“Business Stay”

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Robstown
Houston, United States
“Business Stay”
Reviewed 5 August 2013

Hotel staff was friendly and welcoming. Lots of parking and most importantly the king suite was large, clean and spacious. A great value for the price. Breakfast was nice though if you are a coffee fanatic, bring your own. The room comes with a coffee maker, microwave and mini fridge.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 29 June 2013

I'm a frequent guest at this hotel and I'm concerned with the bugs I've found in our room. There was tons of bugs everywhere and when I walked over to the front desk, I mentioned it. The clerk came over to the room and says that they are mould bugs. She got nervous and started stuttering. When I looked into it, these bugs are a sign of moisture, mold. Very concerned. I got the impression that they are aware of the problem and are ignoring it.

Stayed May 2013, travelled solo

Travellers are raving about these Robstown hotels

Houston, Texas, United States
Reviewed 27 May 2013

We booked through my rewards account. Front desk manager/operator was rude. She seemed to not comprehend our requests for things like towels and coffee for the rooms. We were responded to with annoyed facial expressions and I was told they "do not have enough". Given it was Memorial Day weekend with 100% capacity you would think the would have stocked up. Housekeeping and morning desk help were wonderful and friendly. Breakfast ran out really early with food not lasting past one hour prior to shut down. Not in the most attractive area, but it was close to our destination.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Perry, Michigan
Reviewed 7 April 2013

To the girl that checked us in the ear bud phone makes you look crazy I thought maybe you were singing to yourself while talking with me but after several visits d/t the key cards not working and not enough towels I realized you were continually on your phone (BTW If you program the keys together they won't keep canceling the other which we learned thanks to the morning clerk Monday after 3 days of frustration with the key cards). The highway was noisy and it took several days to adjust, the breakfast.... OK it seems a bit unfair that so much is cleared out so early, its a short time 6-9 and it would be nice to have coffee and not have to ask have it made, I hate the fact that there's this beautiful large flat screen but the music is so loud I could never hear it, even when I sat next to it, it didn't help when housekeeping decided to eat breakfast too before they started there day (I thought that was a perk for the $100+ I was paying a night), which reminds me, it would also be a good idea not to be walking down the hall talking about how you'd never pay $100 for a night or even $50 to stay at the place your employed at, made me question what I didn't know. The place is beautiful but the staff I have just a few the one that fixed my key card problem and the lady that was so nice to my daughter. The one that repeatedly told the Pizza Hut that's on the key card that we weren't answering our phone and turned them away as we waited and repeatedly called and complained because we had family over and were waiting to eat. YOU DIDN'T CALL OUR ROOM!!! Why they even stopped at the desk is beyond me. The fold out couch is unsleepable but the rooms are large, we had a separate bedroom (one of those $100 rooms housekeeping wouldn't stay in). After an initial bump with housekeeping refigerator dirty, hair in bathtub, popcorn along bed skirting and pink glitter blob behind the bathroom door which all I failed to report, I put the housekeeping sign out but it was turned to private so the next day i had a pile of wet towels and no clean ones, front desk (talking on the phone vs singing continuously girl) said it was a housekeeping issue and there was no place to put the towels they had to stay in my room kind of upset me. Never seen a bug which was nice. If your going to have coin operated washer/dryer have somewhere to get change, desk doesn't do that either. Not my first stay but its between my two daughters so I like the location. Waffles are always available and good I miss the one that made them into the chape of Texas. If your going to have cream cheese you need to have bagels vs toast. Twice I have had family members fall because the rubber mat is rolled up and in the corner shelf on the tub, they are slippery without the matts (didn't report). The beds always hurt my back but the pillows are plentiful and full. Air works well but my room always smelled a bit musty even though housekeeping cleaned it well during the stay. The pool is small but nice, I didn't know there was a sauna nore has anyone ever said where that was located although it was listed in an earlier review. The closet door only opened on the left. OH when I was told by phone/singing desk clerk to come get towels I did notice the cleaning room was clean and well organized (bonus). The rock pile water fall would be much more attractive if they placed greenery around the white pipes that provide the water. Check out was easy an efficient. The first day we got there we used the pizza hut advertised on the key card and my phone worked after I switched it from one spot to another at the inlet the pizza came faster than expected and was delicious however the second time we ordered we never did get our pizza which I initially blamed on Pizza Hut until the front desk called and said we werent answering our phone?! Yep they called me on the phone to say we didn't answer the phone so the pizza was turned away.... twice. UGH

Room Tip: I was told since I requested a Suite with a double bed those were only located closest to the highwa...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
South Padre Island, Texas
Reviewed 28 March 2013

Wouldn't normally stay here but closest Hampton Inn and Holiday Inn Express were full.
Called in advance to make reservation and upon arrival available staff members were not exactly rude, but could have been more interested in getting us registered.
Comfortable room, comfortable bed, quiet evening to sleep.
Went to breakfast at least an hour and a half before closing and there was almost nothing to eat. They did have juice and coffee, but nothing hot and no fruit...and there was a big picture of the breakfast special in front of the empty warmer. The girl at the desk said that it was not possible to order more..orders are called in the night before based on occupancy, and were delivered in the early a.m. They shouldn't advertise breakfast if they can't get it right and provide it.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank HJ S
Bluffton,Tx
Reviewed 13 February 2013

I made a reservation about two months before my stay,then about a week before my stay I cancel the first reservation and made a new one because the price for a night drop like $20.I did this all on the Best Western web site.Before I left I called B/W reservation to make sure I had the lower price and the other one was cancel,and told me that everything was okay.
The nightmare,When I got to the front desk to check in,the boy was trying to charge me the higher price,I told him what I did,but the guy at the front desk said he never receive anything about the lower price.I went online and printed out that it was confirm that I did cancel the old reservation and had a new one,but the ding dong at the front desk said it didn't matter.
Since I'm a diamond member at B/W,I had a number for member only,I called them and told them what happen,when I was on the line with them they called ding dong at the front desk,and when they were talking to him (ding dong) he look at me and rolled his eyes.I got the lower price after he got a talking too.
The motel inside and out was very clean,the rooms were great,Everything was great till breakfast,there was only a small amount of OJ that came out.I ask the guy at the front desk about it he told me that the OJ was still frozen and that's why it was a small amount,but the girl for the morning shift came and someone told her about it and she took the frozen bag out and warm it in the microwave oven,and that took a whole 3 mins to do,I guess the other guy was ding dongs brother to lazy to defrost OJ. The breakfast was okay,I had worst.
I stayed here in June of 2009.
Always filled out the B/W survey card they should be one in the room or front desk,after filling it out just drop it in the mail,never give it to the motel.If they don't have a card you can call 800-780-7234 and ask for customer service.Best Western will take care of things,I know this first hand a few times.B/W can and will take membership away from motels that are not up to their standers.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank nazirites
Edinburg, Texas
Reviewed 6 January 2013

The breakfast was delicious and the service was great. The pool had a cool rock next to it and glowing lights. The beds were comfy and relaxing. The price was good.I would recommend this hotel to my friends and family.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Also consider these accommodations in or near Robstown
Best Western Northwest Corpus Christi Inn & Suites
Best Western Northwest Corpus Ch...
#23 of 80 in Corpus Christi
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Corpus Christi NW-Calallen
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suit...
#37 of 80 in Corpus Christi
Hampton Inn Corpus Christi - Northwest I-37
Hampton Inn Corpus Christi - Nor...
#16 of 80 in Corpus Christi
Hampton Inn & Suites Corpus Christi
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Corpus Christi
#8 of 80 in Corpus Christi

Been to Best Western Plus Tropic Inn? Share your experiences!