“Priced right”

Ranked #6 of 17 Hotels in Richardson
Texas
“Priced right”
Reviewed 6 April 2014

I think this hotel is priced right. It is an older Hyatt and the rooms show their age. However the bathrooms are modern, and the beds are comfortable. And the rooms are very quiet, though you will hear the freeway and DART if you you face those (but its not too loud). The view is more interesting in these directions though so I think that offsets the noise.

The breakfast buffet is outstanding and consistently good. Everyone (dining room and front desk) is super friendly.

If you want to watch TV or watch stuff on-line on a laptop or tablet, you will be disappointed. TV is not HD though there is a broad selection of channels. Its actually somewhat fuzzy (the hotel indicates they are going to upgrade the TV system later this year to HD) and the internet is not fast enough to stream any type of video.

There is a small but nice pool area, and the exercise room is above average with some nice equipment.

The hotel is in a good location - there is a broad selection of places to eat right across the street and there is a great, but noisy, walking path right off the hotel parking lot. And of course, DART is nearby.

If you have the right expectations, you won't be disappointed - there are certainly worse choices that you can make.

Room Tip: Face East if you can.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
  • Korean first
New Jersey
Reviewed 22 March 2014

Overall, the room was fine and clean, but showed its age in several minor ways that I would not have expected in a a Hyatt, such as the condition of the carpet and wallpaper. They weren't terrible, just weren't up to standard for the room rate. Bath and bed linens could have been newer and/or better quality. Many small issues which I did not report until checkout as I preferred not to have maintenance enter the room:

-Deadbolt did not always fully release when exiting room (did not experience any issues with it releasing when entering from hallway)

-When I left ceiling light just inside entryway on, it went off and back on by itself a few times

-On/off button switch for desk lamp did not always work (seemed it had to be twisted in exactly the right position for it to work)

-Outlets behind night table were so loose that it was quite literally impossible for any plugs to stay in outlet without shoving the night table up against them to hold them in; otherwise they all just fell to the ground

-Alarm clock displayed time but buttons and dials to set alarm did not function (even following the instructions handily printed on the clock). Luckily I had the nighttable shoved against the outlight right behind it so my phone could charge and wake me in the morning!

-The topper on the morning of checkout (which I could NOT have let pass if I'd stayed another night) was my shower, which lost about 2/3 of the pressure as I was nearly finished. I wondered whether the room next to me was showering at the same time perhaps? Nope-- I looked down and saw loads of grit, apparently rust, which must have been blocking the shower head. Can't say I really felt fully clean on seeing that, but I had a plane to catch...

My room had a connecting door to the room next to me, and I was able to hear every cough and sneeze and nose blow of the guest next to me over the next 4-5 nights.

Ate breakfast nearly every day at the hotel, and it was good, but over priced. For example: $4 for a 4 oz glass of cranberry juice. Dinner was also good.

If this were a lesser hotel chain, I'd still have issues with the room problems, but my expectations wouldn't have been as high in the first place.

San Mateo, California
Reviewed 20 March 2014

My wife and I stayed here for one night after driving from Ft. Worth through the freeway construction madness. The staff was friendly and efficient, the room clean and the bed comfortable and the bar was a nice place to relax.
We did not eat at the hotel as we chose to eat at Chiloso Mexican Bistro which is right across Campbell from the Hyatt. Excellent Food!!
The Hyatt is easy access to Hwy 75 north and south. Free parking and a nice pool and spa.
I highly recommend this hotel and will stay here again when I am in North Dallas.

Room Tip: Definitely ask for a room on the East side as the West side faces the Light Rail line and Hwy 75.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed 10 March 2014

I had the pleasure of staying at this lovely facility for a conference. Check in was a breeze and there was no problems whatsoever with my reservation. I knew that I was going to have a good stay when I was informed that since I'm a gold member, I was given the opportunity to take advantage of a 2:00 pm checkout time. This was PERFECT because my presentation was at 2:00 pm that Friday afternoon. I didn't have to worry about checking out at 11:00 am and trying to find something to do for the remaining 3 hours. My room what top notch and exceptionally roomy. Internet service will run you approximately $14.95 for 24 hours, although additional timeframes are available. I would've loved complimentary Internet, but again, I know how things run. I ordered room service as a result of not feeling well that Thursday evening, and dinner was a little pricy. However, the gentlemen who delivered dinner was so nice. He brought it in the room, laid everything out, and fixed my beverages for me. I thought that was incredibly sweet of him. I do understand that you pay a little bit extra for convenience. I also took advantage of the Lunch Buffet for $20.00 that Friday afternoon and it was pretty good. There are a couple of eateries across the street, but for me and how I was feeling at the time, it was just more convenient to eat at the hotel. All in all, I had a very pleasant stay and would consider staying here again.

Keller, Texas
Reviewed 8 March 2014

While there is no club level in this hotel, you do get a complementary fresh hot appetizer at the Bar and two free drinks every night of your stay as a diamond member. You also can get free drinks anytime from the pantry area. This is better than having a club level. The rooms are very quiet - you won't hear anyone in a room across from you which is nice. The staff in the restaurant is beyond great. I've stayed here several times this year and it's consistently that way. I had the breakfast buffet today which is also free for elites. Napkins were placed in laps. My wife wasn't feeling well and couldn't join us so the server put together a togo container of food for me. Freshly made omelettes, waffles, and pancakes were brought to our table, no need to wait. The women that seated us heard my wife wasn't feeling well and remembered as we were leaving and said some kind words about that as we left. The experence left an impression - best buffet breakfast service ever in 1000+ nights of hotel stays for me. Thank you Kahsay - you're the best.of the best. If you book a free night, you're paying 5000 points which is the minimum for Hyatt and you're getting the omelette station and freshly prepared food as well as a nice spread with greek yogurt, an assortment of berries and fruits, and fresh made sweet breads. A really excellent breakfast for a category 1 point price unbelievable value. This is your best option in DFW. You will love it!

Room Tip: Elites be sure to get your free appetizers each night off the menu at the bar and 2 free drinks. Thi...
Richardson, Texas
Reviewed 14 February 2014

We had to stay at this hotel due to a fire we had at our home and had no place to go and our treatment at the hotel was far from spectacular. We were put in the noisiest section. I asked what the internet password was and the front desk personnel informed me that " I didn't qualify to get the internet." "Qualify"? So we really felt uncomfortable at the hotel that night and did not stay. The room was clean. And hey....what more could I expect? Our bill was 171.00 for 3 people. I guess we got a good deal according to the "Billing department".
Hyatt's have a reputation of being the best hotels to stay at? I can't say that I agree. I wasn't looking for a "hand out" nor did I get one but I hope there are people who are a little more sensitive to a family's needs than the Hyatt Regency Staff in Richardson, TX!

Room Tip: Our family stayed due to a tragic event at our home. They were not sensitive to any of our needs. P...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank StacyMike
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 1 February 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for the first time on a recent business trip. The Property is nice and staff are terrific. The hotel is located right on I75. I was impressed with the dinner in the hotel restaurant. There is a Starbucks nearby as well. Will be back.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business