“Average ”

Holiday Inn Dallas-Richardson
Ranked #12 of 17 Hotels in Richardson
Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

For what I paid on priceline, it was worth the cost.
Front desk service was quick & friendly.
The hotel is outdated and needs some TLC like the other TA posts write.
The rooms are average & should get remodeled. The bed was comfortable so there's a plus.
Overall it was clean.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Abdul B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Dallas-Richardson, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2014

We are happy to hear that our employees continue to excel when it comes to guest service. And we could not agree with you more regarding the current condition of the rooms. Perhaps you may have noticed the story boards located next to the front desk showing the great plans we have in store! As we just purchased the property a few months ago, we have been working closely with a great design firm to develope the "next generation" of the Holiday Inn Dallas Richardson. We have just completed 2 demo rooms, and as soon as IHG approves the design we will be commencing renovations on ALL of the guest rooms. We will also be renovating the common areas after that. With in a year, we hope to be the newest, best, and busiest hotel in the Richardson area. We would love to have you stay with us again after the rooms are updated to show you just how beautiful the property will be. Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to seeing you soon!

Mike Lysell
Front Office Manager

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Dallas-Richardson

Reviewed 15 August 2014

I've stayed here several weeks this year and I come back for 1 reason. The customer service. Mike and the rest of the team are very attentive to my needs. They sign for packages and set me up with rooms on the 6th floor which apparrently are in better shape than some others. They have a big remodel planned so after that maybe they will rate a 5, at least from me.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Abdul B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Dallas-Richardson, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Thank you for your kind words. Guest service is our highest priority, so it's always nice to hear that we are continuing to deliver. And we are as excited as you are about the renovations. They will be underway any day now and we can't wait to provide our guests with a "brand new" hotel.

Mike Lysell
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 24 July 2014

We booked a room (409) for one night. I had to be up early the next morning for a medical procedure. THis holiday inn was very ill kept. Housekeeping is bad. Our room had splatters on the walls that obviously were missed by housekeeping for awhile, the shower area ceiling has black mold all over, with nails sticking out of ceiling, the toilet seat had a large cigarette burn (non-smoking room), there was molding missing from the sink area, all in all, it was not a very clean room. My sister and her husband also stayed the one night, and had to switch rooms 3 times in one night due to dirtiness and other issues in each room. They will write their own review. WHen we went to check out the indoor and outdoor pool, both looked dirty and unkept. No one was in either pool. I was very disappointed with this stay and will never recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: Chose a different hotel, there are several nearby.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Dallas-Richardson, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2014

Dear SusanBum1,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at Holiday Inn Dallas-Richardson, TX. It is regrettable you were not satisfied with the service you received. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 20 July 2014

Stayed here for a four-day conference. The staff is A-one; very helpful, professional, courteous, and hospitable. The rooms on the other hand are in desperate need of a make-over; very dated decor and the tub drain was slow to empty, wall cracks near the window. A remodel is planned for later this year. There are design plans and textile swatches on display in the lobby. I would be willing to try them again after the remodel. My a/c worked perfectly but was a bit loud; room was well ventilated and clean. TV quality was great. Free wifi tipped the scales to overall acceptable.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Abdul B, Manager at Holiday Inn Dallas-Richardson, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with such a detailed overview of your recent stay. I am extremely happy to hear that you enjoyed our location and accommodations, and found our staff to be friendly. We are excited about the face lift of this hotel, Like you mentioned Design boards are placed in lobby for our guest to see he up coming changes,, We would love to have back at our hotel where you will be able to stay in our newly renovated rooms.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

We stayed here for a family event close by. The lobby seemed updated, but the rooms were in desperate need of TLC! All the plumbing needed work...drains were slow and the toilet needed to be held down for a good 30 seconds to flush completely. The hallways have NO air which means they are HOT! The floors in the room seemed damp, not sure why! The staff was rude and unhelpful. The crib for my baby was filthy...thank goodness I had sense to wipe it down before I put her in it (most hotels today have pack and plays with the covers that can be washed...haven't seen a crib in some time!). The restaurant was not good. Buffet style...and then they charged me for kids when they were suppose to be free...I guess anything to get a buck! Overall, I would never stay her again! It's really a two star on three stars clothing...so disappointed!

• Stayed: June 2014
Abdul B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Dallas-Richardson, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Thank you for sharing your comments with us. Unfortunately this is not a forum that allows me to make things right to you.I can certainly apologize to you for your experience with us here at the Holiday Inn Richardson.Guest satisfaction is our primary goal and I would love the opportunity to make this right for you for your next visit. We are about to start a major face lift for this hotel. and would love to have you back at this hotel to celebrate the Big change with us. Please feel free to call me or email me directly so we can discuss your concerns about your stay.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

I stayed here on a business trip 8-13 June and it met my needs perfectly. The room was spacious and clean with good facilities. The staff were excellent, nothing was too much trouble for them. Our breakfast waitress, Betsy, deserves a particular mention - greeted with a smile every morning, helpful and polite. It was a great start to the day.Breakfast selection was good with both cooked and continental options. I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014
Abdul B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Dallas-Richardson, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Thank you for your recent stay with us and reviewing our property. We aim to provide the best possible service and experience and it is always great to know from our guests on how we are doing. I will definitely pass on the message to Betsy who is one of our star and long term employee at this hotel.

Abdul Bheda

Reviewed 5 May 2014

My husband and I stay at Holiday Inn's because the quality is consistent and it's modernized. I totally regretted ever saying that because not this Holiday Inn! The room was dingy and still stuck in the 80's! The furniture, wall paper, curtains, pictures on the wall, bathroom sink, cabinets, bathroom tile, and rug were all 80's decor! I'm actually shocked that the decor/facility hasn't been remodeled already. We used the pool and again, the entire pool area/gym was 80's style. The pool was decent size and entertained my daughter but there was hair clumped to the pipes coming out of the dolphin fountain. Breakfast buffet was also decent but not worth $14 if it didn't come with the room price. Area surrounding the hotel was okay and there was always parking. I would not stay again because I like modern hotels. If you want to relive the 80's, maybe watch Knight Rider while eating a t.v. dinner, then this is the place for you!!!!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Abdul B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Dallas-Richardson, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Thank you for your recent stay with us and reviewing our property. We aim to provide the best possible service and experience and it is always great to know from our guests on how we are doing. We are sorry that this visit was a disappointment for you due to the condition of the hotel lobby and cleanliness of bath tub. We are working on improving on the aspects you have highlighted in the review with up coming major hotel renovation including Lobby area and sleeping rooms and we hope we can show you what we have done in the future.

General Manager ,