“Reasonable and close to the DART”

Courtyard Dallas Richardson at Spring Valley
Ranked #11 of 17 Hotels in Richardson
Oklahoma
“Reasonable and close to the DART”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

We stayed at the Courtyard Dallas Richardson at Spring Valley because it was so close to the DART station. I was impressed with our room, that included a refrigerator and microwave at no additional charge. The room was clean, well furnished and the bed and pillows were great. The DART is only a couple blocks away with a Park and Ride lot. We were quite pleased with the room, the rates and the location. This is a location we will look at in the future as a great place to stay when coming in for a concert. The DART takes you right to the American Airlines Stadium. We were very pleased!!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank srmariein3d
Lynn M, General Manager at Courtyard Dallas Richardson at Spring Valley, responded to this review, 15 October 2013
Dear Srmariein3D:

Thank you for taking the time to review the Spring Valley Courtyard. As other guests have mentioned, the Dart Rail is very close and makes travel to Downtown or the State Fair convenient and easy. Also glad you enjoyed the beds, and in room refrigerators/microwaves. We look forward to serving you again the next time you are in Richardson.

Lynn Martin

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Turkish first
Brooklyn Center, Minnesota
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Ive been to Dallas, TX many, many, many times and stayed at several hotels but this one right here....was by far the best. I have no complaints at all. Wait, I only have one...I wish the cleaning people made their rounds earlier in the day so we could get clean linens without having to ask for them but other than that my stay was wonderful. The lobby was clean, staff was helpful, rooms were very spacious (because I asked for a corner room). The next time I visit Dallas, I will DEFINATELY be staying at this hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms on the first floor, facing the courtyard are the best, I think they call those "inside&qu...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank nunyab616
Dear Mariein3d:

A sincere thank you from the staff at the Spring Valley Courtyard for reviewing our hotel. We are so glad that you enjoyed the Dart Rail being so close by and that the hotel was clean and comfortable for you. Best wishes to you and your family and please let us know when you would like to return so that we can servce you again!

Lynn Martin
General Manger
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 7 September 2013 via mobile

Have stayed here twice and has maintained it's high standards. The beds and linens are exceptional. The rooms are smallish, but we had rooms facing the courtyard which provide a sliding glass door/screen door which provides more access and the fresh air component (when it's not 100 degrees in Texas). AC, fridge, microwave, hair dryer all in great shape and working order. Nice touch is the ceramic coffee mugs in the room (not the usual styrofoam). Breakfast Buffett is a little pricey, but offers a nice spread. 24 comp coffee station. I guess the only drawback I could find was getting ice meant going all the way to the front desk. Other than that, staff is professional, friendly and very accommodating.
There are numerous signs posted in the parking lot regarding security issues, but I didn't feel our safety was ever in question (by either the neighborhood or the clientele). Sleep well.

• Stayed September 2013
3 Thank VinGins
Lynn M, General Manager at Courtyard Dallas Richardson at Spring Valley, responded to this review, 3 October 2013
Dear VinGins:

Thank you for taking the time to review the Spring Valley Courtyard. We are so glad to hear that most of your stay was pleasant and comfortable while you were in Richardson. Also wanted to note that there is an ice machine on each upper floor (near the elevator) and first floor on the south side of the building. During your next stay we will be glad to direct you to those facilites if this is more convenient for you. Additionally, feel free to come to the lobby and staf will retrieve ice for your from the kitchen. The parking lot signs are standard signage for hotels in an urban market. We look forward to your return and please let us know if we can do anything for you in advance of your stay to make things exceptional for you. Sincerely.
Lynn Martin, General Manager.
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 2 August 2013

This is the first Courtyard that I have been in that had the new Bistro design. I was very impressed. It's a very nice touch for travelers especially. Place to get some food, a drink and can sit comfortably, plug in my laptop and catch up. I will go back here

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Excessbaggage317
rebau051, General Manager at Courtyard Dallas Richardson at Spring Valley, responded to this review, 5 August 2013
Hello Excessbaggage:

Thank you so much for taking the time to rate our property. Just wanted to reconfim with you that you were at the Richardson Spring Valley Hotel? Our Bistro is schduled to be installed in a few months, but is not in service as of today. Please confirm and thank you again for your time. -Lynn Martin-
Richmond, TX
Reviewed 26 July 2013

