“Really love the Bistro”

Courtyard Dallas Richardson at Spring Valley
Ranked #11 of 18 Hotels in Richardson
Reviewed 2 August 2013

This is the first Courtyard that I have been in that had the new Bistro design. I was very impressed. It's a very nice touch for travelers especially. Place to get some food, a drink and can sit comfortably, plug in my laptop and catch up. I will go back here

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Excessbaggage317
rebau051, General Manager at Courtyard Dallas Richardson at Spring Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2013

Hello Excessbaggage:

Thank you so much for taking the time to rate our property. Just wanted to reconfim with you that you were at the Richardson Spring Valley Hotel? Our Bistro is schduled to be installed in a few months, but is not in service as of today. Please confirm and thank you again for your time. -Lynn Martin-

Reviewed 26 July 2013

Let me start by saying this is probably the quietest hotel I have ever stayed in. The other customers, inside my room, the parking lot and even the pool was quiet. We were there for a Saturday, Sunday and Monday (checking out Tuesday) My room was fantastic and I look forward to my future trips in August (I already scheduled my rooms). My son is starting at UT Dallas so I wanted a place that was convenient but also had some of the things I like in a hotel. This one had it. I got the king suite which had a bedroom with a door separate from the rest of the area. My son only stayed the first night and slept on the couch bed in the living area but had his own tv and “room” also. The den had a balcony which is one of the things that is important to me. (I don’t feel so cooped up with a balcony.)

The TV’s in both rooms were large and had digital cable including HBO. The bed was pretty comfortable (not a sleep number bed but it was still nice). The room was a bit musty smelling with a clean smell over it, mostly due to being an older hotel most likely. Nothing horrific, I could handle it due to the fact the room was so quiet, that won the toss-up. Unlike most hotels, the room was closed off from the main door in the living area (when the bedroom door was closed) so I did not hear other guests, nor any of the annoying door shutting that typically drives me crazy. I never heard a kid running down the hall or loud talking, or even my next door neighbor. At one point I looked out of the balcony to see if there were actually other human beings there. It was almost eerie (but I loved it).

Next door was a Chili’s and CVS (walking distance). There was an IHop down the street as well as several other establishments. For a spectacular hamburger with a fun environment I suggest “The Twisted Root” off Campbell.

I didn’t swim in the pool but it seemed like a normal pool. Staff was nice and courteous. There is only one thing I would change if I was Marriott; I would add a full mirror to the bedroom.

If you keep in mind this is an older hotel and stay for the convenience to Hwy 75 and surrounding areas, not to mention the quietness of the hotel itself it is worth it. I had a great stay and was pleasantly surprised. We will be back again and again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Angela S

Dear Angela:

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to write this detailed review. Many of our guests do mention how quiet the property is so thank you for highlighting that attribute. Also wanted to mention that our total hotel renovation is just a few months away so this will provide a fresh new perspective to your stay in the future. Also, thanks for mentioning your suggestion to add a mirror in the bedroom, we will look at this possibility. We look forward to having you back in the near future.
-Lynn Martin-

Reviewed 21 July 2013

I was travelling for business purpose to visit TI near-by office, the hotel was very nice, clean and comfortable room. The staff was kind and responsive. The breakfast was fine and the host was friendly. Large parking near the rooms with direct access. Overall, very nice place to stay.

Room Tip: You can choose either towards parking or pool
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Yossi C

Dear Yossi:

Thank you for your recent stay with us and taking time to review our hotel. Glad to hear you had a great stay while visiting the TI campus. We look forward to having you back in the near future. Also wanted to inform you that we have added a local area shuttle, so if you need a ride over to TI, just let us know at the Front Desk. We will see you soon!
-Lynn Martin-

Reviewed 19 May 2013

Very convenient to local Richardson offices. It is old, worn out, and no extras. The plus: inexpensive and quiet. The minus: uncomfortable mattress and pillows needed replacement. Checked in after midnight and toilet would not flush. Front desk managed to improperly swipe credit card and set off MC alert requiring late night phone call. I got what I paid for but, for another $50 a night, there were better choices.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Celerity
Lynn M, General Manager at Courtyard Dallas Richardson at Spring Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2013

Dear Celerity:

