“Good accomodations”

Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Richardson
New Orleans, United States
“Good accomodations”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

This hotel provides good, but not great, accommodations. I have stayed here numerous times over the past 5 years, primarily because of the location, price, and free parking. I have used the restaurant for breakfast, which is fine, but cannot comment on the quality of the restaurant for lunch or dinner.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Brenda W, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Dallas - Richardson, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Thank you for your feedback and for staying with us multiple times. We appreciate your business and look forward to having you back.
Brenda

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Cypress, Texas
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I recently stayed at the Doubletree a couple of times for business. The crown jewel of this hotel is the Concierge Lounge on the 12th floor. Great breakfast and dinner every day. It was sad to see that the front desk staff did not promote this lounge to the eligible guests. I am a HHonors Diamond member and was staying on the 12th floor and found it by accident. My co-workers who were staying on other floors didn't even know about it. Every time I was in there (which was almost every day) there was no guests or very few guests. The service was top notch in the lounge. Also the breakfast buffet is great. Cooked to order items and a large variety of readily available items. The rooms were large, clean and comfortable. Will be back when doing business in this area!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for staying with us for business. I agree that the Executive Lounge is a true benefit for our Diamond Members. I will be discussing the promotion of this Lounge with our Front Desk Manager as all Diamond and Gold members can take advantage of it. I hope you will stay with us again in the future.
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I checked into the hotel for a one night stay. There is no free wifi so that was a negative but i can deal with that. I went to to sleep in a pretty nice room no complaints about that. I woke up to my chest covered in red bite marks everywhere. I would guess that there were about 25 bites all over my chest. I stayed on the 8th floor and while I was there I saw one of the rooms down the hall getting the mattress changed out but didn't think anything of it. After waking up in pain now I know why they were changing out the mattress. I complained to the manager Ray Neveraez and never hard back from him so he didn't care. Its just not safe to stay here and if you do watch out you might wake up covered in bites. I would love to upload a pic but i can't so everyone can see my chest.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
I apologize for your poor experience. We have a exterminator company contracted that sprays the rooms on a regular basis and we had not had any other complaints even though we have been sold out for several days. We will research and determine what room you were in and have a special treatment of that room. Once again we are sorry this happened and will be investigating it.
Reviewed 23 June 2014

This hotel is older and it certainly shows. They have made a few cosmetic improvements but it needs an entire overhaul. When I checked in the front desk attendant was chatting with another hotel employee and acted like I was an inconvenience. The room and halls were dark. The bathroom was tiny. When I went to open the amenities guide, two bugs were crawling inside. There are a few much nicer hotels nearby and I will be staying in those next time.

Houston, United States
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Great place to stay. Lots of bang for the buck. The chocolate chip cookies are still good. Clean room everyday, friendly staff. Always willing to help with anything. Great breakfast. The Exec. level meet and greet room was great.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Brenda W, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Dallas - Richardson, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Thank you for staying with us and taking time out of your busy schedule to give us positive feedback. We appreciate your business. I have shared your comments with all of the Managers so they can give the Associates recognition for providing a good stay for you. I hope we will see you back in the near future.
Edmond, Oklahoma
Reviewed 17 June 2014

This has become a bit of a go-to hotel for us when visiting Dallas. It's just a bit south of 635 in Richardson which means you're close enough to Dallas proper without paying some of the prices commanded by hotels that are closer in. Despite the short drive to/from Dallas this hotel has a lot to offer thanks to its location. There's a Starbucks and a Pot Belly's sandwich shop in the parking lot. And if head west on Cambell Road (which fronts the hotel) there are numerous dining and shopping options. And our favorite breakfast place - Café Brazil - is just a bit north on the southbound service road to 75. It's also close to the Gatalyn and Arapaho DART stations - situated sort of between the two.

Check-in was a breeze - everything ready to go and just needed to sign and pick up our keys.
Room was clean and we didn't have any issues. We stay here 2-3X a year and it's our "official" hotel for the OU-Texas game. So we'll be back again come October.

Room Tip: Seems like the hallways can get a bit noisy. I always ask for a room far from the elevator as a res...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Orange, Virginia
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I stayed here for about a week for a combined business and personal trip. I like that it is just outside the congested downtown area but convenient to all the major roads. The pool area was quite small and even in June, the water was incredibly cold. The room was comfortable and I had a nice view of the downtown metropolitan area. The elevators probably need some work, because they would just randomly stop at floors, or decide to ascend when the indicator light/arrow showed them going down.

I will probably stay here again on my next trip to Dallas.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor with an even numbered room if you want to see downtown. Also ask for a room w...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for staying with us and I am glad you enjoyed the area. The location is great. I am sorry the pool was not warm. We look forward to your return.