“Nice hotel stay”

Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Richardson
Missouri City, United States
“Nice hotel stay”
Reviewed 22 August 2014

This hotel was very nice for the price. It was clean and comfortable. The breakfast was not included but good and affordable. The beds and pillows were comfortable. I would recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

MagnoliaLodging, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dallas / Richardson, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Many thanks for your review, and we're delighted you enjoyed your stay with us! Glad to see that our accommodations and amenities met your needs, and especially that you would recommend us to others. We all work hard to provide the best experience possible for our guests, and reviews like yours let us know we're on the right track!

Many thanks again, and we look forward to welcoming you back.

General Manager, Hilton Garden Inn Dallas/Richardson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Abilene, Texas
Reviewed 21 August 2014

This is great inside and out. It was clean, the staff was very friendly, and the breakfast was better than any other HGI I've stayed. (I'm a diamond member so I've seen 100s of them). The only note I'd mention is there is absolutely nothing close to the hotel. No convenience stores and no restaurants so if you need something, you should stop on your way or expect a decent drive once you are here. My only suggestion to the hotel would be to serve lunch. Not sure why they don't.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
MagnoliaLodging, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dallas / Richardson, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
Many thanks for the wonderful review, and we appreciate your feedback, and your choosing our hotel. I'm very glad to see that your stay was a pleasant one, and I've forwarded your comments to my team as everyone will enjoy reading them. We also appreciate your business and loyalty as a Diamond Hilton HHonors member, and I'm especially pleased that our hotel and team made an impression to a seasoned traveler!

Should you need to venture off-property, our complimentary guest shuttle would be happy to take you to nearby destinations - simply inquire at the front desk.

Thank you very much again, and we look forward to welcoming you back!

Spring, Texas
Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

This is a great place to stay. Not a single complaint at all during my stay. I will definitely return to this hotel when in the area in the future.
This is one of the nicest Hilton Garden Inns I have been to.

• Stayed August 2014
MagnoliaLodging, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dallas / Richardson, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
What wonderful comments! Many thanks for the great review, and we're so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. It's especially nice to hear that we're one of the 'nicest Hilton Garden Inns' you've been to; we rely on guest feedback to gauge how we're doing, so it's always rewarding to hear we're on the right track!

It's our pleasure having you as our guest, and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Richardson, TX, United States
Reviewed 12 August 2014

When it was discovered that the wrong room was allocated to me, I was awoken with several loud bangs on the door and repeated phone calls from the lobby asking me to come down and pay the bill. The room was previously booked with a CC on file and because I was checked in to the wrong room, I was told I would need to pay for it as the CC file was no longer available. I had to involve the travel agency to sort through the billing, but the attitude of the staff seemed threatening that I need to pay-up and needed to get out of bed to head down to the lobby to give them payment. Completely unprofessional and frustrating as a loyal Hilton honors member. I would not stay at this hotel again and very unlikely to stay at any Hilton Garden Inns in the future.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Glenn D
MagnoliaLodging, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dallas / Richardson, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
On behalf of my team, I apologize for the issue you experienced during your stay with us, and appreciate you bringing these concerns to our attention. I've followed-up with the front desk and verified that the mistake was indeed on our end, and for that I am truly sorry. We want all of our guests to experience our award-winning hospitality during their stay with us, and I am very sorry that this was not the case in your situation. I have forwarded your review to everyone to ensure we aren't overlooking opportunities to improve our overall guest service and experience. If there is anything we can do to make your next stay a better one, please do not hesitate to ask the front desk; we will always do our best to accommodate you.

Should your travels bring you back to the Richardson area, I hope you will again consider staying at the Hilton Garden Inn Dallas/Richardson. Thank you again for the feedback.

