“Not great” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #12 of 17 Hotels in Richardson
Albany, New York, United States
“Not great”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2014 via mobile

Not a great Holiday Inn - certainly not up to standards. This hotel is in need of an update. The workout room was dated, the treadmill had to be from the 80s, if not older. The hotel had my reservation, but they assigned the wrong IHG Rewards number to my account. Clearly a lack of attention to detail. Hotel needs to be refreshed. My room door's chain lock was broken.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Abdul B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Dallas-Richardson, responded to this review, 20 March 2014
We appreciate you taking the time to post a review and give us the feedback. I am extremely Sorry for your bad experience at the hotel. We recently took over this hotel and working with major designing firm to have this hotel renovated in near future. please let us know When coming back to the richardson area so we can have a newer room assign to your reservations for your future needs.

Regards

Management

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2014

I didnt have Ritz Carlton expectations coming in but knew this hotel would suffice. The location is convenient to where I was working and also is not far from Collins, where you can find a decent amount of places to eat while away on business. I definitely feel the breakfast was the strong point of the stay as the gym was average (low in cardio machines) and rooms were comfortable but non working lights switches and a bit of dirtyness made it become average. Would recommend for a quick stay that only requires a place to lay your head at night.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Abdul B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Dallas-Richardson, responded to this review, 20 March 2014
Thank you for your great feedback . We strive very hard here on customer service. I do apologize for the size and condition of the room, We make sure to do as many improvements as possible to create a great stay. Please give us a call when making your next reservation.

Hartley Wintney, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2013

I could give a 3.5 score, but not a 4. The room was quiet and comfortable, with clean bathroom and bedding. There's a reasonably well equipped gym. The hotel seemed to have lost their liquor licence, though they managed to rustle up some food and apologetically offered complimentary wine - so it would be churlish to complain. The breakfast selection was poor, however - more like a HI Express offering.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Dallas-Richardson, responded to this review, 23 December 2013
Dear aquaactionimage,

Thank you so much for your feedback. It was very rewarding to hear that you like our comfortable room accommodations. I am sorry that your stay with us did not meet your expectations and I apologize for any inconvenience the food selections and service may have caused you. We appreciate your feedback and allowing us the opportunity to address these issues with the appropriate department. We hope to see you again soon.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare
Concord, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2013

This hotel felt more like home. Wonderful associates and very clean rooms. I had an unfortunate situation of breaking my cell phone and anytime I needed a phone to reach family or work Amjad, the General Manager allowed me use of his office phone and even offered his personal cell. With the stress of this situation he eased my worries. Also Danny was the best. Always making sure I was taken care of from the time I checked in to the time I went home. I will definitely return.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Amjad A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Dallas-Richardson, responded to this review, 18 October 2013
Greetings JSW17,

Thank you so much for your generous words of praise for a job well done. Your review of our management, staff and hotel is very appreciated and we were honored to have you as our guest. We will share your words with all of our employees and it will empower us even more to be the absolute best hospitality service providers! Please contact us when you plan a return visit to the Holiday Inn - Richardson and we will roll out the red carpet for you!

Kindest regards,

Norman
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2013

I made reservations for 6 couples in the middle of September for OU/TX weekend. We have stayed at this hotel for 10 years...always pleased, recommending it to everyone. Upon arrival, we found that the king size rooms I had reserved were changed to double. We have two men well over 6 feet tall, and a double (not queen) was not acceptable. I had the e-mail where the sales manager asked me if we were requesting king beds, and I responded "yes ma'am". They informed me that this could not be changed because no king beds were available, and the sales manager was not there. I left her a note, but wasn't aware that she wouldn't be back until Monday!! NOTHING was done to make this right. We had breakfast for 2 people on both days. If anything, I think that should have been comped for us. I'm waiting for a response from the sales manager, but so far...NOTHING. I just can't believe there wasn't ONE person in the office who could make this right for us. Frustrating at $121 per night!! We will not be going back to this hotel...nor will we be recommending it in the future. On the plus side, the rooms were clean.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Amjad A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Dallas-Richardson, responded to this review, 16 October 2013
Dear Cym20,

Thank you for your review and for letting us know where we may have fell short in regards to your room needs. We always do our best to accomodate any room prefrences that you may have and might have been more limited on some room types because of the TX/OU weekend. Please anticipate a call from someone in our sales department to follow up on your review. The staff and management at the Holiday Inn Richardson wish to see you again and continue to have you as our guest during your time in the Dallas area.

Best regards,

Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2013

The outside of the hotel looked nice, the lobby was nice. Things changed once we got into the elevator and on our floor. The hallway decor was old. The actual room is ugly. The furniture is run down, very disapointing for what the room costs regularly. The bed and bedding were good . Comfortable and clean, not the ugly bedspreads some hotels have. We got a half priced deal , and the first thing my hubby said was " I'm glad we didn't pay full price, we would've gotten a refund and stayed somewhere else." My absolute biggest complaint is the odd sink outside of the bathroom. It's a joke. There is no lighting so forget doing your makeup. It's ridiculously small too. I keep looking for another lightswitch because it was so absurd. The coffe pot was a one cup that didn't work. No coffee was available in the lobby that we could see. My husband had to go to McDonald's for coffee. What hotel doesn't provide coffee in the morning? This one! Overall this hotel was a disappointment. I would not stay here again. Go somewhere that has free breakfast and coffee. The lobby and outside fool you.

Room Tip: It's just a room to sleep in. Amenities are not good. Room was ugly. Just pick another hotel. We...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Amjad A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Dallas-Richardson, responded to this review, 12 October 2013
Dear nursejennings,

Thank you for your time to let us know about your recent stay with us. We sincerely wish to extend an apoligy to you that your expirence with us was not as favorable as it should have been. The management and staff at the Holiday Inn - Richardson pride ourselves on providing the very best in service and satisfaction and hope to have the opportunity to be your host again and prove ourselves as the proud service professionals we strive to be. Thank you again for bringing your concerns to our attention and be assured that we will address the issues that your expirenced.

Best regards,

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2013 via mobile

We named our own price and got the room for $44 and its a pretty clean building. They have a pool inside and outside but we did not use them. The gym is nicer than other cheaper hotels I've stayed at. When we first checked in, we had a room with two twins, but the lady at the desk said she would switch us to a king room, which was nice since it was my boyfriend and I that were staying in a room together. She was very nice and happily switched us. The only thing I didn't really like is the be is not as comfortable as it looks and on the king bed you get 4 tiny pillows instead of king size. So it's hard to sleep on a tiny pillow when you are rolling in your sleep unless you line up all the pillows in a row. It was nice having free Internet. We did eat at this hotel but we drove to House Cafe which is only 6 minutes away and ate breakfast. They give you big portions for the price.

All in all this is a good value for the price we paid.

• Stayed June 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Amjad A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Dallas-Richardson, responded to this review, 24 June 2013
Thank you so much for taking your time to respond and give us your feedback regarding your recent stay to the Holiday Inn-Richardson. We are very glad that your expirence was a pleasurable one and hope that you will use us as your preferred hotel whenever in the Richardson/Dallas area. It is our goal to always surpass your expectations when staying with us!