“Decent for the price”

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Roanoke
Arkansas
“Decent for the price”
Reviewed 27 March 2014

We stayed here on a stop over between destinations. There were some minor maintenance issues that needed to be addressed. The exterior lights made it uncomfortable to leave the curtains open. Toiletries were skimpy. We left early in the morning and missed the breakfast, but they had drying fans in the breakfast area all night. No explanation offered from the staff (I did not ask about it). It appeared that they were still blowing when we left in the morning.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Tina P, Manager at Comfort Suites Near Alliance, responded to this review, 30 March 2014
Dear SmackArkansas,

We are excited you decided to stay with us while traveling through our city. However, did have had a few actions going on at the hotel, which may have caused some concern. We are always focused on keeping the property well maintained, which was the reason for the fans blowing in the breakfast area. The Pantries had just been refinished, so fans were helping speed up the drying time. Informational signs were placed in the breakfast area to ensure guests were made aware of the property improvements. Lighting can be rather bright on our exterior building, this is for safety reasoning. To help control the brightness we have blackouts behind our drapes. In regards to the toiletries, we place the brand standard amount in each room, however, additional items are available, free of charge, at the front desk. We love our guests and would love for you to try us again during your next visit through the great city of Roanoke, TX.
Best Wishes! Tina P.- General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Los Angeles, California, United States
Reviewed 29 January 2014

This is my third stay at this hotel, and I like to stay here whenever I am in Dallas. I have to say, this is by far my best experience. The facility is really nice. Everything is clean and fresh. There are little extras here that travelers like me appreciate. Lots of plugs for your electronics. Usb ports are a nice touch that are not in all comfort inns.
The real improvement over last time is in the staff. Karl "Optimus Prime" Ruyle (the one I raved about last time) has been promoted to manager. Great move by the owners. I have definitely noticed a change in culture of the staff. If you read my other reviews, you know that one of my pet peeves is photocopies and scans. Charging for this is really insulting. The previous manager was really nice and did this for me without any attitude. Karl has gone one step above. He is teaching his staff to provide this top notch service as well. So this time, I met one of his staff Zach "ironhide". He was being taught how to do the scans yesterday. I also met Nancy who had moved here from Long Beach. She was very nice at the front desk. One other person (who unfortunately I did not get his name) was the maintenance guy who fixed the heater in the room, and then took the extra step to follow up and make sure everything was great with me. This is what I mean by raising the level of service. Even the people who clean the rooms have gotten better. They FULLY stock the room with towels, soap, and most of all COFFEE. Trust me, there is coffee in the lobby, but it is a nice touch to have enough coffee stocked in your room that you don't have to leave your room in the middle of the night.
Well done, Tina Patel on upgrading this hotel. I look forward to staying here again next time I am in Dallas.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Tina P, General Manager at Comfort Suites Near Alliance, responded to this review, 4 February 2014
Dear JohnHagopian,

WOW!!!! Where do we begin to say "THANK YOU!" It truly brings joy to our hearts to read such an outstanding review! It is definitely our goal to make sure our guests have an enjoyable experience and share with others how their stay was; from your review it seem as though both parts of our goals were met!
Thank you for taking notice of the changes we are making within the property. We are planning to renovate our lobby soon! So definitely be sure to let us know what you think about this new look once completed!
I will be sure to share your wonderful words with the staff, as this will bring a big smile on their face. Also,I see you couldn't rememer our Mgr. over Engineering. His name is Shone ( pronounced Shaun)-- he is definitely a keeper, as are all our associates!

Looking forward to having you back at our hotel soon!

Tina P. - General Manager
cocoa beach fl
Reviewed 24 December 2013 via mobile

Stayed 3 nights while visiting family in the area. The hotel was very quiet. We thought that it was above average in cleanliness. The staff was friendly and professional. Morning breakfast was fresh with a nice variety of selections. We will definitely stay again when we come back.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Tina P, General Manager at Comfort Suites Near Alliance, responded to this review, 30 December 2013
Dear CocaBeach FL,

Thank you so very kindly for taking the time to share these comments with us. I am confident this will bring a joyous smile to our team members and encourage them to keep up the good work. We welcome you back to the hotel the next time you are in the city so please do come stay with us again! Happy New Year!- Tina P.- Genera Manager
Weed, California
Reviewed 13 December 2013

I really enjoyed my stay here. The staff was very accommodating and professional. The breakfast was delicious. The hotel is a short drive from DFW which was a big plus. I would definitely stay at this location again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Tina P, General Manager at Comfort Suites Near Alliance, responded to this review, 16 December 2013
Thank You Mark S. for taking the time to share your Experience with others! We are so excited to hear you had a great stay at our hotel during your most recent visit to the city. Your comment will be shared with our team, so they too can share in with your positive feedback.

