“Great Steak - Burger”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Prairie House Restaurant
Reviewed 21 May 2012

This is one of my favorite places for steak & potato. It has changed name and is also called "Reno Red's Frontier Cooking". On highway 377 through Roanoke, TX. Burger or steak - either are good. It's a little rustic here - not real fancy - but guality (not quanity but you get a good size meal) of food counts more for me. Service is great and preperation speed usually about right. Time to chat a little and drink a coke out of a fruit jar. There is two sides to the resturant - facing as you go in and meet the receptionist the Left door is for smoking (I believe) and the right is for non-smoking (that's where we go). Considering todays fast food prices - this is not so bad.

slim89, Owner at Prairie House Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2012

Reno Reds is not affiliated with Prairie House. Please be careful to read the sign and menu as name has changed.

There are newer reviews for Prairie House Restaurant

Reviewed 13 May 2012

The food is well made and priced. The atmosphere is ok and it has a nice feel.

Reviewed 2 May 2012

Prairie House Restaurant had a great chicken friend steak! It has recently changed names and we have yet to try out the new restaurant. I am unaware as to whether it was simply a name change, which would be odd since it's been Prairie House for a long time, or it it changed owners.

Reviewed 5 January 2012

My husband and I just moved to the area and thought we would try out this restaurant. It is a very cool building and neat on the inside. However, we found the food to be average and haven't been back since. I'm sure it's a fun family restaurant, but we didn't find it enticing us back...

Reviewed 6 September 2011

My boyfriend and I came here for Labor Day because the food has always been good. Unfortunately, we didn't get to taste it. We were seated promptly but were ignored. No one would acknowledge us or take our drink order. We sat there for almost 10 minutes. Then, another couple came in and were seated near us. The waitress not only greeted them before they even had a chance to sit down, their drink order was taken right away! Did I mention, we happened to be the only "non-whites" there? I hate to use the word biggot, but if it walks and talks like one.......will NEVER come here again! And I will also make sure the police department my Boyfriend works for doesn't come here either!

3  Thank LolaFloGo