Fort Worth, United States
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Our stay was incredible and honestly beyond our expectation. We were really taken aback with the amenities available and the staff was second to none! We chose to stay at this location because of proximity to Univ of TX at Dallas (UTD) and we weren't expecting much. Our entire family enjoyed the stay in every aspect. We highly recommend this location to anyone needing a place to stay in or near the Richardson, TX area.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

MagnoliaLodging, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dallas / Richardson, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
What a wonderful review, and we're delighted you and your family enjoyed your stay with us! My team and I all work hard to ensure our guests enjoy their stay, so it's truly rewarding to read reviews such as yours. I'm glad our accommodations and amenities met your needs, and that our location was convenient for you. I've forwarded your comments to everyone, as they will all enjoy reading them.

Thanks again, and we look froward to welcoming you back.

Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We recently stayed at this Hilton Garden Inn for the second time and I can say this will be our home in the Plano area! When we stayed there in November, we were very pleased with the hotel facilities and just blown away by the service and friendliness of the staff. This time our stay was a little longer and if anything the service was even better! Due to flight delays, we arrived at the hotel at three in the morning. The young man on the front desk greeted us with courtesy, promptly checked us in, explained where to park, and after he explained how to use the keys to come in the back door, he actually walked to the back door, opened the door for us and walked us to our room! When we asked for ice, he got some for us rather than just pointing to the ice machine (which was next to our room!) He was special, but he was the norm for this hotel. The front desk staff members, restaurant workers, cleaning staff, and everyone always stop what they are doing to offer assistance and they do it with a smile. What a great bunch!. The hotel rooms are very nice, clean and large and very quiet. The pool is small, but nice and has a lovely outdoor patio right off of it.

Last time we stayed there we went to the Silver Fox steak restaurant nearby and I talked about it in my review. The Hilton Garden Inn manager who responded to my review suggested we try the hotel restaurant on our next stay as they think it is great. I am usually not crazy about hotel restaurants, but I figured if someone is that proud of it, I should give it a try. We loved it! It is a lovely casual area with a large bar, served in the same area as the breakfast, and we were surprised at how much we enjoyed it. I had the steak and fries salad and it was great. Lots to steak strips and skinny fries on a delicious salad. Same great service we have come to expect from this place. Thank you all for a very relaxing trip, and we will see you next time.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
MagnoliaLodging, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dallas / Richardson, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
I so enjoyed reading your review, as it brought a big smile to my face! Thank you very much for the wonderful feedback, and for continuing to choose our hotel when visiting the area. We always enjoy hearing from all of our guests, but particularly appreciate feedback from repeat guests, as it helps us gauge the level of service we provide over time. I am simply delighted that you had an even better experience the second time around, and especially that you liked our restaurant! We're very proud of our culinary team and their capabilities, and I'm so glad you got to enjoy it first-hand.

I've forwarded your comments to my team for everyone to enjoy, as guest feedback is always welcomed and appreciated. Many thanks again, and we look forward to welcoming you back!

United States
Reviewed 3 August 2014

I stayed at this hotel based on previous ratings and was VERY pleased. The room was clean and comfortable, the complementary (for me) breakfast was excellent, and the location was central to local amenities. Overall, I would absolutely recommend this hotel based on my experience.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

MagnoliaLodging, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dallas / Richardson, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Wow - what great feedback! We're delighted you enjoyed your stay, and appreciate you choosing our hotel. I'm especially glad to see you chose us based on previous guest feedback; we rely on our guests to tell us how we're doing, and so appreciate it when someone takes the time to give us their feedback. Glad to see our accommodations and amenities met your needs, and especially that you would recommend us to others!

Many thanks again, and we look forward to welcoming you back.

General Manager, Hilton Garden Inn Dallas/Richardson
Also consider these accommodations in or near Richardson
Hampton Inn & Suites Dallas / Plano-East
Hyatt Regency North Dallas/Richardson
HYATT house Dallas/Richardson
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Dallas - Richardson
Wingate by Wyndham Richardson/Dallas
Hampton Inn & Suites Dallas/Richardson

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Dallas / Richardson? Share your experiences!