We will look forward to the next time you are in town, so we can host your again! Wishing you a warm and happy holiday season! - Sincerely, Tina P. - General Manager
Apache Junction, Arizona
Reviewed 28 October 2013

We spent 5 days here last week and had a very nice experience. The staff was pleasant and helpful, they even put our group in adjoining rooms even tho we didn't arrive together. Breakfast was excellent and very complete with waffles, eggs, sausage, biscuits and gravy, and many other items. Coffee was available in the lobby at all times and if we ever get back to Texas we will stay there again. My only complaint was the TV was very iffy and the closet doors did not work well.
The LeBeau family.

Room Tip: We were on the second floor and it was very quiet. We even had the paramedics in during the middle...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Tina P, General Manager at Comfort Suites Near Alliance, responded to this review, 30 October 2013
Ms Betty L,

We are so happy to hear that our property brought added value to your first visit to Texas! Placing smiles on our guest's faces is the highlight of our day, so thank you for sharing your visit with us!

If you or the LeBeau Family are ever in the area and have time to stop by for breakfast, we would love to have you dine with us again!

You are always welcome at our hotel!

Wishing you the Best! Tina P. - General Manager
Long Valley, New Jersey
Reviewed 17 October 2013 via mobile

Convenient to IH35W, 114, and the Alliance Corridor, this hotel is a stones throw from Texas Motor Speedway. I stayed there with a handful of friends, all of whom were joining me for a performance driving course at the speedway. Proximity isn't the only thing the hotel has going for it. Although from the faded sign, it's obviously an aged property, inside it seems to have been remodeled. The wifi is free and works perfectly, excellent channel variety on the flat screen tv, large mini suite type room which, although simple, was clean and had plenty of power accessibility for my tech gadgets. Make no mistake, it's not a luxury hotel, but it's not intended to be. As a limited service value focused hotel, it's priced right, includes a free hot breakfast, and it convenient to a few restaurants and convenience stores. If I'm ever back in the area, I'd try it again. Thank you to the front desk staff for the courtesy.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Hi TexKeyStone!

We loved reading your review! Thank you for taking the time to share with others your feedback about our property! We do work to keep the property is good condition and of course, focus on providing or guests with excellent customer service. This truly makes our staff feel good and know that their service is not going unrecognized. Come back anytime! We will work to keep the service consistent so your smile will also remain the same! Best Wishes! Tina P. - General Manager
Elgin, Texas
Reviewed 7 September 2013

The hotel was great.. Very clean.. I just left there for business purpose..The hotel manager there was terrific... she help me with some matter I was having with my bank. that was great...she went the extra mile in helping me... I will stay there again...thanks.....from Fred

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Tina P, General Manager at Comfort Suites Near Alliance, responded to this review, 23 September 2013
Hi Fred,

Your compliments on both the hotel and guest relations provided, definitely makes this General Manager Smile! Thank you for staying with us, sharing your feedback, and confirming that you will stay with us again when in the Roanoke area. As a team leader of this property, I strive to practice what I preach and every now and then, I actually get to see and hear the results live! I love my staff and appreciate guests like yourself who display both patiences and understanding, as our team work extra hard to meet your expectations! We welcome you back anytime! Thank you! Tina P.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Roanoke
Best Western Roanoke Inn & Suites
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Roanoke/Northlake
Hampton Inn & Suites Trophy Club - Fort Worth North
Hampton Inn and Suites North Fort Worth - Alliance Airport
Homewood Suites by Hilton Trophy Club Fort Worth North
WoodSpring Suites Fort Worth Trophy Club

Been to Comfort Suites Near Alliance? Share your experiences!