“Great stay.”

Courtyard Dallas Richardson at Spring Valley
Ranked #11 of 17 Hotels in Richardson
Reviewed 18 March 2013

I always know I will get at least a good nights rest and a comfortable room with Courtyard but this location was extremely reasonable and the service was amazing. Front desk staff was great and the nice lady in the restaurant was so helpful. She took great care of us. The room was nice and the amenities such as wifi, tv, and the business center were great. We were in a hurry to go to the Dallas Stars game and boom we were able to print our tickets quickly without delay.

I have paid abut the same amount for Motel 6 and other cheap-end motels/hotels and gotten what I paid for but at this location I would have gladly paid more. Thankfully it was not pricey and we left very happy - sometimes a rarity in today's poor-service culture.

Room Tip: They charge for the breakfast that is another reason the rate is cheaper. If there is breakfast spec...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Courtyard Dallas Richardson at Spring Valley

Reviewed 14 March 2013

I will probably always stay here if I have a reason to be in Dallas, especially on the weekends. Excellent rates, very large room. We had a double bed suite, and it is 2 separate rooms with a microwave and refrigerator. I didn't purchase breakfast with my room, but ate breakfast on Saturday, they were offering a special. 7.95 rather than 10.95? Full breakfast. We were in town to attend a basketball tournament at the American Airlines Center. This hotel is about a block or two from a DART stop. We parked at the stop because we were getting in at 11 or midnite each nite.

Everyone on staff very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank swok34
Reviewed 8 March 2013 via mobile

I have stayed here on numerous occasions as I pass through Dallas. The property is showing signs of age but the staff makes up for this small shortcoming. It is a great value, especially on the weekends.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed 31 January 2013

I was pleased with my stay at this Courtyard Marriott and would not hesitate to choose it again should I be in the area. It is a pretty typical Courtyard and, at least in my experience, I find Courtyard Marriotts to be pretty decent hotels with reasonable prices. The room was nicely furnished with a good work space, WiFi included, a sofa, a microwave, and a very small refrigerator. The room was clean as were all areas in and around the hotel. The room had a small outdoor balcony. I didn’t use the balcony but the weather was such that I could sleep with the door open, which was nice. The balcony overlook a court yard and there was essentially zero noise at night from the open door I had little interaction with the front desk but, for what interaction I had, they were friendly and helpful. Check in and check out were quick and efficient.

Just a couple small complaints. The lavatory sink drained very , very slowly as the stopper could not be raised. Since housekeeping would have to be aware of the problem if they ever cleaned the sink, it indicates that there may be a problem with communication between housekeeping and maintenance or a lack of follow through by maintenance. I was able to adjust the connection under the sink so that the stopper would open but then it would not close. Apparently, there was a more serious issue than just a mis-adjusted stopper linkage. The carpet was a bit worn in the stairway which does not bother me but may some guests. The bed was a bit soft for me but seem to be of good quality. The sound isolation from hallway to the room is not very good. For my first night, there was a group or several families with kids staying near my room. No misbehavior, just a number of excited kids going in and out, doors banging, etc. After the first night, however, I heard almost nothing even though the hotel was sold out.

The hotel has a hot buffet breakfast available in the lobby every morning. Nothing spectacular but certainly a decent assortment of hot and cold foods that should meet the needs of most breakfast eaters. The buffet was well taken care of and the hostess there was especially friendly. The breakfast is included with some room rates and not with others so, when you are booking a reservation, make sure you know whether or not breakfast is included.
There is not a whole lot of choice for restaurants in the immediate vicinity. Chili’s, Waffle House, and Wendy’s are all within a few minute walk. There are a couple more restaurants if you want to walk 10-15 minutes. There is a CVS store right next to the hotel which was convenient for snacks, forgotten items, etc. In fact, you can see the CVS store from the train station so it makes a good orientation reference when you arrive the first time by DART. Just look for the CVS sign and head for it.

I mainly chose this hotel because it was very close to the DART Spring Valley station (5-minute walk) and appeared to be in a decent neighborhood. I was attending a conference downtown at the Sheraton but could not get any accommodations anywhere nearby it reasonably priced, or even outrageously priced. I did not want to mess with driving downtown plus the parking at the Sheraton was about $25 dollars a day. Riding back and forth on the DART worked nicely with the actual train ride taking about 20 minutes. Trains run about every 20 minutes or better most times of the day. At $5.00 for a whole day ticket, the cost was very reasonable. The posted DART schedules mean little as the trains run when they run so the time between trains is a more critical consideration than the posted schedule for timing purposes.

I also rode the DART to and from DFW which was not such a good experience. Even though I had looked up information on the DART website in advance, I found the information available lacking and confusing for the first time user. On the way in, I chose to come in on the TRE line which requires taking two different airport busses to get to the DFW station. That aspect was not too bad but when I got to the station (which is open air), there was no information available about train schedules and the information about fares on the automated fare machine was confusing and contradictory to what the bus driver told me. Like most DART stations, this station is unstaffed. The worst part, I had to wait over an hour for the train. Once the train got there, the ride in was not too bad and took about 50 minutes including one train change. I came in on a Saturday. The TRE train does not run on Sunday. Weekday trains are probably more frequent.

For the return trip, I decided to try the Orange Line which also has a station near DFW. During peak times, both the orange line and the red line run to Spring Valley but during off-peak times only the red line goes there. I went during off-peak time so took the red line and then transferred to the orange line which only added about 10 minutes time. The trip from Spring Valley to the Belt Line Station near DFW took one and one-half hours but that is not the end of the story. There is a bus that goes from Belt Line Station to terminal A and is supposed to run about every 15 minutes. After waiting over 30 minutes and no sign of the bus, one of the other people waiting went over and talked to the driver of another bus waiting at the station who then called dispatch. Turns out our bus had broken down. They then redirected another bus that was waiting at the station and got us to the airport. When all was done, it was nearly 2 and one-half hours from the time I walked out of the hotel to the time I arrived in the airport terminal, much longer than I had expected and I barely made my flight. Thanks goodness there was no line at security. So, if you have plenty of time, DART is okay, and very economical ($2.50), for getting to-from the airport. Otherwise, take a taxi (~$50) or rent a car.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 December 2012

Room quiet and comfortable. Rate was excellent. Care of property lacking a little. Stains in carpet and walls, wallpaper peeling. Not terrible, but noticeable. One of two TV's in the room did not work. Heater worked ok, but thermostat was off by 20 degrees. If I set the thermostat to 50 we were comfortable. Hotel staff a little grumpy about bringing extra pillows to room and making fold out couch into bed. This is the Marriott, not Motel 6. I'm not interested in coming to the front desk for sheets.

Overall a decent hotel with a great value rate. We will definitely be back.

Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 December 2012

It is a very standard Courtyard with a few surprises - 1. A microwave and a good-size fridge in the room; 2. I asked for a room change and the clerk agreed to it without any fuss; 3. The TV did not work and within minutes of reporting the issue, a lady came to fix it.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 December 2012

Several of us stayed at this property in mid-December on business close to the hotel. It delivers what Courtyard promises--speedy check-in, well-trained and friendly staff, comfortable rooms, reliable (and free) wi-fi, and design that allows guests to relax and work in peace and quiet. The rooms and bathrooms are large, the work space is well-designed, and the layout is easy on guests. There is coffee available in the lobby all day. They do not have the Bistro concept (yet?). The manager overseeing food and beverage was terrific. Rates were terrific, too.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business