“Sooooo GOOD!”

Italian Maid Cafe
Price range: US$0 - US$18
Cuisines: American, Italian
Dining options: Dinner
Description: Located in Historic Old Town Richmond.
Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

My family and I stopped here because we were in Houston and we're from south Texas and we like to try places off the beaten path. What a treat! Totally worth the half hour drive out of our way! Amazing service, food, and atmosphere!

Karen C, Social Media Assistant at Italian Maid Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

We are always pleased when we get good reviews! Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know.

Reviewed 11 April 2014 via mobile

Great ambiance with local charm and no crowds. Priced very reasonable - equal or less to an Olive Garden. Red sauces are good but sweet. Soup was wonderful... But sweet. Garlic bread was a little dry as though cooked just a tad too long but tasted fresh. Everything was done very well with nothing appearing to be out of a can (though I presume the calamari was frozen, of course). Will definitely return.

We love getting great reviews! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a pat on the back. We also strive to bring you the freshest ingredients! So Manga, Manga! LOL

Reviewed 3 January 2014

In an earlier review, I gave Italian Maid high marks. However, based on my last visit, the food has dramatically changed and it isn't for the better. On several visits before the "last", I noticed the food quality and consistency declining, This disappoints me. They had such a great little restaurant and I became a regular for some time. The only thing that I still enjoyed was the cilantro lime salad dressing. Don, my favorite waiter, is gone for some time and the service consistency left with him.

Karen C, Social Media Technician at Italian Maid Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2014

I am so very sorry your last visit was not what you had come to expect. We want all our customers to love their experience here and want them to know we care. I would like for you to try us again! We are continually reviewing the things we do in order to stay current and make things good for our patrons. Our family eats here all the time. The only thing I can say for sure that has changed is Don is gone. He had some personal issues and left the cafe. I have a staff who is willing and able to serve you some of the best italian food around. If there is anything special you would like just ask! Alex loves a good challenge. It is always our pleasure to serve YOU! Mangia! Mangia!

Reviewed 31 August 2013

Great little home owned restaurant with very good Italian cuisine. A small, intimate home owned restaurant in historic downtown, Richmond. Small but good wine list, good variety of Italian from lasagna to egg plant, to fish and shrimp dishes. The staff was friendly and helpful. The price was very affordable.

Reviewed 1 August 2013

Been eating here for ~ 7 years. Miss ol' Don (waiter - no more). The lunch is great , Pesto pasta if you need a suggestion. Dinner good too, only been twice @ dinner. The owner, cook, and serving staff are friendly and efficient. Owners will remember you. Small venue reminds me of home 1968...a good thing. Nice area surrounding the restaurant, Old Town Richmond. Worth the drive. My # 1 lunch choice in town.