Thank you for taking the time to review the Spring Valley Courtyard. I was dissappinted to hear that your mattress and pillows were not comfortable and about the toilet problem. This would be an extremely rare occuance at our property but we recognize that your experience was not acceptable. I would like to note the following fo your review:

1. The pillows are currently being replaced at a rapid pace as the Mariott standards have been renewed and each property is replenshing the supply. Your may may have had some of the older pillows at the time which may not have been as comfortable.
2. The mattresses will be renewed and repalced during our upcoming renovation process.
3. The credit card swipe problem you mentioned - I have insufficient information to diagnosis the root cause of this, so please call the property directly to disuccs with us how the process works and we can review together to see what happened.
Basically, its unacceptable for any of our guests to have a less than outstanding stay at our property. Please contact me directly and I would love to have you back at the hotel in the future at a discount so you experience a great stay at our property.

Lynn Martin, General Manager

Reviewed 1 May 2013

Clean hotel with decent-sized rooms. Bed was comfortable, but the fitted sheet would not stay on the mattress. Very quiet too. Didn't pay extra for breakfast, but it looked good, although nothing special. Location is great, with easy access to I-75. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank tdthread
rebau051, General Manager at Courtyard Dallas Richardson at Spring Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2013

Dear Tdthread:

So glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us overall. I will also have Housekeeping check on the fitted sheet not staying on your bed, that could be frustrating. Thank you so much for your feedback and for staying at the Spring Valley Courtyard in Richardson, we look forward to having you back with us in the future.

Reviewed 25 April 2013

Comfy beds. Decent bathroom. Rooms kept very clean, although some of the corridors could do with a spruce up.
My room (mid Northern side) was very quiet most evenings although Fri & Sat nights were typically noisier. No traffic noise.
Very small gym. Functional but with only a few bits of gear. Laundry took quarters - one washer, one dryer. Both located near South-Western corner.
Spa was under repair during my stay but looked as if it could cope with quite a few people.
Pool looked great - but not much fun in Jan/Feb.
Plenty of parking. Quiet side street.
CVS about 2 min walk, right next to a Chilis. Many more restaurants only a few minutes drive.
Primarily business travelers during the 2 weeks I was there.
If staying solo, guard your breakfasts! Three mornings in a row they cleared my table, more than once, the moment I went to get something else to eat! The food is very average. The coffee was actually pretty good - hot & strong, and the woman in charge was real friendly but I simply found it less hassle going to the iHop across the expressway.

Room Tip: Rooms quieter on the Northern side away from the conference areas. Stay away from the rooms adjacent...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank EtheB
rebau051, General Manager at Courtyard Dallas Richardson at Spring Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2013

Dear Mr. Etheb:

Thank you for staying with us and completing the review on tripadvisor. Very glad to hear that your stay was great overall and I wanted to provide you with some feedback on the other items you mentioned. Our area, exercize facilites and hallways are in the planning stages for complete renovation and repurposing at this time. We apologize if this created any confusion, but please know that we are in the process of updating and redefining spaces in the hotel to better servce our guests. You mentioned too that they cleared your breakfast dishes too quickly and wanted to let you know that we discussed this in our Restaurant meetings to add some aditional communication with the guest before clearing. Courtyard by Marriott is moving toward a concept named the Bistro for guest dining. The Bistro offers an alacarte menu of fabulous freshly prepared items for breakfast and dinner! As we move into this new concept, we feel certain that you will find our food offering well above average. In the meantime, please do not hesitate to reach out to us on your next stay with any suggestions you might have for the buffet. Thank you again for your feedback and we look forwward to serving you again in the near future.

Reviewed 19 April 2013

This is an excellent choice for travelers who are seeking an economical stay as well as some comfort. I was satisfied with this Courtyard on both points. The room was very comfortable and clean. It was also rather spacious. The staff was very pleasant and helpful. The only downside, which is relatively minor is that there is not many restaurants to walk to. Your options are either room delivery. So, if your stay is for a few days, it would be helpful to have a rental car. I really enjoyed this hotel!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business

Dear David L:

Thank you very much for your review of the Spring Valley Courtyard. We are so glad that your stay was pleasant and enjoyable. Also, wanted to let you know that the property has added complimentary shuttle service to our available services since your stay. This shuttle can take you to local restaurants in the area (more than 20) for your enjoymnent. Thank you again and we look forward to serving you again into the future.

Lynn Martin