a nice selection of breads and fresh fruit and will make eggs to order as well.

Room Tip: High rooms are nice - the corner rooms are an upgrade and are slightly larger. The "Imperial S...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business