“Friendly staff, quiet and clean room, excellent breakfast!”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Dallas - Richardson
Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Richardson
United States
“Friendly staff, quiet and clean room, excellent breakfast!”
Reviewed 9 December 2013

Most of my time was spent working, so I did not pay too much attention to the amenities. The title says it all, friendly staff, quiet and clean room, excellent breakfast! What else could any reasonable person want.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Brenda W, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Dallas - Richardson, responded to this review, 27 December 2013
Thank you for staying with us for work and we appreciate you positive comments, which we have shared with the other departments and their staff. We hope you will have an opportuity to stay with us in the future.
Brenda

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
San Jose, United States
Reviewed 9 December 2013

Rooms were clean and had plenty of room. It was nice to have a mini-frig and microwave in the room along with a self-serve save. The sleep number bed did not function and the bed had a dip in the middle. The mattress probably needs to be replaced. The staff at the DoubleTree was very friendly and efficient. Excellent staff.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your positive comments. The hotel does have very spacious guest rooms with a lot of amenitiesl. I apologize about the "Sleep number bed". We are getting rid of those and have the new Hilton Beds replacing them. Some have already been replaced and we have more arriving after the first of the year. I have passed on to the Staff your comments about their service levels and I know they were very happy to here them. We hope to have yoiu stay with us in the future.
Harlingen, Texas
Reviewed 8 December 2013

Have stayed here several times in the past. Was a bit disappointed this trip. Bathtub was dirty, it was slow-draining so the filth from the previous guest was still in the tub. So, needless to say we stood in our own dirty water as well. The tub had large chips in the paint. Light bulb was out over the vanity. Had to call for drinking glasses as there were none in our room. TV was messed up, losing the picture periodically. Were going to shop in their little souvenir shop but were met with a sign that read "DO NOT TOUCH T-SHIRTS! We will help!" So, we didn't buy anything. Loved the cookies though!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Ali12384
Brenda W, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Dallas - Richardson, responded to this review, 10 December 2013
I apologize for any inconvenience you experienced during your stay. The General Manager will be meeting with the Managers to discuss your comments from your stay and how we can make sure it doesn't happen again. We appreciate your business and do hope you will stay with us again. If you ever have challenges please call the CARE Line and let them know so we can correct the problems or move you to a guest room that is to your satisfaction.
Yokohama, Japan
Reviewed 6 December 2013

This was my first stay in double tree hotel, that too for 3 weeks. I was 100% satisfied. The front desk peoples are very friendly, especially i would like to say thanks to Mr. Alex, the best guy i met, who always ready to help the guest. Also i would like to say thanks to Mr. Ezequiel, shuttle driver, who is very kind and helping us every time.

I strongly recommend to stay in this hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
We appreciate your positive comments and are glad we had the opportunity to serve your hotel needs. I have copied each department so the Managers can pass your comments on to the Staff.
Thank you for mentioning some of our special Team so we can let them know you appreciated the service they provided you. I hope we will have another opportunity to have you stay with us in the future.
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 2 December 2013

This is a very nice hotel, clean and nice people. That being said, be warned the full sized beds are small. I got a room for my husband, two teenagers and me. It was too tight. If more than two people, get two rooms that join.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your positive comments on the DoubleTree Richardson. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us. It is very important to us to offer a high quality of service and we work with ur staff through ongoing trainging. I am sorry the beds did not meet your expectation. They are the Full Size Double Beds and the guest rooms are very spacious but I could see it not being comfortable for two adults and two teenagers. I hope you will give us an opportunity to serve your hotel needs in the future.
maryland
Reviewed 1 December 2013

My hubby & I checked out of this hotel today. We usually like to stay at the homewood suites but they were fully booked. We had a standard studio with one king size bed.

Pros: CLEAN (thank GOD), prompt check in, help flu staff, did I say clean, great location right off I-75, We also got a complimentary fridge and microwave upon request although we were told that was based on availability. Great sleep number bed. Our room was cleaned promptly everyday, free parking, free wifi

Cons: tiny bathroom, no free breakfast ( no big deal), slightly shabby carpet (but clean), the lady at check out was a bit annoying, she kind of ignored us while waiting to check out pretending like she did not see us until we tried several times to get her attention but everyone else was courteous and nice.

I recommend the hotel and could possibly stay here again although my preference is still the Homewood suites.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Brenda W, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Dallas - Richardson, responded to this review, 4 December 2013
Thank you for your positive comments on the DoubleTree Richardson. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us. I am sorry the beds did not meet your expectation. They are the Full Size Double Beds and the guest rooms are very spacious but I could see it not being comfortable for two adults and two teenagers. I hope you will give us an opportunity to serve your hotel needs in the future.
Longview, United States
Reviewed 22 November 2013

I rate this hotel a perfect 10. We have stayed here multiple times and always treated with kindness and caring. Great staff and nice place to stay when in town for business or medical. We look forward to the visit.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Brenda W, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Dallas - Richardson, responded to this review, 25 November 2013
You are very kind to rate the hotel a ten. We appreciate your business and will pass this on to each department to share with our Employees. They make the hotel great. I hope we see you soon and have an opportunity to serve your hotel needs.