“My favorite employees is a very witty waitress named "Toy" in the dining area.”

Hyatt Regency North Dallas/Richardson
Ranked #8 of 18 Hotels in Richardson
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Room was nice, clean, and had a comfortable bed. All staff very friendly, great service. This hotel has a very special gift in a waitress named Toy. She has worked there 24 years and is very appreciative of her employment. She went out of her way a number of times to make us smile and even brought our daughter a special "VIP" gift. What an asset to the Hyatt company!

• Stayed: June 2014

Reviewed 4 June 2014

I stayed at this hotel for a conference. For me, this wasn't the ideal hotel for a conference...unless you were planning on staying at the hotel the entire time. Not many options for restaurants or shopping within walking distance. My room was a little on the small side. Thank goodness it was only me (no wife and/or kids) or that would have been a problem. The food at the conference was okay (not bad or good). Self Parking at the hotel was available and for me, that's a big plus. All in all, I would say that my stay was average.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I have stayed here a few times for business, and the time before last I went home with my body covered in bed bug bites!!!!! They took forever to go away.

A few weeks later by company policy I had to stay here again, my thoughts were no way will my room have bed bugs...so sure enough i took the mattresses and box spring off, and bed bugs! Look at my pics.

After a long day travel and getting in at 1:30am, I packed up and went to another hotel.

DO NOT EVER STAY HERE! They need to close down the hotel and renovate it.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank kaseystewart
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Good value, average hotel. Housekeeping need some improvement (the curtains are dusty!) Given the size of the hotel it has a relatively small swimming pool and hot tub/jacuzzi, extremely crowded. Mystery charge shown on my folio/bill, had to have front desk remove. Sunday paper was not delivered as promised. Nice location (right off I-75), average service.

Room Tip: Higher floor rooms on the north/east side are quieter.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 May 2014

First the good news --This's hotel is gorgeous and spotlessly clean. Everything in the room worked well, as it should. We had a corner room and it was quiet, with the occasional door slam heard. The employees are super-friendly and make you feel very welcome. There is a cool little shopping and restaurant area across the street. Several places had outside tables. So nice? Be sure to visit Urban Eatz! cool sandwich/salad place within walking distance, they sell wine by the glass and beer and the prices are reasonable.

Now the bad news--- this beautiful bed was as hard as a rock. Almost impossible to sleep on. Think low budget 1 star hotel. Sadly, for this reason, we will not be back.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 May 2014

This was a business trip and thank goodness there were no family members. I was in room 706 which had two double beds. The room was well appointed, very clean and modern but small. There was no dressing area, no magnifying mirror and the room is stocked substandard coffee, powdered creamer and the dreaded Sweet and Lo. There is a nice shopping/life style center across the street with several restaurants including a Paneras and a Tex Mex restaurant. I did not eat any meals at the Hyatt. I would stay here again as long as I was solo.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

My hubby picked this hotel for a night away from the kids so we could get some much need rest and relaxation. We arrived around 6 pm on a Friday evening. Parking was easy breezey and check-in swift and friendly.

The lobby is pretty. Our room was a corner king (1621), east facing and spacious. It was excellent in terms of design and layout. Every need was considered, including a comfortable chair, ottoman, floor lamp, plenty of desk space, microwave and fridge area, robes, etc.

Shower was great! Fantastic water pressure and very hot water. Toiletries included shower gel, lotion, shampoo, moisturizer, toothpaste. A card on the desk listed tons of complimentary items upon request, like cotton balls, toothbrushes, etc.

We ordered room service. I over ordered as the Caesar salad was massive and too much for me to finish along with an order of Parmesan garlic wings. The salad came with a delicious bruschetta, croutons and a smoky Caesar dressing. SO unbelievably good. My husband ordered from the "balanced" or healthier eating menu. His salmon came with white bean salad and YUMMY mushrooms. We both ordered desert, pecan and apple pie with ice cream.

The room was quiet and enabled us to sleep well and straight through the night. Something that is impossible with two under 3 at home. :)

The breakfast buffet was about $12-15 per person and had EVERY breakfast item you could imagine, beautifully and efficiently displayed. It was clear the Boots and Brix restaurant staff thought about the most healthy and local foods when putting together the buffet. Some items included chicken sausage, dried mangos, yogurt, oatmeal, breads, eggs from local, farm-raised chickens etc. Toy was an amazing server. She took very good care of us.

We joked about staying at the Hyatt once a month as we felt it was an extremely nice stay. Ticked all the boxes!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple