“expectations exceeded” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Richardson
Little Rock, United States
“expectations exceeded”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

I can not relate how nice our experience was at this location. We were in the Dallas area for a Lacrosse tournament and were advised to stay at the Dallas/Richardson site. When we got there our experience was really quite remarkable. The staff were extremely helpful, and accomidiating.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

MagnoliaLodging, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dallas / Richardson, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
So glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, and even better that our hotel exceeded your expectations! I'm especially glad that my team was warm and welcoming, and that our accommodations and services met your needs. And we certainly hope the lacrosse tournament was a success!

Thanks again, and we look forward to welcoming you back!

Happy Holidays,
General Manager, Hilton Garden Inn Dallas/Richardson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2013

The lobby is spacious and comfortable with staff always at your attention. I didn't get to spend any time outside but there is few nice areas to sit and relax next to fountains and artwork.

My one complaint would be the elevator speed. I'm not kidding when I write that you can count to about 3 Mississippi waiting for the doors to close after pressing the door close button.

The rooms are Texas sized with moderately sized TV's and all of the expected amenities one would come to expect.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
MagnoliaLodging, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dallas / Richardson, responded to this review, 25 November 2013
We're so glad you enjoyed your stay with us, and appreciate you choosing our hotel. It looks like overall, your stay was a pleasant one, and I'm especially pleased that my team was warm and welcoming.

I've send a note to our engineer to look into the responsiveness of the elevators, and thank you for bringing that to our attention.

Thanks again for the great review, and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Happy Holidays,
Asheville, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013

This little hotel is in a great location and is a wonderful facility. From the minute I walked in they made me feel special. The staff are all super courteous and friendly and quick to respond to any questions or concerns. The room was very lince, large and clean. The breakfast in the morning was really quite good and the service again was unbeatable. For Saturday night dinner, they recommended a steak place, the Silver Fox, that was excellent and much enjoyed by us and clients we were entertaining. The HGI bar is nice and quiet in the evening and I felt very comfortable there. Fitness room is more than adequate. For the price this place is unbeatable!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
MagnoliaLodging, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dallas / Richardson, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
Thank you very much for the great review, and we're all glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I'm especially pleased that my team went out of their way to be helpful and welcoming, as that's what we work hard to do for all of our guests.

Do try dinner at our restaurant next time - our Chef creates monthly dinner specials that reflect the season and incorporate local, organic ingredients whenever possible.

Thanks again for the great feedback, and we look forward to welcoming you back.

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2013

If you have the opportunity to stay at a Hilton Garden Inn, do it! Price, service, friendliness! They cannot be beat! I have stayed at the some of the most expensive chains, and boudoir hotels. however, this Hilton Garden Inn in Plano is second to none. I chose it because it was close to my conference site. It exceeded my expectation. Staff goes out of the way to please. Facility clean, well kept , beautiful. I'll be going back.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

MagnoliaLodging, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dallas / Richardson, responded to this review, 18 November 2013
Many thanks for the rave review, and we're delighted you enjoyed our stay with us! We're so glad you found our accommodations and services to be 'second to none' - which is exactly what we all strive for. I've forwarded your comments to my team, as everyone will enjoy reading them.

It was our pleasure serving you, and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Milwaukee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2013

Above average HGI property right on the GWB Turnpike. I stayed here for a few nights since it was well located for the appointments I had.

Good:
*Room was clean, large and appeared to be freshly painted
*Free wifi - it worked for the most part
*For a smaller hotel, they have a good workout room. Lots of free weights which is rare.
*Silent air conditioning. This is one of my major pet peeves at hotels, so a system that doesn't wake me up always earns extra credit.
*Convenient to expressway
*Nice common areas with interesting local art

Not Great:
*Located on the GWB, so there is a good amount of road noise. Ask for a back facing room if you're sensitive to that. I had a front facing room and didn't find it troublesome.
*Richardson is not a happening place - there isn't much in the area, and nothing in the immediate vicinity for dinner. You really need a car when staying here.

I can't claim that I'd be rushing back to Richardson, but if I was in the area I would have no problem staying here again.

Room Tip: ask for a back facing room as the hotel faces the turnpike
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Many thanks for the great review, and we appreciate you choosing our hotel while visiting the area. Glad you enjoyed our workout room and our in-house art collection (something we're particularly proud of), and it sounds like overall our accommodations and services met your needs.

If you're looking for dinner plans in the future, I highly recommend our restaurant, located off the lobby. Our chef offers monthly dinner specials that reflect the season and incorporate local ingredients whenever possible. A little taste of Texas unique to our hotel!

Thanks again for the feedback, and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Austin, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013

The team stayed here for a girls Lacrosse tournament up in the area. IT was great to have the girls able to grab a quick bite to eat while I was able to get a made to order breakfast. The rooms were comfortable and clean. The shower was good. The Super shower and fantastic breakfast ! The Hotel is very conveniently located and was easy to get in and out of.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family

Thank David H. F
MagnoliaLodging, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dallas / Richardson, responded to this review, 5 November 2013
Thanks for the great review, and we're so glad you and the team enjoyed your stay with us! We hope the tournament went well, and we're pleased that our breakfast options helped everyone start their day on the right foot.

It was our pleasure serving you, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

LUBBOCK, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2013

Great place to stay in the area, everybody wants to make your stay nice. Will stay again when in the area. The restaurant and bar are places that you want to be very relaxed and clean. All hotels should have the wait staff this property has.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

MagnoliaLodging, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dallas / Richardson, responded to this review, 1 November 2013
So glad you enjoyed your stay with us, and thank you very much for the great comments. I'm especially glad that my team was warm and welcoming, especially the wait staff in the lounge. Our goal is to provide the best experience possible for our guests, and reviews like yours let us know we're on the right track.

Many thanks again, and we hope to see you soon.

General Manager, Hilton Garden Inn Dallas/Richardson
Also consider these accommodations in or near Richardson
Hampton Inn & Suites Dallas / Plano-East
HYATT house Dallas/Richardson
Wingate by Wyndham Richardson/Dallas
Hyatt Regency North Dallas/Richardson
Homewood Suites by Hilton Plano-Richardson
Renaissance Dallas Richardson Hotel

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Dallas / Richardson? Share your experiences!