“Great burger”

Haystack Burgers & Barley
Ranked #4 of 405 Restaurants in Richardson
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Wheelchair Accessible
Dallas, Texas
“Great burger”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

Had the Barnhouse burger and it was wonderful. Especially the grilled poblano on top. The fried pickles were good and loved the chipotle ketchup. Even dipped the pickles in it. I had one of their microbrews - very good. Little greasy but the best burger places always are.

• Visited June 2014

“Unique variety”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

Located in the same shopping strip as the Alamo Drafthouse, the food and service of this place is quite good. I did not have the courage to try the burger on a donut bun, but I did get the chicken fried burger. Not the chicken fried steak burger, the chicken fried burger. The meat was tender and delicious, and the onion strings and chipotle ranch were also quite good. My wife got the Taos chicken sandwich. Just the right amount of spice with guacamole, pico and pablano peppers. The staff was delightful and friendly. We will definitely be going back.

1 Thank PixlPshr
“Excellent food! ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

Wow, this burger joint is excellent. My partner got the veggie patty and it was better than my meat-burger. It was so good I had a moment of thinking I could go vegetarian. That being said my meatful food was also excellent. Good prices, great food. Try the Haymaker beverage if you like bourbon. It is frosty deliciousness.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great burger.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014

We have been several times - for lunch and for dinner. Burgers and fries have been outstanding both times. The staff is super friendly and trying their best with the growing crowds. The owners are on the floor directing traffic and striving to make your visit pleasurable. What more can you ask for?

I'm not sure why people are complaining about the location. It is a burger place - what are they wanting? I love the location - I have been patronizing this shopping center since I was a kid. Haystack is about where the Boy Scout shop was when I shopped for those things - many moons ago. Cool place.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Greg G
Frisco, Texas, USA
“Great burger, not a great location.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Thought we'd try Haystack after the Dallas Morning News listed them as one of DFW's best burger's. The burger's were delicious, but they are located in a retail center off of Central Expressway in Richardson, which is not the nicest location. We had a hard time finding a parking place since there is a movie theater located nearby. You order your burgers at the counter and they bring you your food when it's ready. It's a fairly small facility with a small outdoor patio in front. The waiters were friendly, but forgot to bring our wine until after we received our food.

Visited May 2014