“motel in Robstown, TX”
Review of Tropic Inn

Tropic Inn
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Robstown
Reviewed 17 October 2013

This motel provides very good accommodations in Robstown, TX. Well located close to the Borchard Fairgrounds. Easy in and out and the staff is eager to please. Did not have any problems. The beds were great and the air conditioning worked well.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 2 September 2013 via mobile

The hotel is located off of the highway outside of Robstown. We arrived late, the staff was accommodating and quickly checked us in. The room itself was was clean, beds are comfortable. For breakfast they served your typical continental breakfast items along with homemade tacos. They did put us in room 109. I would ask for a different room because the flood light is right outside the window and despite the curtains light still came in. Unfortunately all rooms were sold out so we could not switch. Other than that we had a good stay.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 30 August 2013

My husband is currently not with me at the moment, he is relocated by the state for a while, I go and visit him when able and I always stay at the best western near by, the staff is kind and friendly, I have been there so often that they know me by name and know when I will be there and always book my next stay prior to me leaving. it is nice to call and have the staff know me by name and able to recognize me when I arrive, its like going to visit friends and when my husband does come home, I will miss them.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 August 2013

We stayed here and the first thing that bothered me was that there was dead ants in every corner of the bathroom. We then noticed ants crawling on the night stand between the beds. The ceiling in the bathroom had mold and mildew growing on it. The soap,shampoo, and condition dispenser in the shower was empty. The full breakfast was a JOKE and there was NOTHING HOT about it. The swimming pool is very small and the whirlpool didn't even have water in it and had furniture stacked all around it. Was very disappointed in this Best Western hotel and would not recommend it to anyone. The bugs,the mold, and mildew were enough for me not to like the place.

Room Tip: read others reviews before booking.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 August 2013

Hotel staff was friendly and welcoming. Lots of parking and most importantly the king suite was large, clean and spacious. A great value for the price. Breakfast was nice though if you are a coffee fanatic, bring your own. The room comes with a coffee maker, microwave and mini fridge.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 June 2013

I'm a frequent guest at this hotel and I'm concerned with the bugs I've found in our room. There was tons of bugs everywhere and when I walked over to the front desk, I mentioned it. The clerk came over to the room and says that they are mould bugs. She got nervous and started stuttering. When I looked into it, these bugs are a sign of moisture, mold. Very concerned. I got the impression that they are aware of the problem and are ignoring it.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 May 2013

We booked through my rewards account. Front desk manager/operator was rude. She seemed to not comprehend our requests for things like towels and coffee for the rooms. We were responded to with annoyed facial expressions and I was told they "do not have enough". Given it was Memorial Day weekend with 100% capacity you would think the would have stocked up. Housekeeping and morning desk help were wonderful and friendly. Breakfast ran out really early with food not lasting past one hour prior to shut down. Not in the most attractive area, but it was close to our destination.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Robstown
Best Western Northwest Corpus Christi Inn & Suites
Best Western Northwest Corpus Ch...
#16 of 79 in Corpus Christi
Hampton Inn Corpus Christi - Northwest I-37
Hampton Inn Corpus Christi - Nor...
#19 of 79 in Corpus Christi
Omni Corpus Christi Hotel
Omni Corpus Christi Hotel
#3 of 79 in Corpus Christi
Plaza Inn
Plaza Inn
#46 of 79 in Corpus Christi
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Corpus Christi NW-Calallen
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suit...
#34 of 79 in Corpus Christi
#6 of 79 in Corpus Christi

Been to Tropic Inn? Share your experiences!