Let me start by saying this is probably the quietest hotel I have ever stayed in. The other customers, inside my room, the parking lot and even the pool was quiet. We were there for a Saturday, Sunday and Monday (checking out Tuesday) My room was fantastic and I look forward to my future trips in August (I already scheduled my rooms). My son is starting at UT Dallas so I wanted a place that was convenient but also had some of the things I like in a hotel. This one had it. I got the king suite which had a bedroom with a door separate from the rest of the area. My son only stayed the first night and slept on the couch bed in the living area but had his own tv and “room” also. The den had a balcony which is one of the things that is important to me. (I don’t feel so cooped up with a balcony.)

The TV’s in both rooms were large and had digital cable including HBO. The bed was pretty comfortable (not a sleep number bed but it was still nice). The room was a bit musty smelling with a clean smell over it, mostly due to being an older hotel most likely. Nothing horrific, I could handle it due to the fact the room was so quiet, that won the toss-up. Unlike most hotels, the room was closed off from the main door in the living area (when the bedroom door was closed) so I did not hear other guests, nor any of the annoying door shutting that typically drives me crazy. I never heard a kid running down the hall or loud talking, or even my next door neighbor. At one point I looked out of the balcony to see if there were actually other human beings there. It was almost eerie (but I loved it).

Next door was a Chili’s and CVS (walking distance). There was an IHop down the street as well as several other establishments. For a spectacular hamburger with a fun environment I suggest “The Twisted Root” off Campbell.

I didn’t swim in the pool but it seemed like a normal pool. Staff was nice and courteous. There is only one thing I would change if I was Marriott; I would add a full mirror to the bedroom.

If you keep in mind this is an older hotel and stay for the convenience to Hwy 75 and surrounding areas, not to mention the quietness of the hotel itself it is worth it. I had a great stay and was pleasantly surprised. We will be back again and again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Angela S
Dear Angela:

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to write this detailed review. Many of our guests do mention how quiet the property is so thank you for highlighting that attribute. Also wanted to mention that our total hotel renovation is just a few months away so this will provide a fresh new perspective to your stay in the future. Also, thanks for mentioning your suggestion to add a mirror in the bedroom, we will look at this possibility. We look forward to having you back in the near future.
-Lynn Martin-
Gedera, Israel
Reviewed 21 July 2013

I was travelling for business purpose to visit TI near-by office, the hotel was very nice, clean and comfortable room. The staff was kind and responsive. The breakfast was fine and the host was friendly. Large parking near the rooms with direct access. Overall, very nice place to stay.

Room Tip: You can choose either towards parking or pool
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Yossi C
Dear Yossi:

Thank you for your recent stay with us and taking time to review our hotel. Glad to hear you had a great stay while visiting the TI campus. We look forward to having you back in the near future. Also wanted to inform you that we have added a local area shuttle, so if you need a ride over to TI, just let us know at the Front Desk. We will see you soon!
-Lynn Martin-
San Diego, California
Reviewed 19 May 2013

Very convenient to local Richardson offices. It is old, worn out, and no extras. The plus: inexpensive and quiet. The minus: uncomfortable mattress and pillows needed replacement. Checked in after midnight and toilet would not flush. Front desk managed to improperly swipe credit card and set off MC alert requiring late night phone call. I got what I paid for but, for another $50 a night, there were better choices.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Celerity
Dear Celerity:

Thank you for taking the time to review the Spring Valley Courtyard. I was dissappinted to hear that your mattress and pillows were not comfortable and about the toilet problem. This would be an extremely rare occuance at our property but we recognize that your experience was not acceptable. I would like to note the following fo your review:

1. The pillows are currently being replaced at a rapid pace as the Mariott standards have been renewed and each property is replenshing the supply. Your may may have had some of the older pillows at the time which may not have been as comfortable.
2. The mattresses will be renewed and repalced during our upcoming renovation process.
3. The credit card swipe problem you mentioned - I have insufficient information to diagnosis the root cause of this, so please call the property directly to disuccs with us how the process works and we can review together to see what happened.
Basically, its unacceptable for any of our guests to have a less than outstanding stay at our property. Please contact me directly and I would love to have you back at the hotel in the future at a discount so you experience a great stay at our property.

Lynn Martin, General Manager