“Charm and value”
Review of Rainbow Courts

Rainbow Courts
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Rockdale
Reviewed 7 April 2012

On this, our second stay at Rainbow Courts, we again had a lovely room for a great price. Rainbow Courts is worth the drive from College Station on those weekends when you can't get a room in town. In our free-standing building, we had a super comfy bed, sofa, arm chair, a separate kitchen, and a handsome bathroom--I want to be shut out of CS again, so we have to head on over to Rockdale! I would like to have an opportunity to come here and make use of the grounds--beautiful.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank BeckiLS

Reviewed 6 April 2012

Rainbow Courts is the cutest, neatest, motel in Texas in my opinion. We stayed there last weekend with about8 couples and one single male and all of us loved it. We were riding around looking at wild flowers. We will certainly come back again.

Room Tip: Any of the rooms were nice. We had 10 rooms and they were all excellent. They also have a nice bed...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 April 2012

I love staying here! I have stayed twice and both times my room has been great. The rooms are always very clean and nicely decorated. The grounds are nicely landsacped just making you want to sit outside and relax before turning in for the night. Probably one of the few places where I felt relaxed and right at home. I will definitely stay here again and would highly recommend Rainbow Courts as a great place to stay!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 March 2012

We were invited to a family wedding in Austin the week of SXSW. With few room available in Austin we chose to stay at the Rainbow Courts in Rockdale. It was a great choice. The rooms are beautifully restored with charm and elegance. Our hosts were great, friendly, but not intrusive. Outside our door there was a beautiful wisteria which made the path to our cabin a trail of blossoms. Rates are reasonable. We loved everything about it.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Cottage, a two room suite. It was very comfortable.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 March 2012

If you stay in Rockdale, stay here. Beautiful grounds w/ lots of trees and green lawns. The rooms are very charming and comfortable; immaculately clean as well. For such a historic, old place, the rooms were very clean and fresh. The pricing was very reasonable, and the owners Dan and Joan were very, very pleasant and hospitable. I'm glad to see places like this still exist vs. all of the chains you see nowadays. While some chains are nice, they aren't always as reasonable on price, and the chains that are more affordable always seem outdated and dirty, or in some not-so-great areas. The owners take lots of pride in their grounds, and it shows. They even sent me a personal, hand-written thank you for staying a week later when I got home. How cool is that? I highly recommend that if you're going to stay in Rockdale or anywhere near the area, this is a great bet. Very relaxing and pleasant stay at the Rainbow Courts in Rockdale, TX.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 March 2012

I was in Rockdale for an artist workshop, and stayed at Rainbow Courts. Joan and her husband, the owners, made me feel so welcome, that I felt we were long-time friends by the time I left! The place is also an Historical site, and several of the buildings are over 100 years old, lovingly restored and charmingly decorated. I stayed in one of the single queen rooms, in the 'motel' style building. Next time I would love to stretch my budget for one of the premium suites in the separate historical buildings.
For the practical review: The beds are comfortable! And the air conditioning is the type that will STAY ON, it WON'T go switching off and on as the temperature adjusts. The fan remains constant, so you can get some restful sleep! That's a peeve of mine, and so many places you just never know how the AC is going to work.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Rita K
Reviewed 2 February 2012

At first glance, passing by on the highway, the outside of the grounds had my companion and I worried, as it looked nothing like what the website advertised. However, once you pass through the entrance drive, you entire an entirely different world full of immaculate gardens and lawns, complete with lounging chairs. This was the escape that was described online. The room was smaller than expected, but very well maintained. The bathroom was spotless. Our room was equipped with satellite tv and a wine cooler. There was an interesting smell in our room, I could only make out as being cigarette smoke that they tried to get out, body odor or a stinky iron used on the sheets. We did have a non smoking room. The check in office was very cute and seemed to have original, albeit well maintained, pieces of furniture and antiques. There also a few cats that patrol the grounds and check in office, they are very sweet and in no way annoying like some cats can be. It has been a family owned business since the early 1900s (if memory serves me correctly) and the couple that own it now are polite. The wife is very helpful and knowledgeable about everything Rockdale. The two times we had to interact with the husband at the front desk while his wife was away, he seemed as though we were interrupting something he was doing and seemed aggravated that he had to deal with us. He acted as if he would have rather been anywhere else but there. Will stay there if we ever pass through Rockdale again, but will get one of the larger rooms.

• Stayed: January 2012